• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage order returned

9 posts in this topic

Got back 37 of 50 bulk submission, mostly vintage (a few 80's cards too). I haven't seen many examples of CSG with vintage, so sharing this and wanted to say, I really do like the way they cards look in these cases and also I thought their grading overall was on point and fair. 

CSG cards.JPG

Nice looking cards!!!  I don't know your experience level with grading.  Do you feel like CSG grades are inline with BVG or closer to SGC/PSA?  I ask this since the main grader was a Beckett grader and BVG grades were regularly one full grade above SGC/PSA.  Those screenshots don't look over graded like a BVG would be.

I thought overall the grading was fair. I had a spreadsheet I made for myself where I put what I thought the grade should be to compare with what came back. Of the ones where I was off, about 2/3 I under graded and 1/3 I over graded, but none by more than a grade. The exception was a 1969 leaders card I thought was would get a 7 or 8 and ended up with a 5 and I still can't figure out why. I don't think the grades were consistently a grade higher than SGC/PSA or anything like that. 

On 6/23/2021 at 5:17 PM, Mark Schlosberg said:

Got back 37 of 50 bulk submission, mostly vintage (a few 80's cards too). I haven't seen many examples of CSG with vintage, so sharing this and wanted to say, I really do like the way they cards look in these cases and also I thought their grading overall was on point and fair. 

CSG cards.JPG

That Spahnie!!!

On 6/30/2021 at 12:00 PM, Mark Schlosberg said:

I thought overall the grading was fair. I had a spreadsheet I made for myself where I put what I thought the grade should be to compare with what came back. Of the ones where I was off, about 2/3 I under graded and 1/3 I over graded, but none by more than a grade. The exception was a 1969 leaders card I thought was would get a 7 or 8 and ended up with a 5 and I still can't figure out why. I don't think the grades were consistently a grade higher than SGC/PSA or anything like that. 

thanx for sharing got some vintage i was thinkin bout,was really curious bout that 87 greg maddox nice cards dig that pete rose