• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Call them
1 1

7 posts in this topic

So we all know CSG is swamped with orders. My economy order was delivered mid March, entered on 4/23, scheduled for grading status for 2+ weeks, then grading/quality control for over a week. I decided to call to check in on the order. I hit 2 for accounting and just asked how my order was coming along because I hadn’t been charged yet. I was told the order is graded and ready to ship, but they couldn’t ship until I paid. So I gave them my cc number and was told now the order is ready to ship back. I don’t know how long it will be until they actually ship, but at least I know where in the process my cards are. And who knows how long it would have taken for them to send me an email for my cc number. So call them. Be nice. They were great on the phone. They are super busy right now and a lot of things are probably falling through the cracks. Squeaky wheel and all that. 

On 5/29/2021 at 6:42 AM, nbuff52 said:

So we all know CSG is swamped with orders. My economy order was delivered mid March, entered on 4/23, scheduled for grading status for 2+ weeks, then grading/quality control for over a week. I decided to call to check in on the order. I hit 2 for accounting and just asked how my order was coming along because I hadn’t been charged yet. I was told the order is graded and ready to ship, but they couldn’t ship until I paid. So I gave them my cc number and was told now the order is ready to ship back. I don’t know how long it will be until they actually ship, but at least I know where in the process my cards are. And who knows how long it would have taken for them to send me an email for my cc number. So call them. Be nice. They were great on the phone. They are super busy right now and a lot of things are probably falling through the cracks. Squeaky wheel and all that. 

Thank you for this, but expecting the spazzoids on this website freaking out about turnaround times, etc to be nice and remain calm on the phone with people might be a monumental task lol. 

To be fair, your is a unique situation.  The vast majority of us are waiting longer-than-expected because of a scarcity of "thick" slabs that are being applied to express orders.  And nobody has been up-front about it until this week.

2 minutes ago, Tails01 said:

To be fair, your is a unique situation.  The vast majority of us are waiting longer-than-expected because of a scarcity of "thick" slabs that are being applied to express orders.  And nobody has been up-front about it until this week.

Exactly! The majority of us paid in full over 2 months ago and have 100s to 1000s of dollars held up without anything to show for it. I agree that their customer service is really good but “coming soon” doesn’t mean much after hearing it for 12 weeks.  If the higher ups at CSG would just tell everyone what happened and what they know, a lot of people would be a lot more patient….

On 5/29/2021 at 8:42 AM, nbuff52 said:

For what it is worth, I do recommend calling them as well. I "paid" for all my orders when I submitted them. And then randomly, I did get an email from them with an invoice. I was confused because I actually had already gotten back my economy orders. I checked my credit card statement, and in fact they had actually not billed anything to me yet. (Except the CSG membership.) So when I called to check, I said that "I submitted my credit card info with each submission and already received my economy orders back." The accounting lady told me they had some stuff happen with their credit card system and they in fact did send back several orders to people before they even billed them. So I then paid for everything over the phone. I'm still waiting on my only bulk order from 3/10 though, and I paid for it about two weeks ago now. I still think bulk is totally on pause, but it might help a lot for folks with economy and up service levels.

You're right.  I paid for my orders almost two weeks ago and it still is "scheduled for grading".  My credit card was charged at that time and it appears on the statement.  I was really hoping that it meant my cards were about to be shipped back.

Even with the delays, I still believe CSG will be one of the top 3 grading companies soon.  Even Beckett Grading went through growing pains its first two years and they didn't have to deal with PSA shutting off services. CSG had the top two grading companies freeze services.  It was predictable that other grading companies would get swamped.  Fingers crossed!