• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest from CSG On Thick Cases

56 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, John Kilian said:

At long last I got  a shipping tracking info for my order that has been delayed apparently because CSG is waiting on thicker slabs.

Hi John

What kind of submission did you have? When did they receive it? Thanks Bud 

On 6/4/2021 at 4:35 PM, Steven Dunhill said:

Hi Guys

just got this email from them so thought I would share:

Dear Valued Customer:

CSG has completed part of your submission and will be shipping these completed cards back to you. The remaining cards will be completed and returned to you when the CSG Thick Holder is ready. CSG will cover the cost of the second shipment for the remaining cards.

The CSG Thick Holder is expected to be ready within the next two months. We apologize for the delay.

I received that email today. Which is odd because the only submission I have at Grading Stage right now doesn't have any thick cards.

1 minute ago, CollectorBB said:

I've moved to "In Process/Partial Ship" status on my bulk order ... no grade updates yet though. (Also not sure where that new stage falls into steps.) 

Same here. It says mine shipped today but I haven’t had a fedex email yet. And no grades being shown

1 hour ago, Steven Dunhill said:

Same here. It says mine shipped today but I haven’t had a fedex email yet. And no grades being shown

Go into my submission status and click on the link for Finalized/Imaged/Shipped, takes you to fedex tracking.

Well now I am really curious as I received a shipment summary email from CSG just now for 46 cards. The original order was for 57 cards though. So apparently 11 of my cards were secretly thick?!

Edited by jsrva

12 minutes ago, jsrva said:

Well now I am really curious as I received a shipment summary email from CSG just now for 46 cards. The original order was for 57 cards though. So apparently 11 of my cards were secretly thick?!

Yep. Some seemingly normal cards were too thick. I have five being held and all I sent was some embossed or what I thought was normal stuff. 

10 minutes ago, CollectorBB said:

Yep. Some seemingly normal cards were too thick. I have five being held and all I sent was some embossed or what I thought was normal stuff. 

I appreciate the info. Will post what the 11 secretly thick cards are when the 46 arrive!

On 6/6/2021 at 11:40 PM, John Kilian said:

I was told by CSG that the larger holders were expected in the next week or two.

I was told this back in late April. They put my cards into grading in mid April. Then after a few weeks I called to check to see what happened, and was told that they were waiting on larger holders, and they should be in in about a week or so. Again, that was in April. Today after a few emails back and forth with customer service we are now being told in the next "few months". It doesn't take FOUR months to get larger plastic card holders. 

10 minutes ago, Roosley said:

I was told this back in late April. They put my cards into grading in mid April. Then after a few weeks I called to check to see what happened, and was told that they were waiting on larger holders, and they should be in in about a week or so. Again, that was in April. Today after a few emails back and forth with customer service we are now being told in the next "few months". It doesn't take FOUR months to get larger plastic card holders. 

I don’t know mate. Everyone is having issues getting stuff from China. It’s a known problem in supply chain management. It sucks to have to wait but I just got most of my submission back so I am happy. Ish. They only owe me one card and it’s for my PC so I can wait. 

On 6/14/2021 at 10:35 PM, Steven Dunhill said:

That isn’t the status so no you can’t do that. 

Check the tracking number on your invoice PDF. It works with FedEx. Mine shows changes to it being in transit but no grades in my order yet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

there's a fairly obvious lesson to be learned here. stop relying on China. bring that manufacturing back to the US. a little investment in tooling and automation will do wonders for your business CSG. and doing it in the US vs China will send a very clear, and very positive, message to your customers.

if your entire business comes to a screeching halt because a country on the other side of the earth can't meet your demand then you need to start considering alternative options for sourcing materials. EVERY grading company is behind right now and EVERY grading company is trying to get containers to ship their slabs from China.

several grading companies are cropping up now. when the dust settles, the grading companies that don't fold will be the ones who got creative and found better ways to service their customers. CSG, please don't be another fly by night slabber... 

FYI: It's also delays for dimensions ... my arrive-later cards were actually undersized and mini cards (like 2012 Topps Mini) and then a 1989 Bowman card. The 1989 Bowman cards have rail at a higher spot, while it looks like undersized either have closer rails or are thicker slab to use an inner sleeve. It looks like in the case of 1989 Bowman they just ran out of them and need more and are waiting.