• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Return shipment issue
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone have experience with USPS Registered Mail?  That is what my submission was mailed back as, but for some reason my package was forwarded somewhere in a different town than mine.  I understand this is a USPS issue and maybe not CSG, but I was wondering if anyone has come across a similar issue and how to fix.  I should note I have been trying to contact my local post office but have had no luck so far.

On 6/9/2021 at 7:29 AM, nbuff52 said:

Does anyone have experience with USPS Registered Mail?  That is what my submission was mailed back as, but for some reason my package was forwarded somewhere in a different town than mine.  I understand this is a USPS issue and maybe not CSG, but I was wondering if anyone has come across a similar issue and how to fix.  I should note I have been trying to contact my local post office but have had no luck so far.

SO you admit you know this is a USPS issue but are still looking for help here? I guess I'm confused what you are seeking then. 

It's an issue with the Post Office. Just keep calling them. 

1 hour ago, ne1seenmykeys said:

SO you admit you know this is a USPS issue but are still looking for help here? I guess I'm confused what you are seeking then. 

It's an issue with the Post Office. Just keep calling them. 

Thanks for your thoughtful response. I was simply reaching out to those on the boards who may have had a similar issue in the past either with or without CSG. Not that you care, but since you’re here, the cards arrived after randomly bouncing back and forth between 2 post offices in different towns. 

1 hour ago, nbuff52 said:

Thanks for your thoughtful response. I was simply reaching out to those on the boards who may have had a similar issue in the past either with or without CSG. Not that you care, but since you’re here, the cards arrived after randomly bouncing back and forth between 2 post offices in different towns. 

Registered mail has control logs and goes human-to-human. It's possible the package had to go back to a PO so the control log could be signed by anyone who touched the registered mail. It's also possible the one PO didn't have a secure safe so it was forwarded to the other PO.

On 6/10/2021 at 4:28 PM, Steven M Volden said:

Registered mail has control logs and goes human-to-human. It's possible the package had to go back to a PO so the control log could be signed by anyone who touched the registered mail. It's also possible the one PO didn't have a secure safe so it was forwarded to the other PO.

There are several choices to make here....if you have a high value card and want to have less concern it disappears on the way to you, go the USPS Registered Route.   My package was sent Priority Registered on 6/13 and appears it will finally arrive today 6/29 in the Worcester MA area.   One has to disassociate the thought that the Registered package will arrive on any sort of a priority basis.    Track it, and if need be request online for support if it sits in any particular office for any length of time.   I did after not seeing anything update for six days after scanning through the Atlanta regional USPS office.     It seemed to generate a push and the updates resumed after my request to have someone look into it.    Already got an e-mail with an apology from the USPS for the delay, we'll see how it arrives.   Maybe others can share their method of getting their packages back faster via other means, but with the value of the cards sent (and the time it took to get graded) I'm more likely to stay with USPS.   Maybe Fedex? 

25 minutes ago, Stormysweather said:

There are several choices to make here....if you have a high value card and want to have less concern it disappears on the way to you, go the USPS Registered Route.   My package was sent Priority Registered on 6/13 and appears it will finally arrive today 6/29 in the Worcester MA area.   One has to disassociate the thought that the Registered package will arrive on any sort of a priority basis.    Track it, and if need be request online for support if it sits in any particular office for any length of time.   I did after not seeing anything update for six days after scanning through the Atlanta regional USPS office.     It seemed to generate a push and the updates resumed after my request to have someone look into it.    Already got an e-mail with an apology from the USPS for the delay, we'll see how it arrives.   Maybe others can share their method of getting their packages back faster via other means, but with the value of the cards sent (and the time it took to get graded) I'm more likely to stay with USPS.   Maybe Fedex? 

I don't believe FedEx is insured unless you do the shipping through your own account at checkout. I personally prefer them or UPS though. USPS still hasn't recovered from delays last year.

22 hours ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I don't believe FedEx is insured unless you do the shipping through your own account at checkout. I personally prefer them or UPS though. USPS still hasn't recovered from delays last year.

Update:   My cards did arrive yesterday in good shape.   I can only imagine how long it would take if not sent priority.  I may look into getting my own FedEx account so thank you for that info.