• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Walkthrough Package Refused by CSG?

14 posts in this topic

Not happy. Sent a one card walkthrough order that was refused by CSG. But if I track it on their website, says they have received it and is safely in their storage facility (which it’s not). This is seeming kind of shady and I’m kind of concerned with what I’ll be getting back in my ‘refused’ package.

Can’t think of any reason they’d refuse it unless it was severely damaged, which I don’t have any way of knowing yet. But ridiculous that their site says they have it. Been a day and a half and no response from customer service. 

679507B9-36C6-4235-B1CF-F4BF721D1D4E.jpeg

27462878-770C-402B-93F9-2448033E9A0E.jpeg

Call their customer service.  And don't get too excited just yet.  The USPS can be a real crapshoot these days.  I ship and receive a lot of items all the time and it's amazing the number of times I've been told that my package has been returned to sender only to find it at my PO Box the next morning.  

10 hours ago, CardHero said:

Not happy. Sent a one card walkthrough order that was refused by CSG. But if I track it on their website, says they have received it and is safely in their storage facility (which it’s not). This is seeming kind of shady and I’m kind of concerned with what I’ll be getting back in my ‘refused’ package.

Can’t think of any reason they’d refuse it unless it was severely damaged, which I don’t have any way of knowing yet. But ridiculous that their site says they have it. Been a day and a half and no response from customer service. 

679507B9-36C6-4235-B1CF-F4BF721D1D4E.jpeg

27462878-770C-402B-93F9-2448033E9A0E.jpeg

Hopefully everything works out. Did you send it registered? That's the most secure method through USPS especially if you decided to send it for walkthrough submission.

• Just got a generic answer that csg refuses packages that show signs of damage or potential tampering so you can file a claim with your carrier if necessary.  I feel I packaged my card well enough to avoid any damage unless the box was pretty much destroyed, but tampering...that's something else.  I'm sure the overwhelming majority of postal workers are completely honest, but putting things like WK on the outside of packages to CSG kind of alerts anyone with bad intentions that there is likely something valuable inside.  They should go to a barcode system you can affix to the package so they can scan and sort into priority without being blatantly obvious to potential bad actors.  Hopefully my card will be back to me in a few days and all will be well.

6 hours ago, CardHero said:
  • Just got a generic answer that csg refuses packages that show signs of damage or potential tampering so you can file a claim with your carrier if necessary.  I feel I packaged my card well enough to avoid any damage unless the box was pretty much destroyed, but tampering...that's something else.  I'm sure the overwhelming majority of postal workers are completely honest, but putting things like WK on the outside of packages to CSG kind of alerts anyone with bad intentions that there is likely something valuable inside.  They should go to a barcode system you can affix to the package so they can scan and sort into priority without being blatantly obvious to potential bad actors.  Hopefully my card will be back to me in a few days and all will be well.

The barcode idea has potential but since walkthrough and express have priority to be opened first, to find an alternative would be challenging.

17 minutes ago, ItismeH said:

The barcode idea has potential but since walkthrough and express have priority to be opened first, to find an alternative would be challenging.

Yeah, they need to know which to open first…and this is how psa does it so they know which packages to open first. So instead of CSG just looking at each package and putting it in the sooner or later pile based on the outside writing, they just scan and put into the sooner or later pile based on what the scan tells them. 

Got my returned package today. The box was pretty wrecked, actually looked like someone had quite possibly opened it. Was not sure my card would be in there. Thankfully it was and was unharmed. 

8FFD8491-D0BA-48B7-960C-9B6F3460ED10.jpeg

238C9A16-FEB5-4797-BB2E-9810B5C26FE6.jpeg

Edited by CardHero
Add pic

3 hours ago, CardHero said:

Got my returned package today. The box was pretty wrecked, actually looked like someone had quite possibly opened it. Was not sure my card would be in there. Thankfully it was and was unharmed. 

8FFD8491-D0BA-48B7-960C-9B6F3460ED10.jpeg

238C9A16-FEB5-4797-BB2E-9810B5C26FE6.jpeg

That's crazy:p Consider yourself very lucky. What is your next move with the card?

Someone in the CGC side got an email about the package that was delivered was empty. Sounds like they might be jacking packages at one of those POs or the distro center. With the delay in packages being opened you wouldn't even be able to file with USPS I don't think(15 or 30 days?). I'd consider your situation very lucky!