FAKE CSG on EBAY
1 1

13 posts in this topic

This is not necessarily fake. This is a major flaw in CSG system that I also just experienced. I put in a question on ask CSG so hopefully they will answer it. I just got back a partial order on my bulk submission. I tested out the QR thing because I saw this post. None of my cards are listed. I think its because they don't close it out until the entire order is returned, but its definitely going to impact people trying to sell or trade their cards. Fortunately, mine are for my personal collection, but I was thinking of trading a couple at an upcoming show (or trying to). At any rate, I think this is a systemic issue that needs to be addressed. 

And here are some of the cards I got back. Other than this verification issue, I'm very happy. I think the cards look great in the slabs and the grading is fair. 

CSG cards.JPG

Edited by Mark Schlosberg

On 6/23/2021 at 6:02 AM, Kon_Jelly said:

This came up on the Blowout forums too - it looks legit and everyone there agreed. 

Did people also agree that it deserved a 9?  I guess if edges are the only thing wrong and everything else is mint then it could be 9.  This at least makes me more optimistic about the 90s NBA cards I submitted

Black cards on white stock are especially tough on edges. Look at any of the 1962 football stuff and this Clemens would be a dream come true on any of those. If it's smooth like that right edge, or uniform like the bottom, then it's generally considered pretty clean. A lot of it really comes down to which side the photo is taken from, but let's say this was a white card, would those edges bother you? Most of this looks really silky except that bottom right corner on the bottom edge. 

Still, look at the back and you can see how solid those corners are. I'm usually all for a tough grade, but really think you'd be arguing 8.5 vs. 9 here?

Here's a PSA 8, I'd take the 9 linked above over this pretty clearly. Here's a PSA 10, which is cleaner, but still has some variance in the edges, and you can check it out in super high-res with PWCC's links. Every bit of the edge is super obvious because of the white stock and black printing. 

Anyway, not saying right or wrong, just find this stuff interesting, especially when I get to hear other's opinions. :)

I highly doubt anybody is faking CSG slabs at this point. I think they have had some delays on the input/update process on the look-up part of site. I had all of one bulk not showing but then it all updated once the remaining portion of it shipped (5 cards out of 50 that needed inner sleeves). 

16 minutes ago, ChrisOlds said:

I highly doubt anybody is faking CSG slabs at this point. I think they have had some delays on the input/update process on the look-up part of site. I had all of one bulk not showing but then it all updated once the remaining portion of it shipped (5 cards out of 50 that needed inner sleeves). 

ughh with those inner sleeves. the slabs look amazing without them, Im dreading seeing those in my bulks.

18 hours ago, ChrisOlds said:

it was on four under-sized cards. I'd rather have sleeves than have a topps mini card bounce around in the case. 

You damn right! haha, I have a topps rip mini bichette there. Like you said though, I don't want any card bouncing around in any slab, pet peeve of mine. I love the clean look you get without the sleeve, thats all.

Guys I see nothing wrong with this listing here is what comes up on csg’s search. I think the answers above were correct stating there may have been more to that order waiting to be shipped.

56F6C592-FB49-4D80-812A-092A301C7574.png