• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone received back a CSG Bulk order yet?

141 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, C. Yeager said:

Looking forward to not submitting any cards to any grading service for well over a year.

YES! Things need to cool off and companies need to figure out how to manage all these submissions before I submit anything else

2 hours ago, nickdrizzle said:

YES! Things need to cool off and companies need to figure out how to manage all these submissions before I submit anything else

once psa opens back up ppl will go back to them and turn arounds with csg should get better 

3 hours ago, MiPoet said:

I received no 10's. Pretty surprised to not even get one from such a large submittion. 

Yep, none for me to. Really thought I might get a couple. Instead only got 3 9.5’s on a 61 card order lol. And I mean I tried to pick the best cards possible from the box breaks I did. Super super super tight grading.

Edited by LDarkseid1

Oh wow, my 2nd bulk is now shipped and on the way. Super happy about that but the grades are insane! It’s all 8’s and 8.5’s with like a few 9’s on a 51 card order. Like even the cards from the skybox set that were just utterly pristine, 8’s and 8.5’s. This is nuts and grading is harsh! I sent in just the best of the best. Didn’t think I’d get anything less than I mean I guess 9’s. Even got some 7.5’s.

With grading this tough I mean it’s not worth it to do these, especially since they raised the rates on top since when I sent these orders in. So whether they meant to or not, they’ve truthfully pushed me out of this market. Makes no sense to do these anymore. I mean I guess on the plus side they’ll get less business which means quicker grade times for customers, but less money for them. Good for the rest of you guys haha. Also the market is waaayyy down on these cards from when I was sending them in. Pretty crazy that shift!

Edited by LDarkseid1

I'm seeing people receiving orders that were entered into the system as received weeks after mine. Is there any rhyme or reason to their methods? Do they just go in the back room, grab some boxes and start grading? Every grading company was gloating and tooting their own horn when PSA shut down. Now they all wanna hide and not be transparent with their customers. I have always been an SGC fan due to price and resale value. I figured I'd give CSG a shot. Bad idea. They are not even close to having their mess together and it shows. I own a business and I'm currently running a 4 man crew, but booked the summer as if I'd have my normal 10 man crew. I immediately notified all my customers with estimated start dates and explained my current situation with the employment crisis. It took me hours to do. I did it because it's the honest and respectful way to show my customers I care and that my situation is due to reasons out of my control. 

Get it together. My sub (50 card bulk) was received on April 5th. Its been sitting as received since 06/04/21. That put's my turnaround time at 83 days right now. When I submitted it was at 60 days. 

Anyone at CSG with a set of balls big enough to man up and tell your paying customers what's going on? Or you just gonna deal with the massive layoff of everyone you hired during PSA's shutdown because nobody will ever grade with you cowards again after their experience? Man up and make an announcement like SGC owner did. This is pathetic, you should be ashamed, and I will be back grading with SGC from here on out. Regardless of their prices, they showed the world they are an honest and respectable company geared toward keeping their promise and pleasing their paying customers. That goes a long way with me.

14 minutes ago, JACK0114 said:

I'm seeing people receiving orders that were entered into the system as received weeks after mine. Is there any rhyme or reason to their methods? Do they just go in the back room, grab some boxes and start grading? Every grading company was gloating and tooting their own horn when PSA shut down. Now they all wanna hide and not be transparent with their customers. I have always been an SGC fan due to price and resale value. I figured I'd give CSG a shot. Bad idea. They are not even close to having their mess together and it shows. I own a business and I'm currently running a 4 man crew, but booked the summer as if I'd have my normal 10 man crew. I immediately notified all my customers with estimated start dates and explained my current situation with the employment crisis. It took me hours to do. I did it because it's the honest and respectful way to show my customers I care and that my situation is due to reasons out of my control. 

Get it together. My sub (50 card bulk) was received on April 5th. Its been sitting as received since 06/04/21. That put's my turnaround time at 83 days right now. When I submitted it was at 60 days. 

Anyone at CSG with a set of balls big enough to man up and tell your paying customers what's going on? Or you just gonna deal with the massive layoff of everyone you hired during PSA's shutdown because nobody will ever grade with you cowards again after their experience? Man up and make an announcement like SGC owner did. This is pathetic, you should be ashamed, and I will be back grading with SGC from here on out. Regardless of their prices, they showed the world they are an honest and respectable company geared toward keeping their promise and pleasing their paying customers. That goes a long way with me.

58 business days... 

22 hours ago, JACK0114 said:

Are these cards for your personal collection or to resell?

On 5/28/2021 at 3:12 PM, C. Yeager said:

Mine didn't take very long, because they got it in early March. Based on other people's posts, it looks like it may take 1-2 months now before they mark a package as "received" in their system. And that is when the turn-around clock officially starts, that is my understanding. All signs indicate CSG is not shipping out any bulk orders at all currently. So in reality, there is no telling how long this is going to take. At this point, I'd probably be lucky to get my bulk order back by Christmas.

i was under the impression that TAT begins the day package is accepted?

16 hours ago, Lerxst said:

i was under the impression that TAT begins the day package is accepted?

Correct, which is not the day that it arrives at their facility. At that point it's just a box sitting in the warehouse waiting to be received. Once the order is actually checked in the timer starts. 

17 hours ago, Kon_Jelly said:

Correct, which is not the day that it arrives at their facility. At that point it's just a box sitting in the warehouse waiting to be received. Once the order is actually checked in the timer starts. 

That is incorrect.  "Turnaround times reflect the estimated number of working days to complete a submission delivered to our facility today."

Yes mailed it out and it was received at there facility on April 19th with one express card mailed back to me on June 22nd had a date of July 20th for completion not too bad but this was before the rush of cards being mailed in from the shutdown and also it seemed like they finished 20 days before the original 80 day turnaround not too bad surprised on some grades thought they would be higher but overall all of them I felt were on point.

12 hours ago, RKgant said:

That is incorrect.  "Turnaround times reflect the estimated number of working days to complete a submission delivered to our facility today."

That is what they write, but that's not how it actually works. They say the same thing with their comic book grading but in reality the clock really starts once they're marked as received. 

Edited by Kon_Jelly

My March 19th bulk order came this week with and without subgrades , they held back 4 card for "thicker slabs" its a lie , 1 card they slabbed in a reg slab was a 2020 elements metal card and it was thicker then the optice they held back that needs a "thicker slab " . 2 other cards they held were die cuts and one was a sp holo that needs a "thicker" slab and 1 card they told me they would grade when i spoke to them over the phone and they didnt grade it cause it wasnt in the system and it also said pending and sent it back damaged . Over all i like what i got and the slabs look great , turn around time not the best but hope that improves big time , they need to stop using the "thicker" slab excuse as well . now lets see when my april bulk goes into grading.

Edited by Rob420