• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scheduled for grading status

60 posts in this topic

Good question.  I've had 20 cards in the "Grading/Quality Control" category for approx. 2 weeks.  Was wondering if that is when the turnaround time starts to be counted.  I figured once it hit the "Grading" stage, they would be graded in a week.

25 minutes ago, WallyWest said:

Good question.  I've had 20 cards in the "Grading/Quality Control" category for approx. 2 weeks.  Was wondering if that is when the turnaround time starts to be counted.  I figured once it hit the "Grading" stage, they would be graded in a week.

They say "Turnaround times reflect the estimated number of working days to complete a submission delivered to our facility today." So you should be pretty close to the end. 

Apologies for the odd font... due to a cut and paste.

There is really no telling with bulk right now.. My bulk order (50 cards) was marked received on 3/10 and it has been in "Grading/Quality Control" for nearly two months. I did call customer service this week for the first time, and supposedly they have been graded, but not encapsulated.

2 hours ago, C. Yeager said:

There is really no telling with bulk right now.. My bulk order (50 cards) was marked received on 3/10 and it has been in "Grading/Quality Control" for nearly two months. I did call customer service this week for the first time, and supposedly they have been graded, but not encapsulated.

This is pretty much the response everyone gets when asking " it's in the encapsulation room" or "heading for encapsulation"

1 minute ago, NTsportscollector said:

Agreed.  I got the same from customer service today.  “They’re in the slab room”.  Yet I’ve been and still am at the “scheduled for grading” status online.  I don’t get it. 

Yeah I've been at scheduled for grading with subgrades popped for about a month now and I paid the order a month and a half ago, what I'm infinitely frustrated is with the lack of transparency.

6 hours ago, NTsportscollector said:

Im also wondering what the answer is to this question.  Ive had 39 cards economy tier in the "scheduled for grading" stage for going on 3 weeks now with no movement or change.  Anyone have any idea as to when i should see some kind of change?  Thanks!

To be honest, it probably depends how many orders/tiers are in front of you. How many that is only CSG knows for sure. 

19 hours ago, ItismeH said:

To be honest, it probably depends how many orders/tiers are in front of you. How many that is only CSG knows for sure. 

Yeah, I get that, but my question here is why does it still show “scheduled for grading” if they have already been graded and are waiting to be slabbed. Shouldn’t it show “Grading/ Quality Control”?  Also seems odd that it’s been at “Scheduled for Grading” going on a month?  Do you guys agree or what are your thoughts?

28 minutes ago, NTsportscollector said:

Yeah, I get that, but my question here is why does it still show “scheduled for grading” if they have already been graded and are waiting to be slabbed. Shouldn’t it show “Grading/ Quality Control”?  Also seems odd that it’s been at “Scheduled for Grading” going on a month?  Do you guys agree or what are your thoughts?

I'm not sure the tracker actually updates properly,? Like Ive said mine has been at scheduled for grading for probably pushing a month and 3 weeks now and atleast a month with the subgrades showing 

Edited by jbenn26

On 5/22/2021 at 3:09 PM, NTsportscollector said:

Oh I see... Yeah that's odd, maybe some kind of visual glitch or kinks they are working out of their system. 

Not sure if your orders have the same issue, but I have been told for over a month that "they're graded, but we're waiting on larger slabs for some of the bigger cards"... apparently if cards are even 1mm thicker, they need this larger slab and they are waiting on them... I honestly can't imagine which cards I sent in are thicker (prizm?) but they won't tell me which ones... which is a bummer as I'm holding off on sending more cards as I have no idea what cards are thicker (I've mostly sent in 80's-90's junk wax for my PC).... I was told last week that "they're hoping to get the slabs by the end of May but aren't really sure"....

This may be holding up your order, I'd call and check. They've been very friendly with me, which I appreciate. 

2 minutes ago, theeddiefastrack said:

Not sure if your orders have the same issue, but I have been told for over a month that "they're graded, but we're waiting on larger slabs for some of the bigger cards"... apparently if cards are even 1mm thicker, they need this larger slab and they are waiting on them... I honestly can't imagine which cards I sent in are thicker (prizm?) but they won't tell me which ones... which is a bummer as I'm holding off on sending more cards as I have no idea what cards are thicker (I've mostly sent in 80's-90's junk wax for my PC).... I was told last week that "they're hoping to get the slabs by the end of May but aren't really sure"....

This may be holding up your order, I'd call and check. They've been very friendly with me, which I appreciate. 

I had the same experience. I was charged and my cards were apparently graded over a month ago and I sent in all normal cards (50s-80s). Had the same experience with customer service. 

24 minutes ago, theeddiefastrack said:

This is pretty much the same issue everyone is having they don't have big enough slabs for virtually any order and they tell everyone your cards have been graded to justify charging your card but then they just sit there for months on end waiting for new thicker holders. Anytime you call they tell you that your cards are in the encapsulation room then when you call weeks later your now waiting for holders. They have been saying the new holders should be here soon for about a month and half now