• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

47 of 53 cards deemed in need of "thicker cases"

5 posts in this topic

I thought this may be of interest to you guys...

First off, I still think the customer service reps are the best part of CSG right now. I spoke with a manager today and she was extremely pleasant, which I appreciate.

My cards have been in the dreaded "thicker cases needed" situation for  two months or so. Yesterday, I received an email saying a partial shipment was on the way.... I assumed I'd get 30, maybe 40 of my 53 cards back. Instead I'm getting... six.

Six cards.

For reference, I literally sent in 25 different years/brands/sports... with almost every card coming from the junk wax era (I sent these in for Personal Collection reasons and to assess CSG's grading standards so don't shame me lol)....

Topps. Fleer. Donruss. Upper Deck. Bowman. Pinnacle. Hoops. Skybox. Pro Set. Score.

14 cards alone were standard base Topps cards from the 87-91 era.... again, they were for me personally because I love them.

And I'm getting 6 cards back.

To me, this means all bets are off for figuring out which cards need thicker cases and which ones don't. I am also convinced that Quality Checks on the cases weren't done... because I'd love to get Andy Broome and Westin Reeves answer why they joined up with a company and launched it but couldn't even encapsulate the most basic of sports cards in their cases?

It simply doesn't add up. 

To add more frustration, I had sent in a few other boxes (300 cards in total) that have yet to be opened up... and I was told they cannot be sent back. I cannot even pay for the shipping for them to be sent back because I do not want them graded anymore. Because if they can only encapsulate 6 of my 53 cards now, how am I supposed to have faith they can grade 300 more?

I love CGC, and was really hoping for more from CSG, but I just don't know where to go from here. No one from the company is getting out and handling our issues, talking about what's happening from a real transparent POV... and yet, every person I've talked to says they are overwhelmed with cards... yet they keep taking orders.

Frustrated and giving up. How can you not be able to encapsulate the most basic of cards? Anyone have any more insight?

I'm a very patient man but I don't enjoy not being told the truth, and I'm not sure I am being told that right now. 

Sigh.

Unfortunately, the reality is that first impressions can tell you a whole lot about a company and my first impression of CSG (like most others) is not good. What kills me is the fact that they do not even care. I love the look of the slabs, but if you can't get your cards put into them, what else good can they do?

33 minutes ago, theeddiefastrack said:

No one from the company is getting out and handling our issues, talking about what's happening from a real transparent POV... and yet, every person I've talked to says they are overwhelmed with cards... yet they keep taking orders.

Frustrated and giving up. How can you not be able to encapsulate the most basic of cards? Anyone have any more insight?

I'm a very patient man but I don't enjoy not being told the truth, and I'm not sure I am being told that right now. 

Sigh.

THIS THIS THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^

Feels like getting bamboozled to the umpteenth degree.

Have to say I spent some time on the phone with one of the CS managers today as well. Their CS is a God send considering how ramped up this situation has gotten me. I 1000% agree with you on that front.

I was in the same boat, called early last week before my package was opened and asked that a shipping label be slapped on it and to be billed. Obviously didn't happen, but that can't possibly be more work than opening the order. So it confuses me why they won't. I get not hunting it down, but why not flag it to be returned when it finally surfaces instead of opening it?

That's absurd. How quickly did your 6 cards actually ship once they were completed? Their whole process is so confusing and needs to be more transparent. I was told by customer service on 6/11 that my 50 card submission had been graded and my order was "in queue for shipping." On 6/14, I received the old "thick holder required" e-mail but that part of my submission had been completed and the completed cards would be shipped back to me. No clue how many cards are actually coming back to me out of the 50, but I sent in regular thickness cards like you did to try them out. I am more puzzled about how long it takes them to actually ship submissions back once they're graded? 5 days just sitting there waiting to be shipped? Seems like all aspects of their process are screwed up...