• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When does the clock start

28 posts in this topic

On 5/21/2021 at 11:19 AM, TJWHEAT said:

I have two submissions that show as received under my submissions. When does the clock start on the turnaround times? 

Thank you for your question. Turnaround times reflect the average length of time that we think it will take to complete a submission received today under a given grading tier or service. Turnaround times for individual submissions can vary based on a variety of factors including whether the submission form was completed properly, the submission was packaged correctly, the collectibles require additional research and other reasons. Here is a link of the the tiers and the estimated times. https://www.csgcards.com/submit/services-fees/csg/

But does received mean when you enter it into the system, or the day it was literally delivered to your location?  For example, if my package was delivered on 3/18 but not entered into the system until 4/23 does the clock start on 3/18 or 4/23?

15 hours ago, nbuff52 said:

But does received mean when you enter it into the system, or the day it was literally delivered to your location?  For example, if my package was delivered on 3/18 but not entered into the system until 4/23 does the clock start on 3/18 or 4/23?

The current date of when the clock starts for your order is when the package is recorded as delivered to their facility. That's the latest news CSG gave directly in their news tab. 

LOL.  I'm not laughing at you guys I'm just laughing at the situation CSG has created for not being absolutely clear on when the clock starts.  From the example above April 1st would be the start date.  I think ha

On 5/27/2021 at 6:49 AM, NicholePer said:

Thank you for your question. Turnaround times reflect the average length of time that we think it will take to complete a submission received today under a given grading tier or service. Turnaround times for individual submissions can vary based on a variety of factors including whether the submission form was completed properly, the submission was packaged correctly, the collectibles require additional research and other reasons. Here is a link of the the tiers and the estimated times. https://www.csgcards.com/submit/services-fees/csg/

This does not work if you keep increasing times! A lot of unnecessary confusion. Just be honest and say that all TAT start when package is opened, especially if you are opening packages that are already pushing the stated TAT of when they were sent. At this point you are a (secure?) storage facility for most of us for at least a year and the lack of honesty and transparency is going to not only hurt our bottom line, it is going to damage your brand in sports card grading before you even get started.

I had one card that I submitted Express as a test. It was Delivered on May 3rd, entered into the system on May 11th and Shipped on May 27th. Based on a 15 day turn time I assume its the date entered into the system, but who knows... 

For pokemon cards at cgc the clock starts when the cards are logged into the system... this is a branch of the same company so there is no reason for them to have different policies. I would plan on calculating tat once the cards are listed as received under submissions and hope that it's done sooner

1 hour ago, nbuff52 said:

LOL.  I'm not laughing at you guys I'm just laughing at the situation CSG has created for not being absolutely clear on when the clock starts.  From the example above April 1st would be the start date.  I think ha

Pretty sure it is the May 20th date.  

On 5/28/2021 at 10:24 AM, WallyWest said:

Pretty sure it is the May 20th date.  

https://www.csgcards.com/news/article/9110/ccg-turnaround-times/

NO IT'S NOT. 

It is literally on their site through the news tab. It starts when the package is delivered! 

The ppl in this thread acting outraged that CSG makes this confusing are merely acting for outrage's sake bc, again, it is spelled out in its own post *on their site*!

Jfc. Some peoples' absolute lust and need to be right is, at best, cringeworthy and, at worst, completely embarrassing.  

Whoa chill out man. I’m not feigning outrage. I’m not even really outraged. I’m just pointing out the fact that they are vague when it comes to this. They could have easily shared the link that you did. But they didn’t. That’s all. 

12 hours ago, ne1seenmykeys said:

NO IT'S NOT. 

It is literally on their site through the news tab. It starts when the package is delivered! 

The ppl in this thread acting outraged that CSG makes this confusing are merely acting for outrage's sake bc, again, it is spelled out in its own post *on their site*!

Jfc. Some peoples' absolute lust and need to be right is, at best, cringeworthy and, at worst, completely embarrassing.  

Go back a month or two and they said TAT starts when packages are received not delivered. It's not that hard to see why people are confused when they've been told one thing for months, then had it changed up on them.

23 hours ago, ne1seenmykeys said:

NO IT'S NOT. 

The only outrage is that my order is already 15 business days past TAT(if it is actually when delivered haha) and still scheduled for grading. 

3 hours ago, MountainG said:

The only outrage is that my order is already 15 business days past TAT(if it is actually when delivered haha) and still scheduled for grading. 

I'm in the same boat. I'm past the TAT and have been told by customer service that I'm waiting on encapsulation. Delivered 3/11 and 4/1 when the system says received.