• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad Customer Service-Was unhappy with my first shipment and they wouldn't send me my second shipment back (SAID I WOULD PAY FOR SHIPPING)

47 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, RKgant said:

827574427_2021-06-0312_10_09-csg_eBay.png.14e46b3fb85bf72dac2b4f095f85d5d2.png

I think the truth is in between. I you look a the 3,900 items when just use CSG, there all sorts of other stuff that has 'csg' in there name from hot wheel cars, athletic shorts, silver collectors, auto parts, etc. Toys alone account for 1,400 of that list. Business and industrial is another 1,200 from that list.  Take a look at what comes up - the list on the sidebar is the balance of the items that arent cards but you cropped it just to show cards.  If you hit the filter for CSG graded cards in that list and it drops to 22.  which obviously isn't accurate, but def isnt 3,900.

2021-06-03 12_16_21-.png

Edited by The Break Brothers

On 5/18/2021 at 7:03 AM, robotur said:

This thread made me think about what is the minimal value a card should be for it to be submitted given the increase in price to grade card.  Does anyone have a general rule to break even or minimal value of a card for submissions.  

Most of the cards I have submitted so far range in value between $20-$50 for bulk service.  

Honestly, with CSG the rules sort of go out the window, for a lack of a better term. 

I'm using CSG to solely churn and burn lower-tiered cards, so think like 2020 Topps Ronald Acuna Jr/Luis Robert/Gavin Lux/Vlad Jr etc etc etc 

Esp if you got the premium membership, that cuts down every grading tier's price by 10%, meaning the old rate of 8/card got chopped down to 7.20/card. At that rate all you have to do is send in 300 cards in a calendar year to literally make your membership price back, or even less cards with higher tiers. And, at 7.20/card you are pretty much guaranteed to make a profit as long as the card is in really good-great shape.

So, instead of selling a lot of (10) 2020 Topps Acunas raw for like $15-20 on ebay I can pay roughly $75 to get them graded and make way, way more than 15-20 that I'd get from eBay (minus the seller fees etc). 

So yes, literally every card I have sent in for bulk has a price estimate between 20-50.

NOW, with that said.......

bc the prices are so low to get each card graded in bulk, for my longer-term holds - https://www.ebay.com/itm/373549209473?ViewItem=&item=373549209473&nma=true&si=fgt%2FIx05SFFvBCDjWguNwksPvO4%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 for example - I am sending some of those cards to CSG bc they grade at a much more difficult scale than PSA, so essentially if I get a 9 or 9.5 through CSG on a really great long term hold card then I'm going to really think hard about sending it into PSA. So, essentially, I use CSG as a way to gauge how some of my longer-term cards will hold up to PSA's lax- standards, bc as long as PSA is still king then I will continue to send them my higher-end stuff.   

On 5/19/2021 at 9:21 AM, tenniscardcity said:

Sorry you aren't happy and I hope you get it cleared up. Here's what I learned from your post. Based on your past experience with PSA, this indicates to me that CSG 9.5s = PSA 10s. Understandably you're probably concerned about value of a CSG 9.5 vs. a PSA 10, so it's good that you're sharing your experience so that ppl start to understand this.

If you've got CSG 9.5s you think are PSA 10s, then it's important to price them as such and inform your customers/buyers of your experience. It's data like that which will help communicate to everyone how good a 9.5 from CSG is.

As a side note, this makes me less concerned that CSG will have to engage in "population control" like PSA, i.e. "oh shoot we gave out too many 10s." So there's that.

Seriously asking - do you have any concrete proof that PSA does this? I see ppl saying this all the time and 100% of the time i ask for proof of it no one can seem to provide it. 

So I'm curious where this started and why people say it. If you have proof of it then I'll change my tune, but until then I'd like to understand more your motivation for saying this. 

57 minutes ago, The Break Brothers said:

1000's? I am not seeing that many coming out, and from the forum it looks like people aren't really anything back so I am not sure where you are pulling this into from. If I type 'CSG graded' into eBay I get 368 results. Not really the Tsunami you describe and them in better position than PSA?!? We are rooting for them to succeed, but I wont drink the koolaid.

2021-06-03 11_49_01-csg graded _ eBay.png

Edited by ne1seenmykeys
Wrong link

1 hour ago, ne1seenmykeys said:

lmaooooo you have no idea how the legalities surrounding these types of things work, and you are coming off as someone who is relying on these cards to be your main income or something. 

Yes, it is obvious they couldn't handle the bulk orders in a timely fashion, and i don't like it one bit, but, as per their own website, they reserve the right to increase turnaround times whenever and however long they choose to do so. 

The answer to your problems is simple - if you don't like CSG then just go with another company. 

Just sent cards for my PC. I have never said douchey things like churn and burn so I guess you win? Not sure your beef with every person you encounter, you come off as a sad lonely person looking for attention.

1 hour ago, The Break Brothers said:

I think the truth is in between. I you look a the 3,900 items when just use CSG, there all sorts of other stuff that has 'csg' in there name from hot wheel cars, athletic shorts, silver collectors, auto parts, etc. Toys alone account for 1,400 of that list. Business and industrial is another 1,200 from that list.  Take a look at what comes up - the list on the sidebar is the balance of the items that arent cards but you cropped it just to show cards.  If you hit the filter for CSG graded cards in that list and it drops to 22.  which obviously isn't accurate, but def isnt 3,900.

I just ran my same search, and looked at the first 60 results, and 59 were CSG graded cards.  There is a ton out there.

On 6/3/2021 at 11:49 AM, The Break Brothers said:

1000's? I am not seeing that many coming out, and from the forum it looks like people aren't really anything back so I am not sure where you are pulling this into from. If I type 'CSG graded' into eBay I get 368 results. Not really the Tsunami you describe and them in better position than PSA?!? We are rooting for them to succeed, but I wont drink the koolaid.

2021-06-03 11_49_01-csg graded _ eBay.png

Guy all you have to do is be a part of a half dozen of the larger FB groups to see that a ton of CSG cards are out there,