• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SGC turn around time is about 2 weeks at $30 level now.

37 posts in this topic

$30 is their cheapest level now and they are quoting 20-25 days and average from people on other forums is around 2 weeks now.  This feels like a missed opportunity for CSG. They probably should have come in with higher prices if they didn't have the resources to handle the high volume.

11 hours ago, CardHero said:

Yeah, I had a $30 SGC submission that was delivered by USPS on May 27th and was graded and shipped back on June 2nd...six days later.  Should have it in hand Monday.  Feels really good to get a card back quick without paying a fortune.

Same, first day they dropped prices I subbed 3 cards. Back in hand in 4 days. It was wild.

7 hours ago, IceHole said:

My Standard submission of 7 cards...

Mailed 4/28

Delivered 4/29

That's it...hasn't even been marked as received.  The wait game is real.

Is that for SGC or CSG?  My CSG sub was delivered 4/12 and not entered yet

Outside of PSA, BGS and CSG the other groups dont really appeal to me. Its just my personal choice, the black tuxedo slab I just cant find appealing. Maybe for older vintage cards or topps card, white cards that may look good in the slab but I have a black refractior RC in SGC and not really digging it. Not really a fan of HGA slabs.

31 minutes ago, jdmtdcollector said:

Outside of PSA, BGS and CSG the other groups dont really appeal to me. Its just my personal choice, the black tuxedo slab I just cant find appealing. Maybe for older vintage cards or topps card, white cards that may look good in the slab but I have a black refractior RC in SGC and not really digging it. Not really a fan of HGA slabs.

Yeah, visual appeal is definitely personal preference.  I don't particularly like PSA, BGS or SGC slabs.  I really like the look of some HGA but there is nothing else that impresses me about them.  I really like the look of CSG slabs.  I think CSG labels need some improvement.  I like the layout with sub grades but witthout subs the labels have too much empty space.  I think they could also change color and logos but that gets into their brand identity so that's another discussion.  I am very confident in CSG's actual grading so far and I think they will rise in value eventually.  My biggest concern for value/ROI etc is that pop report seems like it's becoming more and more important to collectors and investors and I think that gets confusing with so many companies now and some that don't even keep a report

Unfortunately, you won't see a pop report from CSG for quite some time. If you ask, all they'll tell you is that yes they are going to have one and they will let you know when it is available. The simple fact is that they really haven't graded many cards at all. With the current shortage of the mysterious larger slabs, they are not able to finalize and return people's orders. They do not want to publish a pop report with nothing on it. That would just be one more reason for others to turn away from them. That's not saying they don't have the inventory to create one. Lord knows, they probably have a million cards sitting in their warehouse, but until they can complete orders and get them back to people while reducing the turnaround times, pop reports and registries should be the last thing (and probably is) on their minds.

2 hours ago, tmoore_25 said:

Unfortunately, you won't see a pop report from CSG for quite some time. If you ask, all they'll tell you is that yes they are going to have one and they will let you know when it is available. The simple fact is that they really haven't graded many cards at all. With the current shortage of the mysterious larger slabs, they are not able to finalize and return people's orders. They do not want to publish a pop report with nothing on it. That would just be one more reason for others to turn away from them. That's not saying they don't have the inventory to create one. Lord knows, they probably have a million cards sitting in their warehouse, but until they can complete orders and get them back to people while reducing the turnaround times, pop reports and registries should be the last thing (and probably is) on their minds.

I disagree with this. I don’t think it has anything to do with lack of graded cards. CGC customers (magic and Pokémon) have been waiting months for a report. You can’t tell me there is not an extensive catalog of graded items for those products. There is such a large backlog right now that it is not their priority. They prob have their devs sorting packages at the moment. I can’t wait to see a pop report but like the larger slabs, it will be coming “soon.”

Agree. I sent in 2 express and 1 Standard received 6/25. The economy, still showing 54 days, was pending grading 7/8 and skipped to encapsulating/imaging 7/9. Meanwhile my express still show in the grading phase. 
I just hope they’re all finished together and returned next week!

I'm about to $30 them to death 😂

On 6/5/2021 at 2:16 PM, nickdrizzle said:

I hate the look of their slabs, otherwise I would prob give them a shot 

agreed, I sub with them and have the utmost respect for their grading practice but cannot get past the mundane labels

Yeah definitely worth it, Im sending some to SGC next week, never sending cards here again, I had a walkthrough package that was received 6/25 and still to this day hasn't been shipped, supposed to be 5 day turnaround and its been almost 3 weeks, waisted money on walkthrough for nothing

I'm not a huge SGC fan either. The newer slabs are growing on me a little though. I absolutely hated the older slabs with the green label. With certain cards, the new style looks pretty sharp. I did submit some cards this week (thicker cards, patch autos, etc) through a group sub for $26 per card. I'll see how it goes and I might use them for thicker cards all of the time. With CSG it is $12 for bulk, $2 for the auto, $5 for the thicker case. Even after the 10% discount that makes it $17.10 per card with a 150 day wait. The same card at SGC is $26 with a 15-20 days with through the group. It was worth the extra $9 to not wait. But, when it comes to standard size cards I will definitely stick with CSG for $10.80 per card. Hard to pass up.

1 hour ago, MountainG said:

SGC slab seems like the cheapest of the cheap chinese doodoo. One size fits all with the "tuxedo" to hold it in place. No thank you.

By far the easiest slab to crack. And the 9.5 (Mint+) on their grading scale is totally a cover for Gem Mint population control.

SGC has definitely slowed a bit.  I got a 6 card sub that was received on 7/14 and is still in the received stage.  Still much faster than the competition, but not as fast as they were about 2 weeks ago.

Edited by nbuff52