• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VERY stupid thing that might be holding up your order

28 posts in this topic

I joined in march with the submission credits. I have been waiting and waiting for cards to turn around and got several invoices this morning saying saying I owed a bunch of money. Called the accounting department, and it seems that the credit was not applied, so that my order had been on hold all this time. I told person on phone that this was a ridiculous system and she told me it was a very good system. Great. So transferred to customer service who confirmed that was the hold up and when I went though this complaint, he told me that he had heard the same complaint from many other people and had forwarded it to management, who (evidently) have not done anything about it. 

Here is the kicker: this is the same way they do it with all their departments, e.g., comic books. So, this same idiotic problem runs through the entire problem. You think maybe they'd want to fix this? My experience with CSG so far has been a 0/10. I'm dreading to see what the grades on my cards are at this point. 

On 6/8/2021 at 9:08 AM, Philip Golden said:

I joined in march with the submission credits. I have been waiting and waiting for cards to turn around and got several invoices this morning saying saying I owed a bunch of money. Called the accounting department, and it seems that the credit was not applied, so that my order had been on hold all this time. I told person on phone that this was a ridiculous system and she told me it was a very good system. Great. So transferred to customer service who confirmed that was the hold up and when I went though this complaint, he told me that he had heard the same complaint from many other people and had forwarded it to management, who (evidently) have not done anything about it. 

Here is the kicker: this is the same way they do it with all their departments, e.g., comic books. So, this same idiotic problem runs through the entire problem. You think maybe they'd want to fix this? My experience with CSG so far has been a 0/10. I'm dreading to see what the grades on my cards are at this point. 

Bro I don't even know what you are trying to say here. There is not enough info to go on and I've read your post about 4x now and I have no clue what the problem even is. 

My guess is that CSG did not use the membership credit on his invoices and was holding up his order until he paid. 

FYI, I sent in several orders which I was charged to my CC and CSG did not apply my $150 credit either.

I concur,  I kept getting invoices emailed to me, but didn't really know why, thought it was just part of their process. I listed my credit card info to be charged on the 

submission for just like every other grading company.  After the 3rd invoice I called cust serv to find out why I keep getting emailed an invoice??  I was told 

the credit card info doesnt transfer over in their system so I needed to give her my credit card info.  That information would be helpful in the email.  So I wasted 3+ weeks 

thinking it was just "part of their process"   She said the cards were already graded and would now go to the "slabbing room". That was roughly 3 weeks ago.  My status is still "scheduled for grading"  So if you get an invoice and you think

you already gave your CC info,  you best call. 

Yeah... same story as oakesy. I even reached out to them and told them that the email they keep sending should clearly indicate that I need to call them up. And also the person on the phone told me they were already graded, yet it took 3-4 weeks after that for the cards to be listed "grading/quality control".

seems they are even slower at updating there system then they are grading , just add it to the list of issues the company has currently . wonder how the "thicker" slabs are coming along lol be glad they arent holding your cards hostage waiting on "thicker" slabs 

11 minutes ago, Rob420 said:

seems they are even slower at updating there system then they are grading , just add it to the list of issues the company has currently . wonder how the "thicker" slabs are coming along lol be glad they arent holding your cards hostage waiting on "thicker" slabs 

At this point I'd be willing to pay just about anything to get my stuff away from this company as fast possible.

It's just been one thing after another, and I've been submitting stuff since last Dec. Some of it was okay in the beginning but it's turned into an absolute nightmare.

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

let get it together Csg , psa is gonna be hopefully back to taking orders soon and csg is going to lose a lot of business based on that , only good thing will be is turn around time should go down . Sgc is the only comapny getting cards back in a week to two and hold the same value as csg . Yes csg is cheap and cheap isnt always good as we have seen with turn around times and price increse with in a month or 2 from launch . Stop with the bs excuse and give customers the service they pay for . If you cant then stop taking in submissions untill your caught up . Try ordering 100 times the amount of "thicker " slabs so you dont hold cards hostage till you get them . Bulk isnt the way to go with turn around times crazy , if you subbed a card today you wont see it again till feb or march or even april next year and thats a spit in the face of the customer .

4 minutes ago, Rob420 said:

let get it together Csg , psa is gonna be hopefully back to taking orders soon and csg is going to lose a lot of business based on that , only good thing will be is turn around time should go down . Sgc is the only comapny getting cards back in a week to two and hold the same value as csg . Yes csg is cheap and cheap isnt always good as we have seen with turn around times and price increse with in a month or 2 from launch . Stop with the bs excuse and give customers the service they pay for . If you cant then stop taking in submissions untill your caught up . Try ordering 100 times the amount of "thicker " slabs so you dont hold cards hostage till you get them . Bulk isnt the way to go with turn around times crazy , if you subbed a card today you wont see it again till feb or march or even april next year and thats a spit in the face of the customer .

I will never use CSG again after I get these things back some day. 

I received an invoice this week for cards submitted in April on the 30 day turn around, I don't think they have charged my account so I emailed the AR department as instructed but that email was returned stating that this email address doesn't accept emails from outside the organization.

Except for SGC who has turnaround time less than 2 weeks. PSA, BGS and CSG all have turnaround time between 8-12 months for the bulk tier.  Its the current state of the grading industry.

I have accepted the fact I will probably not see my cards until next year.  

12 minutes ago, robotur said:

Except for SGC who has turnaround time less than 2 weeks. PSA, BGS and CSG all have turnaround time between 8-12 months for the bulk tier.  Its the current state of the grading industry.

I have accepted the fact I will probably not see my cards until next year.  

same but i dont mind using Sgc at all , I subbed cards to them on the 5th of this month and i have them back already and happy with the results 

SGC was smart for doing what they did. Tactically, it was an excellent move to counter CSG entering the market. CSG's inaction to the influx of subs has now left them stagnant. The only bulk subs they'll be getting now are bottom of the barrel ones that consumers submit because they are the cheapest option available. Their inaction has now made them the go-to grading company for low-end cards! 👌 ...And I actually want CSG to become a major player, and they still might. But when everything settles, and PSA and CSG have the same turn-around times, which company do they think consumers/dealers/investors are going to choose? CSG may have accidently created their niche... low-end cards.

7 hours ago, C. Yeager said:

SGC was smart for doing what they did. Tactically, it was an excellent move to counter CSG entering the market. CSG's inaction to the influx of subs has now left them stagnant. The only bulk subs they'll be getting now are bottom of the barrel ones that consumers submit because they are the cheapest option available. Their inaction has now made them the go-to grading company for low-end cards! 👌 ...And I actually want CSG to become a major player, and they still might. But when everything settles, and PSA and CSG have the same turn-around times, which company do they think consumers/dealers/investors are going to choose? CSG may have accidently created their niche... low-end cards.

Not only bulk but standard as well. I was thinking the exact same thing a few days ago. Once these other companies are rolling again I don't see CCG doing much. The biggest reason for using this company was speed. Lowest returns, and long wait? No thanks.

35 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Not only bulk but standard as well. I was thinking the exact same thing a few days ago. Once these other companies are rolling again I don't see CCG doing much. The biggest reason for using this company was speed. Lowest returns, and long wait? No thanks.

couldnt agree more , Csg could be a main player but they are dropping the ball on so many levels with the bs they been saying since march about thicker slabsand not updating the system as things move through it and with the turn arund times , yes they are cheaper but once you add all the extras like 2 bucks for a auto grade and or 10 bucks more to have subs added to the label thats what 24 to 26 bucks for bulk lol no thanks its something they already do when they grade a card but want to up charge , its not worth it with that wait , for all that ill wait till psa opens back up sub with them and get a hugher return on my card or use sgc to get them back in a great time frame. And if you notice you wont see admins commenting on these threads cause what people are say is right and csg knows it .

Edited by Rob420

13 minutes ago, Rob420 said:

couldnt agree more , Csg could be a main player but they are dropping the ball on so many levels with the bs they been saying since march about thicker slabsand not updating the system as things move through it and with the turn arund times , yes they are cheaper but once you add all the extras like 2 bucks for a auto grade and or 10 bucks more to have subs added to the label thats what 24 to 26 bucks for bulk lol no thanks its something they already do when they grade a card but want to up charge , its not worth it with that wait , for all that ill wait till psa opens back up sub with them and get a hugher return on my card or use sgc to get them back in a great time frame. And if you notice you wont see admins commenting on these threads cause what people are say is right and csg knows it .

I just want my cards back. This isn't what I signed up for after they've pushed times back 2-3x. Can't have my merchandise I need to sell held hostage. Also, low turnaround time was the only reason I used them to begin with 😂. If I hadn't got the bait and switch on that I would've never used this company.

34 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I just want my cards back. This isn't what I signed up for after they've pushed times back 2-3x. Can't have my merchandise I need to sell held hostage. Also, low turnaround time was the only reason I used them to begin with 😂. If I hadn't got the bait and switch on that I would've never used this company.

same here 

1 hour ago, Philip Golden said:

yep. i hope the people at the company are actually watching these boards. I am on biz day 57 on my standard submission. site says 47 biz day turnaround. not. 

I seriously doubt the people that make the decisions are. I think you have some managers, maybe even director level people that do but I doubt anyone that's has the final say on this mess. Even then, I feel like by how political the responses are that they're muzzled by the people above them.