• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gem 9.5? What you think?

7 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, MDBLAW said:

Nice. Wish they would’ve graded my Jordan refractor at a nine. Instead they dinged me bad with a 7.5! I’m still a little pissed. 

If I were you, I’d crack it and send it to PSA when they reopen. I just got a shipment from them that had 4 Gem Mint 10s and I was only expecting 9s. I think the extra money spent will be made up in value. CSG’s AI picks up on things that the human eye can’t see and they count off for it which makes no sense to me because I thought grading was based on EYE APPEAL but maybe I’m wrong…

On 5/15/2021 at 9:49 AM, MDBLAW said:

Nice. Wish they would’ve graded my Jordan refractor at a nine. Instead they dinged me bad with a 7.5! I’m still a little pissed. 

I think their grading is very inconsistent and I think people are starting to realize that very early on here. I got a lot of heat on here because I posted something about their grading. I sent in 75 of the same card hand picked from about 300 cards and only got 23 9.5's and the rest were either 9's or 8.5s. Anyway I found this card on ebay and it made me realize they have no consistency. This card got a PRISTINE 10 and the centering is far from pristine, really telling. 

IMG_1110.PNG

22 hours ago, pdizzlenizzle said:

I think their grading is very inconsistent and I think people are starting to realize that very early on here. I got a lot of heat on here because I posted something about their grading. I sent in 75 of the same card hand picked from about 300 cards and only got 23 9.5's and the rest were either 9's or 8.5s. Anyway I found this card on ebay and it made me realize they have no consistency. This card got a PRISTINE 10 and the centering is far from pristine, really telling. 

IMG_1110.PNG

Definitely needed sub grades. I have a feeling it did not reach Quad 10 due to the centering, which is why it came back pristine. Pristine 10 was probably 10-10-10-9.5 since it can be 55/45 and still make pristine. Doesn't PSA give 60/40 a 10?

On 5/23/2021 at 6:00 PM, pdizzlenizzle said:

IMG_1110.PNG

If you really want to talk about inconsistent grading, look up PSA:D