• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad Customer Service-Was unhappy with my first shipment and they wouldn't send me my second shipment back (SAID I WOULD PAY FOR SHIPPING)

47 posts in this topic

I sent in two shipment's about three months ago. My first shipment was (75) 2020 Bowman Luis Robert Paper Rookies, a very easy card to grade. I have been getting cards graded for over 5 years with PSA and typically get about 50-60% PSA 10s back, so I have some knowledge and experience with this. They sent me back under 30% 9.5s of this card In which I hand picked the 75 I sent in from about 300 of the same card. The rest of the Robert's I got back were either 9's or 8.5's. My second order has not even been put in the system yet, I called them and politely told them I was unhappy with the grades that came back and simply wanted to have my second order sent back to me (I SAID I WOULD PAY FOR RETURN SHIPPING). They told me they cannot do that and refused to send my second order back prior to grading. In short I am basically being forced to move forward with over $700 worth of grading, this just seems like bad customer service to me.  

I see a problem with not being able to get your product back before a service has even begin, however, it is clearly stated that you cannot change an order once they have been shipped. I didn't ship my second order until I saw the process play out with my first submission for that very reason. Perhaps they will modify that in the future but at this point we have to play within the rules that were established. 

On 5/11/2021 at 1:56 AM, pdizzlenizzle said:

I sent in two shipment's about three months ago. My first shipment was (75) 2020 Bowman Luis Robert Paper Rookies, a very easy card to grade. I have been getting cards graded for over 5 years with PSA and typically get about 50-60% PSA 10s back, so I have some knowledge and experience with this. They sent me back under 30% 9.5s of this card In which I hand picked the 75 I sent in from about 300 of the same card. The rest of the Robert's I got back were either 9's or 8.5's. My second order has not even been put in the system yet, I called them and politely told them I was unhappy with the grades that came back and simply wanted to have my second order sent back to me (I SAID I WOULD PAY FOR RETURN SHIPPING). They told me they cannot do that and refused to send my second order back prior to grading. In short I am basically being forced to move forward with over $700 worth of grading, this just seems like bad customer service to me.  

Then why did you blindly send the second order in before getting the first order back and judging the product in your hands and seeing how tough CSG grades cards?

On 5/10/2021 at 7:56 PM, pdizzlenizzle said:

Sorry to break it to you but if your cards fall under this category...

Screenshot_20210514-125315_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by ItismeH
typo

1 hour ago, ItismeH said:

This is a new rule, enacted after a lot of people sent in submissions that are still waiting to be opened.  Previously you could submit changes to orders once they were received...so if you're acting like this rule always existed or something, you're wrong.

2 hours ago, CardHero said:

This is a new rule, enacted after a lot of people sent in submissions that are still waiting to be opened.  Previously you could submit changes to orders once they were received...so if you're acting like this rule always existed or something, you're wrong.

:signfunny:Definitely not acting like anything there bud, just stating the facts.✌

On 5/14/2021 at 6:54 PM, ItismeH said:

Yes, that came off as rather snide. They only added that little bit a few weeks ago.

On 5/14/2021 at 8:11 PM, CardHero said:

I had an order I was planning on bumping as delays became more apparent. Was delivered 4/2 but still hasn't made it through receiving so never had the opportunity to bump before policy change.

On 5/11/2021 at 12:56 AM, pdizzlenizzle said:

I have been getting cards graded for over 5 years with PSA and typically get about 50-60% PSA 10s back, so I have some knowledge and experience with this. They sent me back under 30% 9.5s of this card In which I hand picked the 75 I sent in from about 300 of the same card. The rest of the Robert's I got back were either 9's or 8.5's.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. It sounds like you should just stick with PSA's half-assed and lax grading.

This thread made me think about what is the minimal value a card should be for it to be submitted given the increase in price to grade card.  Does anyone have a general rule to break even or minimal value of a card for submissions.  

Most of the cards I have submitted so far range in value between $20-$50 for bulk service.  

1 minute ago, robotur said:

This thread made me think about what is the minimal value a card should be for it to be submitted given the increase in price to grade card.  Does anyone have a general rule to break even or minimal value of a card for submissions.  

Most of the cards I have submitted so far range in value between $20-$50 for bulk service.  

I think it depends and I don’t really think there’s really a rule. A lot of items I grade gain value over the time they are getting graded, some don’t. These Roberts were $2 a card and grading was $8 a card, hard to lose when the price for bulk is so cheap. I also think it depends on where you are sending your cards, due to the prices the different graders fetch after grading. I’ve always thought the lower end cards should go to the lower end graders and the higher end to the higher end graders. However it seems they are all trending towards the $20-$25 a card grading fee. It won’t be long before csg increases their prices again, it’s already gone from $8 to $12 in less then 3 months. In short I don’t have a rule of thumb, just try and do what makes sense and limits my risk. 

2 hours ago, robotur said:

I guess I've never looked at any of this as a way to turn a $2 card into a $20 card with a $10 profit.  My rule of thumb is that I will send it in if I know that even at a grade of 8 the card will be worth more than raw plus grading.  For a majority of these new cards that won't be the case unless it's a big rookie card so I never send non rookies unless it's something older of a star who can pull a lot of value (i.e. Jordan, Kobe, Brady, Lebron).  

While I think everyone has the right to do whatever they want as long as the companies allow it, I'd be all in favor of a moratorium on bulk orders of low level cards looking for big grades to make a minimal profit.  I'm sure that won't happen, but until it does we'll all be sitting here waiting on our orders and complaining.

4 hours ago, Andy Gardecki said:

I guess I've never looked at any of this as a way to turn a $2 card into a $20 card with a $10 profit.

There are a lot of reasons/philosophies for what to grade and why. All are valid. One thing that I think might help the deluge is some kind of cap on volume for members per month if bulks are what is causing back logs.

11 hours ago, robotur said:

I can't speak for anyone else but personally I've expressed sent 8 cards in total, all cards were for my PC or cards I just wanted slabbed to know what I had and for a peace of mind. I haven't been disappointed thus far. 

Sorry you aren't happy and I hope you get it cleared up. Here's what I learned from your post. Based on your past experience with PSA, this indicates to me that CSG 9.5s = PSA 10s. Understandably you're probably concerned about value of a CSG 9.5 vs. a PSA 10, so it's good that you're sharing your experience so that ppl start to understand this.

If you've got CSG 9.5s you think are PSA 10s, then it's important to price them as such and inform your customers/buyers of your experience. It's data like that which will help communicate to everyone how good a 9.5 from CSG is.

As a side note, this makes me less concerned that CSG will have to engage in "population control" like PSA, i.e. "oh shoot we gave out too many 10s." So there's that.

Edited by tenniscardcity

29 minutes ago, tenniscardcity said:

Sorry you aren't happy and I hope you get it cleared up. Here's what I learned from your post. Based on your past experience with PSA, this indicates to me that CSG 9.5s = PSA 10s. Understandably you're probably concerned about value of a CSG 9.5 vs. a PSA 10, so it's good that you're sharing your experience so that ppl start to understand this.

If you've got CSG 9.5s you think are PSA 10s, then it's important to price them as such and inform your customers/buyers of your experience. It's data like that which will help communicate to everyone how good a 9.5 from CSG is.

As a side note, this makes me less concerned that CSG will have to engage in "population control" like PSA, i.e. "oh shoot we gave out too many 10s." So there's that.

I agree with you on all levels, just felt the grading may have been a little over the top. However I think right now with CSG being new there’s is a lot of opportunity to purchase 9.5’s at a decent price, because I agree a csg 9.5 seems like its most likely a PSA 10.