• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

on myslabs.com 2020 Topps Update Trent Grisham CSG 9.5

9 posts in this topic

2020 Topps Update Trent Grisham CSG 9.5 I'm very concerned about the grading of this card the lower left corner is chewed up pretty badly and the upper right corner is not that great and it got a 9.5???? I almost bought it until i zoomed in on the pic. Bruh...it's a 7 at best. Go check it out and give me your thoughts on this grade. Dont forget to scroll over the pic so it enlarges.

Edited by Greg Christiansen

11 hours ago, Greg Christiansen said:

2020 Topps Update Trent Grisham CSG 9.5 I'm very concerned about the grading of this card the lower left corner is chewed up pretty badly and the upper right corner is not that great and it got a 9.5???? I almost bought it until i zoomed in on the pic. Bruh...it's a 7 at best. Go check it out and give me your thoughts on this grade. Dont forget to scroll over the pic so it enlarges.

Something definitely looks off with that bottom left corner.  Hard to tell on my phone, but looks like something chunked it down there.

4 hours ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Something definitely looks off with that bottom left corner.  Hard to tell on my phone, but looks like something chunked it down there.

Correct. Looks like a rat got to it. I do not understand how this card got a 9.5. I'm going figure out a way to post pics.

CSG you can not be serious right now. You better fire someone, the card is already out there. Three of the 4 corners are toast and 1 of those three bad corners is absolutely tore up. WTF CSG 9.5????????? I almost bought this card and noticed that bottom left corner...WTH. CSG needs to go buy this card and throw it in the trash. ASAP

Edited by Greg Christiansen

2 hours ago, KB! said:

Here's the cert lookup for this card, you have access to high-res scans there:

https://www.csgcards.com/certlookup/1000665011/

The bottom left looks like it has some funny coloring/shading from the photo. Corner doesn't look damaged to me.

Probably this right here. I looked at another Grisham on eBay that looked similar on the bottom left corner where you can see dirt under his shoe and another one where you can't. If anything, Topps is guilty of QC issues on the cut.

2 minutes ago, Steven M Volden said:

Probably this right here. I looked at another Grisham on eBay that looked similar on the bottom left corner where you can see dirt under his shoe and another one where you can't. If anything, Topps is guilty of QC issues on the cut.

After looking at the cert for this card and some others for sale, it's definitely the cut of the card and some shading or coloring. It's slightly off and I think the dirt under his toe is causing distortion. Most of the cards have a wider wedge of dirt in the corner.