SGC turn around time is about 2 weeks at $30 level now.
1 1

29 posts in this topic

$30 is their cheapest level now and they are quoting 20-25 days and average from people on other forums is around 2 weeks now.  This feels like a missed opportunity for CSG. They probably should have come in with higher prices if they didn't have the resources to handle the high volume.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I had a $30 SGC submission that was delivered by USPS on May 27th and was graded and shipped back on June 2nd...six days later.  Should have it in hand Monday.  Feels really good to get a card back quick without paying a fortune.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, CardHero said:

Yeah, I had a $30 SGC submission that was delivered by USPS on May 27th and was graded and shipped back on June 2nd...six days later.  Should have it in hand Monday.  Feels really good to get a card back quick without paying a fortune.

Same, first day they dropped prices I subbed 3 cards. Back in hand in 4 days. It was wild.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, nickdrizzle said:

I hate the look of their slabs, otherwise I would prob give them a shot 

Really? Some people really love them, some people really hate them. Kind of depends on the card for me. I think silver prizms look great in their slabs other cards its like ehhhhh.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, IceHole said:

My Standard submission of 7 cards...

Mailed 4/28

Delivered 4/29

That's it...hasn't even been marked as received.  The wait game is real.

Is that for SGC or CSG?  My CSG sub was delivered 4/12 and not entered yet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Outside of PSA, BGS and CSG the other groups dont really appeal to me. Its just my personal choice, the black tuxedo slab I just cant find appealing. Maybe for older vintage cards or topps card, white cards that may look good in the slab but I have a black refractior RC in SGC and not really digging it. Not really a fan of HGA slabs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, AshkyBarashky said:

Outside of PSA, BGS and CSG the other groups dont really appeal to me. Its just my personal choice, the black tuxedo slab I just cant find appealing. Maybe for older vintage cards or topps card, white cards that may look good in the slab but I have a black refractior RC in SGC and not really digging it. Not really a fan of HGA slabs.

Yeah, visual appeal is definitely personal preference.  I don't particularly like PSA, BGS or SGC slabs.  I really like the look of some HGA but there is nothing else that impresses me about them.  I really like the look of CSG slabs.  I think CSG labels need some improvement.  I like the layout with sub grades but witthout subs the labels have too much empty space.  I think they could also change color and logos but that gets into their brand identity so that's another discussion.  I am very confident in CSG's actual grading so far and I think they will rise in value eventually.  My biggest concern for value/ROI etc is that pop report seems like it's becoming more and more important to collectors and investors and I think that gets confusing with so many companies now and some that don't even keep a report

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, you won't see a pop report from CSG for quite some time. If you ask, all they'll tell you is that yes they are going to have one and they will let you know when it is available. The simple fact is that they really haven't graded many cards at all. With the current shortage of the mysterious larger slabs, they are not able to finalize and return people's orders. They do not want to publish a pop report with nothing on it. That would just be one more reason for others to turn away from them. That's not saying they don't have the inventory to create one. Lord knows, they probably have a million cards sitting in their warehouse, but until they can complete orders and get them back to people while reducing the turnaround times, pop reports and registries should be the last thing (and probably is) on their minds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tmoore_25 said:

Unfortunately, you won't see a pop report from CSG for quite some time. If you ask, all they'll tell you is that yes they are going to have one and they will let you know when it is available. The simple fact is that they really haven't graded many cards at all. With the current shortage of the mysterious larger slabs, they are not able to finalize and return people's orders. They do not want to publish a pop report with nothing on it. That would just be one more reason for others to turn away from them. That's not saying they don't have the inventory to create one. Lord knows, they probably have a million cards sitting in their warehouse, but until they can complete orders and get them back to people while reducing the turnaround times, pop reports and registries should be the last thing (and probably is) on their minds.

I disagree with this. I don’t think it has anything to do with lack of graded cards. CGC customers (magic and Pokémon) have been waiting months for a report. You can’t tell me there is not an extensive catalog of graded items for those products. There is such a large backlog right now that it is not their priority. They prob have their devs sorting packages at the moment. I can’t wait to see a pop report but like the larger slabs, it will be coming “soon.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agree. I sent in 2 express and 1 Standard received 6/25. The economy, still showing 54 days, was pending grading 7/8 and skipped to encapsulating/imaging 7/9. Meanwhile my express still show in the grading phase. 
I just hope they’re all finished together and returned next week!

I'm about to $30 them to death 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/5/2021 at 2:16 PM, nickdrizzle said:

I hate the look of their slabs, otherwise I would prob give them a shot 

agreed, I sub with them and have the utmost respect for their grading practice but cannot get past the mundane labels

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah definitely worth it, Im sending some to SGC next week, never sending cards here again, I had a walkthrough package that was received 6/25 and still to this day hasn't been shipped, supposed to be 5 day turnaround and its been almost 3 weeks, waisted money on walkthrough for nothing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not a huge SGC fan either. The newer slabs are growing on me a little though. I absolutely hated the older slabs with the green label. With certain cards, the new style looks pretty sharp. I did submit some cards this week (thicker cards, patch autos, etc) through a group sub for $26 per card. I'll see how it goes and I might use them for thicker cards all of the time. With CSG it is $12 for bulk, $2 for the auto, $5 for the thicker case. Even after the 10% discount that makes it $17.10 per card with a 150 day wait. The same card at SGC is $26 with a 15-20 days with through the group. It was worth the extra $9 to not wait. But, when it comes to standard size cards I will definitely stick with CSG for $10.80 per card. Hard to pass up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MountainG said:

SGC slab seems like the cheapest of the cheap chinese doodoo. One size fits all with the "tuxedo" to hold it in place. No thank you.

By far the easiest slab to crack. And the 9.5 (Mint+) on their grading scale is totally a cover for Gem Mint population control.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SGC has definitely slowed a bit.  I got a 6 card sub that was received on 7/14 and is still in the received stage.  Still much faster than the competition, but not as fast as they were about 2 weeks ago.

Edited by nbuff52
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, nbuff52 said:

SGC has definitely slowed a bit.  I got a 6 card sub that was received on 7/14 and is still in the received stage.  Still much faster than the competition, but not as fast as they were about 2 weeks ago.

My first CSG order was delivered by USPS on April 13, scheduled for grading June 23 and hasn't  been updated since.  My second order was delivered May 7 and hasn't been received by CSG yet so it seems like they are slowing down

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got back cards pretty quick. Problem is I think they have inexperienced graders working and sending cards through really quick. I have never complained about card grades from anyone before but im busting these open and sending to CSG. I think in order to rake in business SGC is half assing it bigtime.  Done with them.  

Edited by Fredguy11:11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2021 at 12:06 AM, Fredguy11:11 said:

I got back cards pretty quick. Problem is I think they have inexperienced graders working and sending cards through really quick. I have never complained about card grades from anyone before but im busting these open and sending to CSG. I think in order to rake in business SGC is half assing it bigtime.  Done with them.  

thats funny,  i am cracking my cgc/csg slabs and sending to sgc and psa.   we should change subs and save money.  lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1