• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bait n Switch

18 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, johnl702 said:

How are they doing a bait and switch?

the bait was them saying hey sub a bulk with us and the turn around time was x amount of days ( that was a lie ) should of got them back based on the turn around times when i sent them in a month ago  , the switch was them pushing back my orders they have due to all the bulk they have got in since feb and the lies of needing thicker slabs 

Edited by Rob420

2 hours ago, Rob420 said:

the bait was them saying hey sub a bulk with us and the turn around time was x amount of days ( that was a lie ) should of got them back based on the turn around times when i sent them in a month ago  , the switch was them pushing back my orders they have due to all the bulk they have got in since feb and the lies of needing thicker slabs 

Bait and switch is the old car sales tactic. Get them in for a cheap model, say its sold and up sell the customer. I think your definition is off. Maybe you shouldn't be a little b**** and stop whining.

Edited by johnl702
Wrong

2 minutes ago, johnl702 said:

Bait and switch is the old car sales tactic. Get them in for a cheap model, say its sold and up sell the customer. I think your definition is off. Maybe you shouldn't be a little person_without_enough_empathy and stop whining.

That's a generic phrase for multiple situations in which what's advertised isn't what's available or received. Doesn't apply to just cars.

19 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

That's a generic phrase for multiple situations in which what's advertised isn't what's available or received. Doesn't apply to just cars.

I know, he doesn't.  This isn't bait and switch. That implies they knowingly did this. CSG is swamped and has poor management. I highly doubt this is the outcome they wanted.

6 minutes ago, johnl702 said:

I know, he doesn't.  This isn't bait and switch. That implies they knowingly did this. CSG is swamped and has poor management. I highly doubt this is the outcome they wanted.

I get where he's coming from though with sending in something on an 80 day turnaround that becomes 199 so I don't blame him for feeling "baited". I would've never submitted at the time if I knew it was as bad as it was.

While reading that article I linked the CCG president said he didn't think the backlog was unmanageable, even though they were over a month behind on opening submissions at that point. The principle of the matter gets me irate as much or more than the actual time.

11 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I get where he's coming from though with sending in something on an 80 day turnaround that becomes 199 so I don't blame him for feeling "baited". I would've never submitted at the time if I knew it was as bad as it was.

While reading that article I linked the CCG president said he didn't think the backlog was unmanageable, even though they were over a month behind on opening submissions at that point. The principle of the matter gets me irate as much or more than the actual time.

I wouldn't have sent in either. They should have waited to have the infrastructure in place to handle this. 

3 hours ago, johnl702 said:

Bait and switch is the old car sales tactic. Get them in for a cheap model, say its sold and up sell the customer. I think your definition is off. Maybe you shouldn't be a little b**** and stop whining.

yawn

Edited by Rob420

2 hours ago, johnl702 said:

I wouldn't have sent in either. They should have waited to have the infrastructure in place to handle this. 

i mean how many months can cards sit in grading/qc before they go to the next stage and when you contact them i get the same paste and copy or -script they use .

46 minutes ago, Rob420 said:

i mean how many months can cards sit in grading/qc before they go to the next stage and when you contact them i get the same paste and copy or --script they use .

My PSA order is sitting there since 10/26/20 in research and id. They all suck except sgc right now. Blame the base card flippers for clogging the system with 300 Tatis Jr cards for their small orders. If you're one of the flippers I feel bad for you. You're going to lose a lot of money.

I think the bait and switch question centers on the question of "If the stated turnaround time was 80 days when you sent your order in (really, when the order arrived at CSG), and then a week later the turnaround time went to 199 days... is the submitters turnaround time now changed to 199, or is that 199 only for orders received as of the 199 change?"

I believe that the answer is supposedly the former.  In that case, no bait and switch.  If the answer is the latter, then yes, it is a bait and switch.

On 6/17/2021 at 8:39 AM, RKgant said:

I think the bait and switch question centers on the question of "If the stated turnaround time was 80 days when you sent your order in (really, when the order arrived at CSG), and then a week later the turnaround time went to 199 days... is the submitters turnaround time now changed to 199, or is that 199 only for orders received as of the 199 change?"

I believe that the answer is supposedly the former.  In that case, no bait and switch.  If the answer is the latter, then yes, it is a bait and switch.

It's the bold one. I had a TCG sub through CGC when it was 30 day turnaround. Took 85 days to complete. With bulk being the slowest tier it will come almost to a full stop if they have a lot of standard, EX/WK orders coming in. It may not be the full 199 days but it will probably be pretty damn close.

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat