• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Submission - 5/18

22 posts in this topic

On 5/18/2021 at 3:41 PM, nickdrizzle said:

Just dropped off an express order (3 cards w/ subgrades) at USPS. Curious to see how long this will take. Will update!

Package has been sitting at SARASOTA FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER since 7:11pm on 5/22... Hopefully it get delivered today, but I'm not holding my breath (based on CGC message boards / google reviews of the facility)

2 hours ago, nickdrizzle said:

Package has been sitting at SARASOTA FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER since 7:11pm on 5/22... Hopefully it get delivered today, but I'm not holding my breath (based on CGC message boards / google reviews of the facility)

Them getting an empty package is scary. Means registered mail, or a different carrier from now on.

Just checked 5/25/21, CGS is "Now opening trading card submissions delivered the week of March 22, 2021.This is a two month lag time before the grading clock starts.  Hopefully, as they hire more staff the lag time of opening will cut down from two months, to a month, to a week (wouldn't that be nice). I have some cards delivered during this period for my first submission, looking forward to seeing how things progress.

10 hours ago, BFeld said:

Just checked 5/25/21, CGS is "Now opening trading card submissions delivered the week of March 22, 2021.This is a two month lag time before the grading clock starts.  Hopefully, as they hire more staff the lag time of opening will cut down from two months, to a month, to a week (wouldn't that be nice). I have some cards delivered during this period for my first submission, looking forward to seeing how things progress.

Where did you see that?  It says March 29, 2021 on  https://www.csgcards.com/submit/services-fees/csg/

Still not ideal.

On 5/24/2021 at 1:10 PM, nickdrizzle said:

Received 5/27... current TAT listed at 15 working days.

In regards to sub-grades: "There is no additional turnaround time for the Express and WalkThrough tiers."

Edited by nickdrizzle
TAT

On 5/27/2021 at 10:06 AM, nickdrizzle said:

Received 5/27... current TAT listed at 15 working days.

In regards to sub-grades: "There is no additional turnaround time for the Express and WalkThrough tiers."

Scheduled for grading 6/2... TAT for express still listed at 15 working days

1 hour ago, nickdrizzle said:

That's fine... I don't find their slabs aesthetically pleasing

agree with you on this. I like my slabs clear. Makes the cards the focus not the slab. This is the reason not really into HGA. I acquired a black refractor RC in SGC slab. cant even tell where the border of the card is without close inspection lol. I thin k SGC is better for vintage or white bordered cards. But pass for me, just not for me, I agree they are legit, just not my style.

57 minutes ago, jdmtdcollector said:

agree with you on this. I like my slabs clear. Makes the cards the focus not the slab. This is the reason not really into HGA. I acquired a black refractor RC in SGC slab. cant even tell where the border of the card is without close inspection lol. I thin k SGC is better for vintage or white bordered cards. But pass for me, just not for me, I agree they are legit, just not my style.

Yeah and it depends on why you are grading.  The appeal for SGC right now is for the flippers

4 hours ago, rms13 said:

Yeah and it depends on why you are grading.  The appeal for SGC right now is for the flippers

Pretty much the entire point of grading other than trying to insure it is having a third party assign condition. Do people waste money they could've used acquiring more cards for their PC to grade their own PC? 🤔