• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone received back a CSG Bulk order yet?

141 posts in this topic

I sent my submission on 4-5 it arrived 4-9 I heard nothing about it being received until 6-21. I believe the turnaround I signed up for was 45 or 60 days can not remember and they keep changing it (Now over 200 days) but, that is not what I contracted for. I have sent cards to SGC and get them back in 2 weeks.

This for sure is the first and last time with this company. GMA even does a better job of hitting advertised turnaround times.

I'm pretty disappointed too. I have 7 total orders pending. Delivery started 3 months ago and only the 1st and 2nd orders have even been logged into the system, with the 2nd one popping up a couple of days ago. Based on the advertised turnaround times, I should have had my bulk orders back by now, but I'm still waiting on express orders to get logged in. Pretty disappointing.

On 6/14/2021 at 6:38 PM, jsrva said:

This order partially shipped today.

It was a 57 card submission, but they are only sending 46 cards back now, as apparently 11 require a thick card holder (which is baffling since I submitted zero thick cards). 

Excited to at least get SOMETHING back at this point.

I am worried about this with my bulk order of 67 cards which just moved to 'scheduled for grading' and for info purposes was marked as received in their system on 5/11/21.  I have seen people post about needing thick holders on what appears to be a normal card. I would like to see some clarification on this from csg. 

18 minutes ago, Chris1096 said:

I am worried about this with my bulk order of 67 cards which just moved to 'scheduled for grading' and for info purposes was marked as received in their system on 5/11/21.  I have seen people post about needing thick holders on what appears to be a normal card. I would like to see some clarification on this from csg. 

Yeah, was trying to give CSG the benefit of the doubt but if you watched my reveal video I noted that all 11 "thick cards" were basic Bowman Chrome cards.

On 5/29/2021 at 9:29 AM, jsrva said:

I have a bulk that was received 3/12/21. It changed to "grading/quality control" about a month ago. Hoping to maybe have cards back in hand by end of June at this rate.

did you get them back yet?

Okay.  This is supposed to be my first bulk shipment.  From what I am reading here, I will be lucky to get them back before the year is over.  I checked on the return rate and is told me 154 days.  I am scared to put my cards in their hands, but I already paid.  Should I be scared or just go with the flow??  I was so excited and now I am not. 

7 hours ago, SamIAm60 said:

Okay.  This is supposed to be my first bulk shipment.  From what I am reading here, I will be lucky to get them back before the year is over.  I checked on the return rate and is told me 154 days.  I am scared to put my cards in their hands, but I already paid.  Should I be scared or just go with the flow??  I was so excited and now I am not. 

If you have only completed the online submission form and haven't actually mailed your cards in then you will not be charged.  They only charge you once your cards have been either Scheduled for Grading (as has happened to me) or when they are marked as being in Grading.

On 6/24/2021 at 5:02 PM, MiPoet said:

I received no 10's. Pretty surprised to not even get one from such a large submittion. 

Yes, I was shocked with my submission. Nothing higher than a 9. My brother who works in the hobby for 20 years was shocked at the low grades. I definitely should have had a couple 9.5s at least. I'm assuming if you use bulk you won't get 10s or they will be very rare. 

On 5/24/2021 at 5:12 PM, C. Yeager said:

I'm honestly just curious, if anyone out there has received a CSG Bulk order back? If you have, any submission dates and details you can provide would be great. I have received back two Economy orders, in early April. However, I haven't noticed anyone on here who has got a Bulk order back yet.

I got a partial bulk order back but I had 76 1991 Jordan star cards that were not on the do not send in list but I guess they don't grade them now I now only Beckett for Star Basketball 

On 7/14/2021 at 6:48 AM, Shockmaster said:

My bulk submission has been in Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging for about a week now. What is everyone's experience with how long it takes at this stage?

IVE BEEN ON THAT STAGE FOR 2.5 WEEKS. THE CARD NAMES ARE LISTED. NO GRADES YET. IT USE TO SAY 0.0 UNDER EVERY SUBGRADE, THAT WENT AWAY YESTERDAY. THEY MUST HAVE SEEN THAT IM NOT DOING SUBGRADES. THEY ARE SLOW AF BUT THEY ARE BETTER THAN GEM GRADING. :0 I DOWNLOADED AND PRINTED A GMA FORM TODAY, IT WAS A REPRINT SO I LISTED IT ON EBAY FOR 1000 OBO WILLINNG TO TAKE AS LOW AS 30  . I DIDNT WRITE RP I WROTE READ P.LEASE I THINK THAT MEANS BENT OR NOT IN HAND OR DO YOU KNOW IF THIS MICHAEL JORDAN RC IS PSA 10 READY OR NOT READY

Edited by Bulletblock

On 7/9/2021 at 4:35 PM, jsrva said:

Yes, I got them [46 of the 57 cards] back two weeks ago --

The remaining 11 cards shipped out today from CSG. They did not charge any additional money for shipping (UPS Next Day Air Saver).

And for those wondering...two 9.5s and nine 9.0s. (All 11 were from 2020 Bowman Chrome and related sets)

*WARNING*

Do not try to sleeve the "new" CSG slabs. CSG is now sending out different sized slabs within the same order. I tried to put some slabs in Superior Fit CSG sleeves and busted the sides of 8 sleeves before I figured out what was going on. The difference in the slabs is very subtle. 

Received the rest of my cards back to complete the bulk order I sent in early March. Overall, I'd say I'm satisfied. I thought the grades were generally fair and spot on. I added up all the grades I estimated and what came back over 48 cards. Grades returned were 6 points higher than what I predicted, which isn't that significant over 48 cards. I did get two cards returned as trimmed, which I really don't get based on looking over the cards and comparing them to other similar cards. They were both '58 topps cards - one Mays/Snider and the other Early Wynn. Neither is a particularly high value card. Still, overall, I thought the grades were fair and customer services was good. And was nice that they sent the cards back next day UPS. 

On 7/15/2021 at 5:51 PM, Dinohin22 said:

Yes, I was shocked with my submission. Nothing higher than a 9. My brother who works in the hobby for 20 years was shocked at the low grades. I definitely should have had a couple 9.5s at least. I'm assuming if you use bulk you won't get 10s or they will be very rare. 

I had two 10s out of 50 cards in a bulk. About half of order was 9.5s and rest was 9 with only a handful of 8.5 or lower. I use a loupe and pre-inspect pretty hard.