• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Estimated Turnaround Times

34 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Benjamin Brown said:

If CSG wanted to provided better service while growing/maintaining a clientele of submitters they should probably pump the breaks on submissions #s. 

What's the end game guys? Wait until TATs have eclipsed 365 days? Raise prices every few months indefinitely? 

Not only are they not pumping the breaks on submission #'s, they are adding new bulk submitters on a regular basis. 

The end game is to end up just like PSA/BGS. They are doing a great job getting there!

2 hours ago, QueenCityCards said:

I am super annoyed with CSG about this. I sent my first bulk submission in with someone and they have changed the turnaround times TWICE since I sent them. 

200 days is nuts. They cannot be more busy than SGC, who turns around cards in 3 weeks.

Hire more people!!! Stop snubbing the customer please

The question is "is the turnaround time for you what was posted when you sent in your sub, or is your personal turnaround time what is currently posted?" If that makes sense...

1 minute ago, RKgant said:

The question is "is the turnaround time for you what was posted when you sent in your sub, or is your personal turnaround time what is currently posted?" If that makes sense...

The turnaround time is supposed to be when it is delivered at the facility, not checked in. "Previously, there was some confusion about when turnaround times started. Turnaround times now start from the day your package is delivered to our facility, NOT when your submission is entered into our system." So if your bulk package was received on April 5th at 60 business days you should have your order shipped back on June 29th.  

The more I read here, the more I become concerned.  My standard order arrived on 4/8. It hasn't been checked in.  Back then the timing for standard had just moved to 32 business days.  So today is the 35th business day and mine is not only not on the way back to me, but it's not checked in.  I realize that's about what the rest of you are saying, but I guess I wasn't putting it all in perspective.  I'm also getting discouraged at seeing all these people who have their bulk orders in the system already because they sent 601 cards in (600 bulk and 1 express) so they all got checked in.  I can't understand how CSG doesn't see that as a problem.  

I can't ever see myself being a bulk submitter.  It's not that I don't have 50+ star player low value cards (I've got at least 200,000 that fit that criteria).  It's just that I don't want to see myself as part of the problem.  I sent in 15 cards with an average value of $400.  I used standard as per the rules.  I know my order was perfect on paper and perfect in the box.  So why is it that I feel like I'm sitting behind some order that's got 1000 $10 cards packed into a big box with no order and an extra $2 per card being spent so they don't have to identify the cards? I guess the $10,000 that the bulk submitter paid trumps my little $530 order.

8 minutes ago, Andy Gardecki said:

The more I read here, the more I become concerned.  My standard order arrived on 4/8. It hasn't been checked in.  Back then the timing for standard had just moved to 32 business days.  So today is the 35th business day and mine is not only not on the way back to me, but it's not checked in.  I realize that's about what the rest of you are saying, but I guess I wasn't putting it all in perspective.  I'm also getting discouraged at seeing all these people who have their bulk orders in the system already because they sent 601 cards in (600 bulk and 1 express) so they all got checked in.  I can't understand how CSG doesn't see that as a problem.  

I can't ever see myself being a bulk submitter.  It's not that I don't have 50+ star player low value cards (I've got at least 200,000 that fit that criteria).  It's just that I don't want to see myself as part of the problem.  I sent in 15 cards with an average value of $400.  I used standard as per the rules.  I know my order was perfect on paper and perfect in the box.  So why is it that I feel like I'm sitting behind some order that's got 1000 $10 cards packed into a big box with no order and an extra $2 per card being spent so they don't have to identify the cards? I guess the $10,000 that the bulk submitter paid trumps my little $530 order.

Believe me man bulk isn't moving either I've seen very few people say they have received a bulk back even people that had sent in February when they first opened 

3 hours ago, jbenn26 said:

Believe me man bulk isn't moving either I've seen very few people say they have received a bulk back even people that had sent in February when they first opened 

I'm an in-system Feb. 25ish bulk ... so I'll let you know when mine moves. Been in grading/QC a while now. 

13 minutes ago, CollectorBB said:

I'm an in-system Feb. 25ish bulk ... so I'll let you know when mine moves. Been in grading/QC a while now. 

Crazy, the sent me a message April 12th saying my bulk order is done and that I need to pay I did right away and now a month and 3 weeks later it still says scheduled for grading 

6 hours ago, redfoxdutchman said:

At this point CSG is completely overwhelmed and won't admit it. If they actually cared about turnaround times they would stop all submissions and catch up. They are about three weeks on the week of March 29th deliveries, which is before PSA closed. If you submitted your cards in bulk when they said 60 days, it will take a year. These grading companies have no accountability and they don't care. If you want a grading company that is actually trying to uphold their turnaround times then use SGC. CSG is a complete joke. How could they have not been prepared for this? The only way that us customers can stop this nonsense is to complain. Post to their twitter, complain at BBB, and make CSG accountable for their misleading behavior. They went on youtube interviews saying how many graders they hired and how they were prepared to meet turnaround times. We all know now that this was rubbish. 

SGC completed my last sub a week ago in 3 days. I liked the interview with their president. He seems self aware of his previous failure at anticipating volume and honest. They're really stepping it up.

11 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

SGC completed my last sub a week ago in 3 days. I liked the interview with their president. He seems self aware of his previous failure at anticipating volume and honest. They're really stepping it up.

Realistically though, SGC slabs are ugly to me. They definitely don't appeal to very many people. I don't see too many submitting to them unless it's vintage at best...my 2c

Word on the street was that folks were subbing 1 express with their Bulk and we're able to jump the line of purely bulk submitters.  With turnaround now being 9 months, this is definitely a huge issue; has anything been done to address this?

1 hour ago, ItismeH said:

Realistically though, SGC slabs are ugly to me. They definitely don't appeal to very many people. I don't see too many submitting to them unless it's vintage at best...my 2c

To each his own. For someone that sells a lot in eBay, turnaround is what's paramount to me.

The 10 GEM Select silver Burrow I just sold got me $250 in the pocket in a week vs a 9.5 in 6 months if I would've used CSG. It's not possible for me to continue this with no cash flow, and that's where CGC and CSG have put me. I think they have a good product, don't get it twisted, but with the current turnaround I can't have all of my stuff trapped with them and PSA. I have to use whoever can get my mess in and out.