• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When does the clock start

28 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Kyle Rapoza said:

I don't understand how they're going to get a Standard order back in ~47 days if they don't even open the box it's sitting in for over two months.  I really regret choosing that option over Express now.

I feel that regret.  I'm actually looking through my top cards right thinking if I can risk sending them to PSA for $300.  Sounds crazy, but right now I've got absolutely nothing new coming in from graders and the poor value on SGC and HGA makes me consider it.  I chose CSG because I thought they would prioritize their services properly and I'd pay a little extra to get good service.  Bulk orders of junk wax are absolutely killing grading.  

15 hours ago, Andy Gardecki said:

I feel that regret.  I'm actually looking through my top cards right thinking if I can risk sending them to PSA for $300.  Sounds crazy, but right now I've got absolutely nothing new coming in from graders and the poor value on SGC and HGA makes me consider it.  I chose CSG because I thought they would prioritize their services properly and I'd pay a little extra to get good service.  Bulk orders of junk wax are absolutely killing grading.  

And now Beckett is suspending some services... if CSG doesn't do the same their backlog will be outrageous 

On 5/29/2021 at 9:37 PM, ne1seenmykeys said:

https://www.csgcards.com/news/article/9110/ccg-turnaround-times/

NO IT'S NOT. 

It is literally on their site through the news tab. It starts when the package is delivered! 

The ppl in this thread acting outraged that CSG makes this confusing are merely acting for outrage's sake bc, again, it is spelled out in its own post *on their site*!

Jfc. Some peoples' absolute lust and need to be right is, at best, cringeworthy and, at worst, completely embarrassing.  

Then they are nowhere near hitting those turnaround times.  Also this is a change from their original position, see article you cited from 5/6.  I've spoken to customer service on a few occasions and they had informed me that the clock starts once the order was added to their system, which was much later than when they "received" the cards.

6 hours ago, WallyWest said:

Then they are nowhere near hitting those turnaround times.  Also this is a change from their original position, see article you cited from 5/6.  I've spoken to customer service on a few occasions and they had informed me that the clock starts once the order was added to their system, which was much later than when they "received" the cards.

It's listed under their news tab... the clock begins when it is received at their facility. 

Screenshot_20210602-115634_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by ItismeH
added image

On 5/28/2021 at 8:33 AM, MountainG said:

This does not work if you keep increasing times! A lot of unnecessary confusion. Just be honest and say that all TAT start when package is opened, especially if you are opening packages that are already pushing the stated TAT of when they were sent. At this point you are a (secure?) storage facility for most of us for at least a year and the lack of honesty and transparency is going to not only hurt our bottom line, it is going to damage your brand in sports card grading before you even get started.

Haha yeah, this whole statement is just vague enough to not really answer any questions and leave a whole lot of room for excuses.