• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest from CSG On Thick Cases

56 posts in this topic

On 6/6/2021 at 8:40 PM, John Kilian said:

I was told by CSG that the larger holders were expected in the next week or two.

I received my order last week. It was an Express order. The cards were submitted in late March. The wait was concerning but understandable given the state of the market today. I thought that the grading was tougher than my past experiences with PSA and BGS. But I think that it was fair. I believe that CSG will eventually be recognized as the best grading service and that prices will reflect it. It will take time but it will happen.

I sent a small sticker card and
I got the same email as you.
They are lying.

This is the answer to a question I asked about CSG.

1. The card is thick and I will send it to you when the thick holder is ready.
2. Card is as big as mm
3. Can not be sent due to a problem with the sleeve in the slab

What's even funnier is that even though it's the same card, they don't send the economy case
If it was sent by express, it was sent normally

The thick slab problem is a CSG excuse
They are overusing these emails to buy time
I think it's a serious deliberate delay for economy and bulk guns

53 minutes ago, card_moreslow said:

They are lying.

2. Card is as big as mm

What's even funnier is that even though it's the same card, they don't send the economy case

its a lie , i sent in a 2020 elements card (its a metal card ) and is way thicker then a standard and they slabbed it in a normal slab but my optic thats half the thickness is held back for a "thicker" slab.... its a lie 

and you notice csg doesnt reply to the threads ,espically when ppl are talking negitive , i called them before i even sent in a card to make sure they would grade it and after talking to 2 ppl and being on hold for 10 mins they said yes but i got the bait and switch , as they 1 didnt grade it 2 said it wasnt in inventory and sent it back pending so they told me one thing got my money and did the oppsite and on top of that they damaged the top right corner of the card . I even posted the question and CSG has ignored it 

Edited by Rob420

anything for a buck , what a joke of a company . next they gonna charge for 10 bucks for the ink on the lable oh wait they do when you want subgrades . ppl are pissed in groups about the charge as they should be . A slab is a slab and shouldnt matter what size it is . Csg needs to get there sh*t together and stop with the bs and lies and upcharges , deliver the product you said you would without the extra fee's that is nothing but 100%  profit for Csg but then again they showed buy the charge they just want you money ... CGS is a joke , Csg customer service is a joke , the turn around times are a joke and the extra charges are a joke .

On 7/1/2021 at 11:37 AM, card_moreslow said:

They are lying.

2. Card is as big as mm

they are lying 100% i sent in a elements metal tom bardy and was thicker then a optic card and they slabbed the elements it in a normal slab but help my optic card for a "thicker slab" . this comapny has done nothing but lie and upcharge on everything and now they want 5 bucks more for a thicker slab lol what a joke of a company but im sure they new all along they were gonna charge for the thicker slabs and were waiting on them and lying to customers and once they got enough thicker slabs in they make a BS annoucment stating its 5 bucks more for 1 and im sure they gonna charge that 5 bucks for each cards thats been sitting there waiting on thicker slabs for months . Personally i dont believe or trust anything CSG says anymore 

Edited by Rob420

Just in case some of you missed this part.

"Over the past several weeks, submitters may have also noticed slightly thicker holders being used for certain vintage and odd-sized cards that require a custom inner sleeve to be held securely in place. This holder does not qualify as a CSG Thick Holder as it is only slightly thicker than our standard holder. CSG uses it at its sole discretion for no additional fee."