• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bulk Orders waiting on Larger Slabs

29 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Ddunn1010 said:

If you have a bulk order and have been told that your cards are in the slab room waiting on the larger slabs please comment in this thread. Trying to get an idea how many people are in this situation. 

Me, I messaged them saying I want my cards back a) ungraded and refunded or b) the one waiting for a holder ungraded and the rest graded but I'm done waiting on these holders 

its a lot of ppl waiting , personally i just think they dont have slabs period and get orders daisy or every few days and slab what next in line till they run out of slabs and wait for the next shipment , again i keep saying this csg has dropped the ball , increasing turn around times 199 days (so if they got your cards today ,you get your cards back jan or feb 2022 )and that number will go up and more customers will be waiting on "thicker" slabs to come in , And you only get one chance to make a good first impression

Edited by Rob420

I think this is a big problem. I was charged over a month ago, was told my cards were graded, and a couple were waiting on larger slabs. They have been unable to tell me which card(s) is/are the holdup. I'm still marginally within the initial 60 working days. My cards arrived at their facility around March 9 and have apparently been graded since mid-April. 

I was told my cards were graded on 3/23 and I paid on 4/2 but was told there were a couple of cards that needed the larger slabs and they were hoping to have them by the last week of April. When that didn’t happen, they told me it should be the last week of May and here we are…

17 minutes ago, Ddunn1010 said:

I was told my cards were graded on 3/23 and I paid on 4/2 but was told there were a couple of cards that needed the larger slabs and they were hoping to have them by the last week of April. When that didn’t happen, they told me it should be the last week of May and here we are…

Tell them you want your ones that are too thick back ungraded and to be refunded 

Yep.. My Bulk order was marked received on 3/10 and its status has been "Grading / Quality Control" for nearly 2 months. At this time, I am convinced CSG has stopped shipping bulk orders. I just noticed the bump to 199 working turn-around days for bulk. CGC's working turn-around days for bulk is at 228, so I would absolutely expect CSG's to surpass that. It is definitely frustrating for the early adopters who took a chance with CSG. ...PSA has been unfortunately playing all of the other card grading companies like a fiddle. CSG, being a branch of CCG, should have been far more prepared. And I honestly hate to say that. 🤷‍♂️ 

Upon a little bit of digging, this video appears to show a bulk order return that was marked received on 2/25. The video was uploaded on 4/26 and the person states in the video that it had just arrived. It is also interesting to see that the "Due Date" on the box says 5/20, so the actual expected turn-around times internally with CSG at that time were around 60 days. At least for that specific bulk order.

Nearly every bulk order is waiting on larger slabs. Only those who have submitted smaller 5 or so card orders have gotten them back. 

I have one received 2/26 that is still waiting. Not that it is going to make a difference, but I filed a Better Business Bureau complaint last night. I don't see how it can be legal for a company to take your cards with an estimated turn around time, charge you for service that has not been completed, change the turnaround times to triple what it was when you sent them in, and then tell you "No" you can't refuse the service. Even though it was their failure to provide a service.

I've got a package that was delivered 4/5 that has still not been checked in. So, they have not even opened my package and they still won't return my cards. Meanwhile the turnaround has changed from 60 days to 199 days. If I knew it would be this long when I went to send them in, I would have waited for PSA to open up, paid the higher fees and probably gotten them back sooner than CSG now. It sucks because I really like their slabs. You can't just change the terms after the order is placed and then refuse to agree to forgo the service.

Edited by tmoore_25

25 minutes ago, tmoore_25 said:

Nearly every bulk order is waiting on larger slabs. Only those who have submitted smaller 5 or so card orders have gotten them back. 

I have one received 2/26 that is still waiting. Not that it is going to make a difference, but I filed a Better Business Bureau complaint last night. I don't see how it can be legal for a company to take your cards with an estimated turn around time, charge you for service that has not been completed, change the turnaround times to triple what it was when you sent them in, and then tell you "No" you can't refuse the service. Even though it was their failure to provide a service.

I've got a package that was delivered 4/5 that has still not been checked in. So, they have not even opened my package and they still won't return my cards. Meanwhile the turnaround has changed from 60 days to 199 days. If I knew it would be this long when I went to send them in, I would have waited for PSA to open up, paid the higher fees and probably gotten them back sooner than CSG now. It sucks because I really like their slabs. You can't just change the terms after the order is placed and then refuse to agree to forgo the service.

I am going to be filing a better business bureau complaint too hopefully enough of these will do something.

It's a tough situation for all involved. My 56 card bulk was checked in 2/26/21 and I guess they 

need bigger slabs for my 54 Topps cards. With PSA shutting down and SGC jacking up prices, 

CSG got hit with a sunami of cards. They seem to be doing everything. other than taking prisoners,

to hire people. I know I'm anxious to get my cards back. In the game of life, sometimes mess happens.

Howe, Gordie 59.60 Topps.jpg

6 minutes ago, Ddunn1010 said:

A submission I sent to Beckett on July 24, 2020 finally popped today…just waiting on CSG at this point :tonofbricks:

Crazy to think that in the 60 business days since they received my package all they have managed to do is fall behind 3 days on turnaround per business day 

Same deal here. My sub been graded since late March early April but they said they were waiting on larger slabs but none of my cards were thick or oversized 🤦‍♂️ Still waiting....

Edited by nesio213

On 5/25/2021 at 3:20 PM, jbenn26 said:

Tell them you want your ones that are too thick back ungraded and to be refunded 

Give it a rest already...it is clearly stated on their services and fees page that once orders are delivered to their facility, they cannot be changed or canceled...good luck trying to contest that. :rulez:

6 hours ago, ItismeH said:

Give it a rest already...it is clearly stated on their services and fees page that once orders are delivered to their facility, they cannot be changed or canceled...good luck trying to contest that. :rulez:

Oh ya? Well it worked my order is on its way back now so...