• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Confusion around turnaround times. "Now Opening" vs. "Current Turnaround"

11 posts in this topic

Pretty much just the title. Now opening date is April 5th right now. Current turnaround for Standard Service is 47 business days (!!!!)...

April 5th was seventy-something days ago, so even just business days would be in the 50 day range and longer than Standard turnaround estimate and not leaving much time in the Economy tier (61 days)...

So is the process...

Received -> Opened (after 70 days) -> Turnaround Clock starts (Standard tier ~47 days) -> Return Shipping... so 4-5 months. 

Or is the "Now Opening" date just for bulk? Or some tier and below? I did a quick search and didn't see a clear answer on the page, the FAQ, or the forums. Maybe I'm just slow.

Thanks for the help.

PS - tried uploading a screenshot with no luck and a message to "contact us for assistance"... does that functionality work?

14 minutes ago, smallblockzach said:

Pretty much just the title. Now opening date is April 5th right now. Current turnaround for Standard Service is 47 business days (!!!!)...

April 5th was seventy-something days ago, so even just business days would be in the 50 day range and longer than Standard turnaround estimate and not leaving much time in the Economy tier (61 days)...

So is the process...

Received -> Opened (after 70 days) -> Turnaround Clock starts (Standard tier ~47 days) -> Return Shipping... so 4-5 months. 

Or is the "Now Opening" date just for bulk? Or some tier and below? I did a quick search and didn't see a clear answer on the page, the FAQ, or the forums. Maybe I'm just slow.

Thanks for the help.

PS - tried uploading a screenshot with no luck and a message to "contact us for assistance"... does that functionality work?

according to the site the turn around times is supposed to start when your cards are delivered to them , they dropped the ball with yours , id call the customer service number and speak to them directly but expect them to give you the same -script they give most ppl 

I appreciate the reply. Just to be clear, I haven't submitted anything yet. I joined, and I'm just trying to decide what cards, and how many, to submit.

How the tiers play out in terms of turnaround time are a big part of that decision. 

If the turnaround time starts when the package is received, which is how I read it as well, what does the "now opening" date mean then? Would they even know what tier it is before opening?

For anyone else looking, found this discussion, which is at least more involved and has some citations.

TL;DR; There is no consensus... but two basic camps

1. CSG has said turnaround time start when a package is delivered to their facility. This would make the most sense and is listed on the site in several places.

2. That's impossible, because it's not what's happening, so it must start when orders are entered into their system. Turnaround times seem to match if the date an order is entered into the system is used as a start. This still doesn't explain what "Now Opening" means, but is based on real world observations by customers.

Wish someone would step in and at least clarify the terms here. I really hope CSG makes it, but there's not a lot of things worse for a business than knowingly misleading your customers. You've got more work than you can handle, that's a great problem to have, that whole marketing machine doesn't need to bring in more business right now. Use it instead to build good will, understand the current status, build a long lasting community, and just give realistic expectations. Please.

Sorry, looks like I posted this in the wrong forum. If there's a cleanup crew, please feel free to move it.

The turnaround times start once the submission has been give the status of "received," which means it does not begin the day it's delivered by the shipping carrier. There is no way for them to track an individual submission until it has been received, so trying to calculate it from the delivery date is just wishful thinking. So technically in their system the submissions haven't "arrived" until they are logged in.

That's the way their comic book submissions have always worked as well. 

2 hours ago, Kon_Jelly said:

The turnaround times start once the submission has been give the status of "received," which means it does not begin the day it's delivered by the shipping carrier. There is no way for them to track an individual submission until it has been received, so trying to calculate it from the delivery date is just wishful thinking. So technically in their system the submissions haven't "arrived" until they are logged in.

That's the way their comic book submissions have always worked as well. 

As they say, hindsight is 20/20.  My order arrived April 19th and has been sitting there for two months, their backlog work through date is April 5th which it has been stuck on for weeks.  Looking at 2+ months just to get checked in plus grading time.  Had I realized would have waited until things "get back to normal," if that will ever happen.  I do "get it," with increased demand, desire for graded cards going through the roof.  Its just disappointing to see market forces obliterate these services.  They certainly will adjust overtime but that time may be months to a year or two.  Good luck! 

Reading everyone's submission comments I wanted to share my last two submissions.

-

Mailed April 12th (64 cards bulk; 1 card economy)

Delivered April 13th (I live in Sarasota so the mail is quick to reach CSG)

Marked Received on my Submissions Page June 23rd (I did not mark the box there was an Economy submission in it)

-

Mailed April 26th (60 bulk; 1 express)

Delivered April 28th

Marked Received on my Submissions Page May 7th (I marked box EX due to the express card)

Express Card Received Back By Me on May 21st

-

So the submission that had my one express card took 7 business days from delivery at CSG to being marked Received, and then another 10 business days to be graded and back to me.  

-

It will be interesting to see if the Bulk submission that was marked received on May 7th (due to my Express card) will come back sooner than the Bulk submissions that were just marked as Received June 23rd, but were actually delivered two weeks prior.  

-

All in all, though, I am very pleased with CSG's turnaround times and am not complaining one bit.  But, most, if not all, of these cards are going to stay in my PC so time is not of the essence in my getting them back.  I can certainly understand those who are trying to flip and need that quick turnaround for your ROI, though.  :)

Edited by TheRealKyleMcC

On 8/29/2021 at 2:56 PM, Webster3pup said:

Seems like forever that they have said they are opening packages from May 3rd.  Any idea what's going on?

I may be mistaken, but sometime that first or second week of May the prices went up. Anything delivered by the deadline got the old pricing. As expected, they probably got crushed by submissions.

Ah, interesting.  But that would mean they got an insane amount of submissions.  I don't mind the long waits really but I get nervous when they don't acknowledge receipt of my package.  I'd feel better if they simply logged the package as received to give me piece of mind.

Turn around times are simple , my experence with csg is CSG doesnt give a sh@t what the turn around time was when your cards were subbmitted to them , I sent in bulk subs when turn around time were like 60-90 days and only have 1 back out of 4 with 3 just sitting there ,  but I learned they will ONLY honnor current turn around time so the "time" starts when they get them and they put them in a "vault" where they sit till they feel like getting to them , you will get nothing but the run around from CS as they read scripts and plenty of paste and copy emails .