• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad Customer Service-Was unhappy with my first shipment and they wouldn't send me my second shipment back (SAID I WOULD PAY FOR SHIPPING)

47 posts in this topic

On 5/11/2021 at 1:56 AM, pdizzlenizzle said:

I sent in two shipment's about three months ago. My first shipment was (75) 2020 Bowman Luis Robert Paper Rookies, a very easy card to grade. I have been getting cards graded for over 5 years with PSA and typically get about 50-60% PSA 10s back, so I have some knowledge and experience with this. They sent me back under 30% 9.5s of this card In which I hand picked the 75 I sent in from about 300 of the same card. The rest of the Robert's I got back were either 9's or 8.5's. My second order has not even been put in the system yet, I called them and politely told them I was unhappy with the grades that came back and simply wanted to have my second order sent back to me (I SAID I WOULD PAY FOR RETURN SHIPPING). They told me they cannot do that and refused to send my second order back prior to grading. In short I am basically being forced to move forward with over $700 worth of grading, this just seems like bad customer service to me.  

I would be trying to get that second order back too lolol You got some graders remorse after that injury lol

On 5/19/2021 at 12:19 PM, Sfeeman said:

People getting mad because CSG isn't handing out 10's like crazy smh. Now that PSA uses AI technology you won't be getting 10's from them either.

This right here. I want a true grade, whether it is for investment or PC. With the AI, you'll see fewer PSA10's and even fewer if they get rid of that 60/40 BS.

On 5/25/2021 at 9:08 AM, Steven M Volden said:

This right here. I want a true grade, whether it is for investment or PC. With the AI, you'll see fewer PSA10's and even fewer if they get rid of that 60/40 BS.

:golfclap:

On 5/14/2021 at 11:53 AM, Chin's Cards said:

I see a problem with not being able to get your product back before a service has even begin, however, it is clearly stated that you cannot change an order once they have been shipped. I didn't ship my second order until I saw the process play out with my first submission for that very reason. Perhaps they will modify that in the future but at this point we have to play within the rules that were established. 

If they allowed for this you would have people constantly sending in bulk orders,  then 2 months later after somebody got hurt like a Robert having buyers remorse wanting their cards back so they don't have to pay for them. Everybody on the planet knows that EVERY card grader is having massive delays. Don't send your cards in if you are going to sit at home and sweat every day until you get them back.

17 hours ago, Benny Harris said:

If they allowed for this you would have people constantly sending in bulk orders,  then 2 months later after somebody got hurt like a Robert having buyers remorse wanting their cards back so they don't have to pay for them. Everybody on the planet knows that EVERY card grader is having massive delays. Don't send your cards in if you are going to sit at home and sweat every day until you get them back.

I absolutely agree, especially with your last sentence :golfclap:

On 5/18/2021 at 10:03 AM, robotur said:

This thread made me think about what is the minimal value a card should be for it to be submitted given the increase in price to grade card.  Does anyone have a general rule to break even or minimal value of a card for submissions.  

Most of the cards I have submitted so far range in value between $20-$50 for bulk service.  

I submit by inspected condition alone, not necessarily by value of card. Any rookie or star that I think would grade Gem Mint is a candidate for submission.

On 5/27/2021 at 6:10 AM, Benny Harris said:

How about this company doesn't advertise a service they cant provide? If we were originally told it was 199 days, no problem yeah? When you throw out a bait and switch(twice now) and are not prepared to handle any of it, the problem lies with the company, not the customer. If your bank denied you access to your money for 199 business days would you just roll over and be pooped on? Either example it is a business that needs to honor what they advertise.

Edited by MountainG

I had no issues with customer service at all.  I was on hold for like 1 minute and right to who I need to talk to.  I’m in the middle of nowhere so internet is very spotty so I called with some questions that she answered very quickly.  Yes as soon as a package is received at there office then the clock starts.  Yes I was very impressed with the service they provided.

On 5/30/2021 at 8:55 PM, MountainG said:

How about this company doesn't advertise a service they cant provide? If we were originally told it was 199 days, no problem yeah? When you throw out a bait and switch(twice now) and are not prepared to handle any of it, the problem lies with the company, not the customer. If your bank denied you access to your money for 199 business days would you just roll over and be pooped on? Either example it is a business that needs to honor what they advertise.

You are clearly NEW to grading cards... PSA / BGS is shut down, HGA just stopped their 10 day... Do yourself a favor and just collect raw, you are not made to handle grading...

4 hours ago, Benny Harris said:

You are clearly NEW to grading cards... PSA / BGS is shut down, HGA just stopped their 10 day... Do yourself a favor and just collect raw, you are not made to handle grading...

They sure weren't shut down when most of sent. Thanks!

15 hours ago, Benny Harris said:

The things you're referring to are newer than the orders people are complaining about... 😂 

12 hours ago, MountainG said:

They sure weren't shut down when most of sent. Thanks!

And those subs are actively being graded at each of the companies. It sucks I agree but when the amount of cards is so great that PSA has to shut down to catch up clearly there was a Tsunami that no company was prepared for. Some things you just cant throw money at the resolve the problem over night. Clearly PSA is actively retooling, they have shared everything the are currently doing to be better, CSG is a huge grading company that I am sure are currently working to resolve the turn around times. CSG is in the best seat of them all right now. They are currently dumping 1000's of freshly graded cards into the market which are popping up all over facebook and Ebay. If they use their head they could become a larger sports card grading company than Beckett. PSA is going to remain King and HSA is going to go the way of Blockbuster.

On 5/14/2021 at 9:03 AM, redfoxdutchman said:

Why do we have to play within the rules while CSG constantly changes the rules? Taking months to "receive" packages and changing bulk turnaround times by 3 X's in the last month. 

Lmao they put very specific clauses up that say, VERY explicitly, they have the right to determine/change/estimate turnaround times at their discretion. 

I'm not happy with the bulk turnaround times but you are complaining about something here that is literally spelled out for you on their website. They are absolutely playing within the rules. You just don't like the fact that they acted within their legal capacity. 

On 5/30/2021 at 5:55 PM, MountainG said:

lmaooooo you have no idea how the legalities surrounding these types of things work, and you are coming off as someone who is relying on these cards to be your main income or something. 

Yes, it is obvious they couldn't handle the bulk orders in a timely fashion, and i don't like it one bit, but, as per their own website, they reserve the right to increase turnaround times whenever and however long they choose to do so. 

The answer to your problems is simple - if you don't like CSG then just go with another company. 

3 hours ago, Benny Harris said:

They are currently dumping 1000's of freshly graded cards into the market which are popping up all over facebook and Ebay

1000's? I am not seeing that many coming out, and from the forum it looks like people aren't really anything back so I am not sure where you are pulling this into from. If I type 'CSG graded' into eBay I get 368 results. Not really the Tsunami you describe and them in better position than PSA?!? We are rooting for them to succeed, but I wont drink the koolaid.

2021-06-03 11_49_01-csg graded _ eBay.png

10 minutes ago, The Break Brothers said:

1000's? I am not seeing that many coming out, and from the forum it looks like people aren't really anything back so I am not sure where you are pulling this into from. If I type 'CSG graded' into eBay I get 368 results. Not really the Tsunami you describe and them in better position than PSA?!? We are rooting for them to succeed, but I wont drink the koolaid.

2021-06-03 11_49_01-csg graded _ eBay.png

I see 3,590 results for "csg" on ebay in "sports trading cards"

On PWCC's monthly auction, last month there were 33 CSG cards, this month 190 CSG cards.  Thats 6x in a month. Seems reasonable to assume it goes much higher over the coming months.

Seems reasonable to anticipate tons of new volume from everywhere.

Edited by RKgant

On 5/17/2021 at 12:18 PM, Rbrown04 said:

I think this says more about PSA than CSG. By the way why would you send in 75 of the same freaking low dollar card? Wonder why it’s taking months to get cards back? It’s people like you

Low-dollar card? 

Listen, I'm with you in sentiment here, but thr vast, and I mean VAST, majority of card collectors are only able to afford what you consider "low-dollar" cards, meaning 75-100 once graded. 

LuBob is legit one of the best young players in baseball and looks to be really good for a long time on a really good offensive team. Bash OP for his obvious wrongs in his post, but sending in 75 LuBobs if you have them for grading is an absolutely legit strategy, esp for people who can only afford that tier of cards. 

Chastising people for only being able to afford lower-tiered cards is really elitist and just serves to make you look like you're being a .