• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SGC turn around time is about 2 weeks at $30 level now.

37 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, nbuff52 said:

SGC has definitely slowed a bit.  I got a 6 card sub that was received on 7/14 and is still in the received stage.  Still much faster than the competition, but not as fast as they were about 2 weeks ago.

My first CSG order was delivered by USPS on April 13, scheduled for grading June 23 and hasn't  been updated since.  My second order was delivered May 7 and hasn't been received by CSG yet so it seems like they are slowing down

I got back cards pretty quick. Problem is I think they have inexperienced graders working and sending cards through really quick. I have never complained about card grades from anyone before but im busting these open and sending to CSG. I think in order to rake in business SGC is half assing it bigtime.  Done with them.  

Edited by Fredguy11:11

On 7/24/2021 at 12:06 AM, Fredguy11:11 said:

I got back cards pretty quick. Problem is I think they have inexperienced graders working and sending cards through really quick. I have never complained about card grades from anyone before but im busting these open and sending to CSG. I think in order to rake in business SGC is half assing it bigtime.  Done with them.  

thats funny,  i am cracking my cgc/csg slabs and sending to sgc and psa.   we should change subs and save money.  lol

SGC's card holders are all the same size as long as you are sending in standard sized cards, so if any of them are sliding around it's more than likely you simply had a smaller card in there, but not so small they considered it altered. Same thing with any grading company. 

Edited by ne1seenmykeys
a word

n

On 8/3/2021 at 8:45 AM, jdmtdcollector said:

sent 8 relic cards to them and though happy with the grades, pretty disappointed in that there are so much movement in the cards :-(, did anyone else had this issue with SGC?

Not only will I not grade with them, I won't ever purchase another SGC slab again. check out my video.

19 hours ago, ne1seenmykeys said:

SGC's card holders are all the same size as long as you are sending in standard sized cards, so if any of them are sliding around it's more than likely you simply had a smaller card in there, but not small they considered it altered. Same thing with any grading company. 

I’ve got some from PSA that bounce around in the slab also. I’m guessing csg is the same but we’ll see.

On 11/13/2021 at 12:31 AM, micky 8 said:

me too i wish i didnt! i would definantly go to them ha but i cant help it i hate the tuxedo case 

Couldn't agree more about the SGC case. Not only does the tuxedo worry me in terms of possibly damaging the card, but their slab is, by far, the easiest to crack. 

On 8/4/2021 at 1:50 PM, Warner85 said:

I’ve got some from PSA that bounce around in the slab also. I’m guessing csg is the same but we’ll see.

i got a psa slab today in the mail tatis jr rc, bounces around like crazy not happy being its a short print card,  i got a few csg slabs card is snug n solid, i bought an 87 jordan csg slab when csg first started i been a fan of csg since, the way the card sits in the case, super clear and feels heavier been a fan ever since, the jordan was a csg 7 wit subs I thought it was graded harsh but fair as a buyer I was happy, sharp 87 jordan for cheap in an awsome case, ill take it!! i could crack it n get a psa 8 or maybe 9 but i like it in a csg case for my pc 

On 12/10/2021 at 2:12 PM, jdmtdcollector said:

I made some subs with SGC when turnaround times got bad in CSG and cant get myself to like the slab. I guess its cool for some but I like clearer slabs like BGS, PSA and CSG. The slab also feels very cheap and yes they are very easy to crack.

yep i wouldnt mind gettin my cards back in a week but i cant get around it and I like black they just seem cheap its more like a case and not a slab but thats just my preference dont wanna bash i like that theres graders to choose from they keep prices fair and prevent a monopoly 

I used to send my cards to SGC a long time ago when they were a part of the Collectors Society and I would get coupons for them, CGC and NGC. I liked the quality and display of the slab. Not a fan of how easy it was to crack open though. I built up many sets with them. But when they changed their grading scale, I had to stop grading with them. I want my sets to have a uniform look. I didn't want to my cards to be reslabbed just in case they change their minds again. So CSG is for me.

I don't understand the concern about the slabs being easy to crack.  They're not so easy to crack that they are going to fall apart in your hand, in shipping, or in storage and if the concern is cracking and resealing, that would be easy to detect.  I also don't understand the concern about them "rattling" around in the holder.  The same things happen in PSA slabs. It's not like you're shaking your cards in a pain mixer.  

Personally, I like the SGC slabs.  I also like BGS, PSA and CSG.  I avoid anything outside of these 4.  

Edited by brentpearson

This is just my thoughts based on my experence ......these turn around times are crazy bad , esp when you sent a sub in when times were 60-90 days back in april /may , it doesnt matter what the times are cause your gonna wait longer and csg (from my experence doesnt care either way) . Best bet for turn around is FCG (about 10 days ) and SGC (about 5 weeks) .I like csg slabs a lot and cards look good in the slabs and that crystal clear look is fire but roi sucks and turn around sucks , Psa is king no matter what anyone says followed by bcg and sgc and others ( the market doesnt lie ). Ive always hope csg listens to customers and makes changes based on what they see , cause when i see anyone that has a issue with csg its always the same things and a company like csg you would think would listen to it customers esp being new in the sports card market . Raising prices , crazy turn around times ( always changing ) and charging for auto grades and charging for thicker slabs is crazy but anything for a buck ! CSG has something cooking but has a long way togo to make it in the top 3 if they ever do .