• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scheduled for grading status

60 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, theeddiefastrack said:

Not sure if your orders have the same issue, but I have been told for over a month that "they're graded, but we're waiting on larger slabs for some of the bigger cards"... apparently if cards are even 1mm thicker, they need this larger slab and they are waiting on them... I honestly can't imagine which cards I sent in are thicker (prizm?) but they won't tell me which ones... which is a bummer as I'm holding off on sending more cards as I have no idea what cards are thicker (I've mostly sent in 80's-90's junk wax for my PC).... I was told last week that "they're hoping to get the slabs by the end of May but aren't really sure"....

This may be holding up your order, I'd call and check. They've been very friendly with me, which I appreciate. 

This must be the go-to response that works the best for CSG at the moment. I was told exactly that for my bulk order as well. However, I'm fairly certain that is false, as none of the cards I sent in would be of larger size. (And it seems like when cards are actually bigger, CSG send them back ungraded with a label mentioning that, like with the 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. rookies.) That being said, I did send in several SkyBox E-XL cards, which are multi-layered, and could be considered thicker. However, I sent two SkyBox E-XL cards off with an Economy order and already got them back, and the cases seem identical to the others I got back. It is understandable that CSG is swamped, but I'm no longer convinced that the thicker cases are actually the hold up. 😅

MJ Card.jpg

15 minutes ago, C. Yeager said:

This must be the go-to response that works the best for CSG at the moment. I was told exactly that for my bulk order as well. However, I'm fairly certain that is false, as none of the cards I sent in would be of larger size. (And it seems like when cards are actually bigger, CSG send them back ungraded with a label mentioning that, like with the 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. rookies.) That being said, I did send in several SkyBox E-XL cards, which are multi-layered, and could be considered thicker. However, I sent two SkyBox E-XL cards off with an Economy order and already got them back, and the cases seem identical to the others I got back. It is understandable that CSG is swamped, but I'm no longer convinced that the thicker cases are actually the hold up. 😅

MJ Card.jpg

I don't think they were ever the reason the reason is more likely to be they underestimated the demand and were not ready for what they were receiving but instead of saying that and being perceived bad they pass the blame to someone else by saying they are waiting on them for the thick holders 

Yep, same response,  in "slab room".. well guess what? I put a limit on my CC, and I will not pay another dime towards balance until I get some of orders back I have already paid for. I have 800 cards there, they got the 5 express cards done.  I have 1 back. Still don't have my unlimted walk through back from 4 weeks ago. My suggestion is that for everyone. They want paid,  and to hold money for weeks at a time, nope. Do the work, complete the job, and have ready to ship THAT day, and I will pay for everything.  Not  paying $4000 to be told over and over, "in slab room". Must be biggest slab room on the world. 

Edited by KBost33

48 minutes ago, KBost33 said:

Yep, same response,  in "slab room".. well guess what? I put a limit on my CC, and I will not pay another dime towards balance until I get some of orders back I have already paid for. I have 800 cards there, they got the 5 express cards done.  I have 1 back. Still don't have my unlimted walk through back from 4 weeks ago. My suggestion is that for everyone. They want paid,  and to hold money for weeks at a time, nope. Do the work, complete the job, and have ready to ship THAT day, and I will pay for everything.  Not  paying $4000 to be told over and over, "in slab room". Must be biggest slab room on the world. 

A walkthrough taking a month?!!

Was told by customer service today that Bulk was running 133 business days (6 MONTHS IN REAL TIME) and the Week of March 29 date for processing on the site is still the same. I guess if I've been paying $10 a card its to be expected.

1 hour ago, RKgant said:

CSG should just update and expand the information they provide.  The reason everyone is angry is because we are in the dark. For example, they should have a "expected turnaround times" for each status (Scheduled for grading, etc), and have these turnaround times broken down by tier of service.  If you expected your status to remain for 10-14 days, you would not be upset at the stagnation.  Really, all they have to do is provide more details.

I'm really just posting this in the hope that someone from CSG reads it and can take action. Setting appropriate expectations would be a gamechanger.  And yeah, this whole "thick slabs" issue has not been handled correctly.  Send people back any cards which cannot be slabbed immediately, if the clients wants them bank asap. 

Oh and apropos the above post, my submissions 1000607 and 608 have been in "Grading/Quality Control" for a month while one of the orders I think has been held up by a 1981 Fleer Star Sticker (not much thicker than an average card) I bet is the culprit as it seems CSG doesn't have thick holders ("available in April") yet.  Sigh.  Still, I have high hopes for them.  Worst case SGC came back down to $30/card for 21 day return

41 minutes ago, yanksexpos said:

Was told by customer service today that Bulk was running 133 business days (6 MONTHS IN REAL TIME) and the Week of March 29 date for processing on the site is still the same. I guess if I've been paying $10 a card its to be expected.

That number is realistic and not surprising considering the PSA shutdown and the number of submissions that people most likely made before the CSG price increase. 

5 hours ago, yanksexpos said:

The only bad thing being if a lot of standard + orders come through now that bulk is so high on turn around it'll just keep pushing it back.

My only advice for people on the fence if they want to send a bulk order is don't do it. There is bulk orders from February and March that haven't been returned to people from when they first opened. The turnaround time you see for bulk at 133 working days is probably in reality over 200 working days. They are already missing their original estimates on turnarounds from February and early March before a big influx in orders. At this point if you were to send I could easily see the Turnaround times being doubled and you being told sorry it's over 200 working days now and you being unable to have your packaged shipped back if you no longer want your cards graded and have your cards held hostage for a year +

4 hours ago, jbenn26 said:

My only advice for people on the fence if they want to send a bulk order is don't do it. There is bulk orders from February and March that haven't been returned to people from when they first opened. The turnaround time you see for bulk at 133 working days is probably in reality over 200 working days. They are already missing their original estimates on turnarounds from February and early March before a big influx in orders. At this point if you were to send I could easily see the Turnaround times being doubled and you being told sorry it's over 200 working days now and you being unable to have your packaged shipped back if you no longer want your cards graded and have your cards held hostage for a year +

Exactly...just like the million and one other people who decided to send bulk, definitely do not expect any miracles or point any fingers at CSG:insane: 

5 hours ago, jbenn26 said:

My only advice for people on the fence if they want to send a bulk order is don't do it. There is bulk orders from February and March that haven't been returned to people from when they first opened. The turnaround time you see for bulk at 133 working days is probably in reality over 200 working days. They are already missing their original estimates on turnarounds from February and early March before a big influx in orders. At this point if you were to send I could easily see the Turnaround times being doubled and you being told sorry it's over 200 working days now and you being unable to have your packaged shipped back if you no longer want your cards graded and have your cards held hostage for a year

And just soon as I posted this bulk times are now 199 days turnaround 

199 business days smh , whats gonna happen first luis robert comes back from the DL or i get my bulk subs back , 199 business days is what 6 to 8 months turn around time so thats what Jan or Feb 2022 , CSG is really dropping the ball 

1 minute ago, Rob420 said:

199 business days smh , whats gonna happen first luis robert comes back from the DL or i get my bulk subs back , 199 business days is what 6 to 8 months turn around time so thats what Jan or Feb 2022 , CSG is really dropping the ball 

Everyone should just start requesting their cards back or blocking your credit card from paying until the order is actually done