• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CSG slab resale values

31 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Greg Christiansen said:

Its tough to tell when our submissions are backed up to the parking lot. I imagine shipping containers in the employee parking spots getting filled so much for that employee of the month spot.

Yeah, I know. I wish we could watch "live" like a TV show. Would be crazy to see. 

On 4/4/2021 at 8:38 AM, coinstudentdeadeye said:

my only regret is sending my 3 best shaq traded rookies to PSA and now they are in limbo.... so sad

Same, Have 3000+ cards at PSA now, just sitting there. SO many Shaqs, Jordans, Bradys, etc. sigh

13 hours ago, Gottsword said:

Why do you say that? I've just noticed many of their auctions get more bids, and sell values are quite a bit higher.

It's because they have shill bidders who drive up the bid count and prices. Many of the "winners" don't ever actually pay.

22 hours ago, jsrva said:

It's because they have shill bidders who drive up the bid count and prices. Many of the "winners" don't ever actually pay.

Do you have any news stories about this. I'd be interested in learning more, because I'm new to this and have been thinking about PWCC because I'd rather consign than handle every transaction myself.

On 4/7/2021 at 12:46 PM, jsrva said:

Is there an ethical and reliable consignment service? I am a regular collector and don't want to sell cards myself, one by one, through Ebay. I'd love to consign.

On 4/4/2021 at 10:59 AM, PunsRTonsOfFun said:

This is also why I was intrigued and gravitated toward CSG. Their parent company is already the industry standard in coins and comics. I’m pretty confident they’re going to add sports cards to that list in due time. Every CSG review I’ve seen so far seems to indicate they’re the new standard for tough grading. Eventually, the actual condition of the card and not the grading label is going to matter.

On 4/1/2021 at 12:02 PM, musakk said:

CSG is part of a much larger company that has a strong reputation in other collectibles. I know in the coin world, their sister organization (NGC) is considered one of the grading companies that is well respected. When choosing an alternative to PSA, the years of experience and established reputation in coin grading drew me to CSG. The market will follow. Personally, I'm not concerned about the resale value being compromised because they are not PSA.

However, I keep crow at a low simmer in my crock pot, just in case I need to eat it...

I collect NGC cons and PMG banknotes.  They have done a great job of gaining market share in other collectables.  I don't see them overtaking PSA any time soon, but it would not surprise me if in two years they overtaken BGS.  

On 4/8/2021 at 2:46 PM, David in CA said:

Do you have any news stories about this. I'd be interested in learning more, because I'm new to this and have been thinking about PWCC because I'd rather consign than handle every transaction myself.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2019/08/06/baseball-cards-has-latest-sports-trading-card-scam-been-uncovered/1929959001/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/07/18/baseball-card-collectors-suspected-rampant-fraud-their-hobby-now-fbi-is-investigating/

https://forloveofthecards.blogspot.com/2019/06/there-has-been-heck-of-scandal-with.html