• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Props to CSG despite my earlier comment

4 posts in this topic

Although I was not happy about the 7.5 that my Jordan refractor got from CSG, I must say that the packaging of the slab, and the immediate and polite response from customer service every time I’ve called has been refreshing. They are certainly trying to do it right, and the recent onslaught of cards for grading is not their fault. They’re doing the best they can and in my experience they’ve done quite well so far.

8 hours ago, MDBLAW said:

Although I was not happy about the 7.5 that my Jordan refractor got from CSG, I must say that the packaging of the slab, and the immediate and polite response from customer service every time I’ve called has been refreshing. They are certainly trying to do it right, and the recent onslaught of cards for grading is not their fault. They’re doing the best they can and in my experience they’ve done quite well so far.

I really appreciate CSG as well. They've only started grading sports cards since February. I have no ill feelings even though my very first submission to any company was with them and it was my prized card, my Fleer Jordan RC that came back ungraded as altered/trimmed. I'm just waiting for the day when they announce that they will slab cards as authentic/altered.

20 hours ago, MDBLAW said:

Generally speaking it's not that they have a bad product or that the grades are bad. Slabs look nice, and I try to look everything over under 2x mag LED lamp before I sub and they catch things I dont on my cards. I think most if it stems from the long turnaround and they could be a little more upfront about what their plans are and how long it's really going to take.

Yeah, after all is said and done, this is a business at the height of its profitability. I’m sure they recognize that and are focused on grading as many submissions as they can while still maintaining high standards and credibility.   Only the immediate future will tell the story of weather they are meeting those high standards and establishing a recognized level of credibility.

Edited by MDBLAW