• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When does the turnaround time start?

66 posts in this topic

I am curious to know what the stated turnaround times include. For example - I sent in a small 5 card submission using the Standard service which states it is 25 working days. Do those 25 days start when the submission is signed for when delivered or does it start when CSG enters the submission into the computer? My order showed it was received on Monday (through FedEx tracking) but has yet to be entered into the CSG system. Do these count within the turnaround time or not?

Thanks again!

Turnaround times reflect the average length of time that we think it will take to complete a submission received today under a given grading tier or service. Turnaround times for individual submissions can vary based on a variety of factors including whether the submission form was completed properly, the submission was packaged correctly, the collectibles require additional research and other reasons.

We strive to provide the most up-to-date turnaround time estimates on our website. For current turnaround times, please visit CSGcards.com/Services.

3 hours ago, ThomasAA said:

@NicholePer thanks for the response!

So to clarify, my understanding is that the estimated turnaround time starts when you receive the package (ie. From FedEx) not when you enter the package into the system.

Thanks again!

Turnaround times start when the submission is entered into our system. This means that when a submission shows up in Submission Tracking, the turnaround time starts.

5 hours ago, NicholePer said:

Turnaround times start when the submission is entered into our system. This means that when a submission shows up in Submission Tracking, the turnaround time starts.

Thank you for the clarification! Since you guys are experiencing a few weeks backlog of entering submissions into your system it might be best to state that on the website or update the turnaround times. I found the wording around that a bit confusing as I assumed the 25 working day turnaround would start when you received the package in the mail. When in fact it is 25 working days plus a few weeks to enter into the submission. (On a side note, the customer service has been amazing so far and this forum is a great addition!)

I agree CSG should be transparent to what are mostly new customers. I have a submission received March 10 that still isn’t entered in the CSG system.  So that means AT LEAST 3-4 weeks on top of the stated turnaround time.  Just be honest with people and it will go better here as you begin.  

I'm sensing a massive MASSIVE amount of gridlock. Today will be my 14th full day of zero progress updates and I have two submissions waiting. My 3rd is printed out and packaged. I've given up on the 60 day...or rather "working day" and have settled on the 60 week turn around time. Even though the site hasn't updated the "current" turn around time. Did CSG bite off more than they can chew? Would a west Coast Submission center fix the problem? I feel for CSG so much work and not enough time in a day. So how does CSG fix it? not for the sake of the submitter but for the sake of raking in all that cash and still maintaining a quality service. I know you all just got that 80,000 plus sq foot addition but perhaps a west coast location would fix the kink and provide relief to the bottle neck.

I would suggest being as transparent as possible on the actual turnaround times. If the entered in system piece is going on 10 days or more delay you need to be vocal about it so people know. What has turned off most people with the grading process is being told one thing and next thing you know your cards are somehwere else and you have no idea when you are getting them back. You should also consider limiting submissions whenever you start approaching two weeks added to turnaround times.

The hard line in the sand for most customers is the turnaround time - meeting expectations. Everyone understands if you suddenly get slammed but you need to communicate how this is going to affect customer's cards return dates and then limit the damage/wait times ASAP.

Example: customers shouldn't have to post on a forum or other social media with this question. A proactive accouncement should be made and it would be nice if a mass email went out to customers updating them.

Edited by screwball

2 hours ago, screwball said:

I would suggest being as transparent as possible on the actual turnaround times. If the entered in system piece is going on 10 days or more delay you need to be vocal about it so people know. What has turned off most people with the grading process is being told one thing and next thing you know your cards are somehwere else and you have no idea when you are getting them back. You should also consider limiting submissions whenever you start approaching two weeks added to turnaround times.

The hard line in the sand for most customers is the turnaround time - meeting expectations. Everyone understands if you suddenly get slammed but you need to communicate how this is going to affect customer's cards return dates and then limit the damage/wait times ASAP.

Example: customers shouldn't have to post on a forum or other social media with this question. A proactive accouncement should be made and it would be nice if a mass email went out to customers updating them.

Thank you for comment. We are currently experiencing extremely high submission volumes and are working hard to complete submissions as quickly as possible while ensuring the quality of our services. We know that turnaround times are important to our customers. We apologize for any delays or inconvenience. You can contact CSG customer service about your order by calling 888-274-4723 (toll free) or 941-361-1950, or email service@csgcards.com.

7 hours ago, NicholePer said:

Thank you for comment. We are currently experiencing extremely high submission volumes and are working hard to complete submissions as quickly as possible while ensuring the quality of our services. We know that turnaround times are important to our customers. We apologize for any delays or inconvenience. You can contact CSG customer service about your order by calling 888-274-4723 (toll free) or 941-361-1950, or email service@csgcards.com.

Most of us appreciate the hard work you guys do. We can only imagine the influx of orders coming in. Thank you, have a great weekend!

Edited by ItismeHerb
typo

1 hour ago, Jrlewis830 said:

I sent 3 orders 2 express and one economy. One of the express orders has been logged as received but the other 2 have not all orders were delivered on the same day 

Per their website, they open Walkthrough and Express packages first, that might be an explanation.

On 4/2/2021 at 10:37 PM, ItismeH said:

Per their website, they open Walkthrough and Express packages first, that might be an explanation.

So, curious....how do they know the status of the order?   It seems the length of time to go from the delivery of the box (as indicated by the delivery service chosen) and the time it is enter into the CSG system is independent of the service level requested.  Or do they open each order as soon as received and put it into a line based on the service delivery level requested?

My understanding with Walkthrough and Express is that you write it on the outside of the package so they are aware of the service level.

With the other levels, no idea. I would assume the same thing, they open it and it gets sorted into a different line.

In other words....when a box/envelope is received do they open them and then bin them by date received and service level requested, or simply they store them in a pile based on date it hits their PO Box and open them in that order?   I was thinking the latter. 

3 minutes ago, ThomasAA said:

My understanding with Walkthrough and Express is that you write it on the outside of the package so they are aware of the service level.

With the other levels, no idea. I would assume the same thing, they open it and it gets sorted into a different line.

Thanks for that insight.  Wasn't aware of the request to state walkthrough/express.   I did put my order number in the address label thinking that might help

On 3/31/2021 at 4:09 PM, ThomasAA said:

Thank you for the clarification! Since you guys are experiencing a few weeks backlog of entering submissions into your system it might be best to state that on the website or update the turnaround times. I found the wording around that a bit confusing as I assumed the 25 working day turnaround would start when you received the package in the mail. When in fact it is 25 working days plus a few weeks to enter into the submission. (On a side note, the customer service has been amazing so far and this forum is a great addition!)

Welcome to the real world Neo.

On 4/5/2021 at 5:44 AM, Stormysweather said:

In other words....when a box/envelope is received do they open them and then bin them by date received and service level requested, or simply they store them in a pile based on date it hits their PO Box and open them in that order?   I was thinking the latter. 

I'm also thinking pile...and the bottom of the pile is much larger than the tip top. How are they supposed to know if you ordered the quick turnaround vs the bulk if you don't open the dang box? Well at least they gave us a chat to vent.