• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission returned as altered

23 posts in this topic

Hello,

I sent in a walkthrough submission of my raw, 1986 Fleer Jordan RC and it was received by CSG at the beginning of March. It came back to me a little over a week ago, not encapsulated, sadly, which was very disappointing. The label it came with was EV (trimmed/altered), I was absolutely bummed since this is my prized card and I purchased it raw from a legitimate seller (local card shop owner) about 5 years ago. My question is if it is still able to be encapsulated with you guys and labeled as authentic altered? Does a submitter have to make that request? As a paid member, I'm still holding out hope that it can be since I enjoy the slabs and do not  really want to send to another company and want my card slabbed for a peace of mind. Thanks for listening. 

20210319_230859.jpg

On a side note 

I've been working with customer service since I've received my order back, via email, who have been very helpful, but I'm just trying to get a definitive answer and solution to my situation.

• Administrator

CSG will be able to encapsulate cards such as this one as Authentic Altered in the near future. Watch for an announcement on the website and through social media.

3 hours ago, CardGrader said:

CSG will be able to encapsulate cards such as this one as Authentic Altered in the near future. Watch for an announcement on the website and through social media.

I am beyond thrilled! Thank you very much for the response!

You might want to check if that card is a Reprint.  There are different ways that you can check.  One of the ways is by looking to see if the card has "dots" in the yellow banner on the top right.  If it is original, let me tell you, its a very valuable card and you should get it slabbed at PSA.  If its a reprint, you have to label it as a reprint or no one will grade it.  

1 hour ago, Juanr said:

You might want to check if that card is a Reprint.  There are different ways that you can check.  One of the ways is by looking to see if the card has "dots" in the yellow banner on the top right.  If it is original, let me tell you, its a very valuable card and you should get it slabbed at PSA.  If its a reprint, you have to label it as a reprint or no one will grade it.  

I trust the graders' expertise along with their tools who have already examined the card and it did not come back to me as questionable authenticity.

aside from that card potentially being a reprint, I have noticed alot of EV returned cards in sub reveals on YouTube. seems like CSG may be either very strict (which can be good for detecting trimmed cards) or erroneously kicking back more cards than normal that aren't tampered with, but they are erring on the side of caution.

On 3/25/2021 at 11:52 PM, ItismeH said:

Hello,

I sent in a walkthrough submission of my raw, 1986 Fleer Jordan RC and it was received by CSG at the beginning of March. It came back to me a little over a week ago, not encapsulated, sadly, which was very disappointing. The label it came with was EV (trimmed/altered), I was absolutely bummed since this is my prized card and I purchased it raw from a legitimate seller (local card shop owner) about 5 years ago. My question is if it is still able to be encapsulated with you guys and labeled as authentic altered? Does a submitter have to make that request? As a paid member, I'm still holding out hope that it can be since I enjoy the slabs and do not  really want to send to another company and want my card slabbed for a peace of mind. Thanks for listening. 

20210319_230859.jpg

Hello. If you don't mind me asking, what were you charged for this EV card to be examined?

16 minutes ago, Chin's Cards said:

Hello. If you don't mind me asking, what were you charged for this EV card to be examined?

No problem at all. Under their terms and conditions, I was charged the grading fee, which in my case was $100 for a walkthrough submission. 

Just now, Chin's Cards said:

Thanks for the quick reply. Did you also pay for the shipping you selected?

All of the included fees were added on such as the online submission fee, shipping fees etc.

1 minute ago, ItismeH said:

All of the included fees were added on such as the online submission fee, shipping fees etc.

Gotcha, that was my assumption. I'm asking all of this because I have been hearing multiple people on different platforms saying that when their card was rejected for whatever reason, they were NOT charged. So I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this paying vs. non-paying for not being slabbed.

2 hours ago, Chins Cards said:

Gotcha, that was my assumption. I'm asking all of this because I have been hearing multiple people on different platforms saying that when their card was rejected for whatever reason, they were NOT charged. So I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this paying vs. non-paying for not being slabbed.

My best advice is to go under the grading/submit section on their website, you'll most likely find the answer you're looking for, otherwise it can be answered here in the  forum.

Edited by ItismeHerb
added words

On 3/26/2021 at 8:54 AM, CardGrader said:

Thanks for replying to the original post.  Is there any plan to provide grader notes as CGC does?   I think it would be especially helpful at least for the high $ cards sent in through the walkthrough service.  When you send in a $30-50K card and it comes back ungraded and you get no explanation on why the grader thought it was trimmed/altered it is disappointing to say the least.   Some type of note such as "Card trimmed on left side" or "color touch top left corner"  would be helpful.   Thanks.

FYI - you may want to consider subbing this one to bcg.  PSA sent my #57 as authentic / altered and now I have an 8.5.  Mine wasn’t trimmed though just had spent too much time in a screw down.  Either way for $125 for a “5-day” (2-3) weeks it is worth a shot

1 hour ago, Ch4ActionNews said:

FYI - you may want to consider subbing this one to bcg.  PSA sent my #57 as authentic / altered and now I have an 8.5.  Mine wasn’t trimmed though just had spent too much time in a screw down.  Either way for $125 for a “5-day” (2-3) weeks it is worth a shot

Not saying never say never but trying to stay away from BGS and definitely PSA and SGC. And a huge no to GMA😅

10 minutes ago, optimumcards-migration said:

Sorry to hear about that MJ.  Not to sidetrack this thread, but does CSG charge your CC after the sub is done or when it's logged?

No worries, your CC gets charged when the status enters the grading phase under submission tracking.   And you're charged unless you get the label that says SU (Service Unavailable)... otherwise in a case like mine, I was charged.

On 3/26/2021 at 7:54 AM, CardGrader said:

Hi! Has this been updated? Will CSG now encapsulate Authentic Altered cards, or are we still waiting on that?

Thank you!