• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody still waiting on cards delivered in February?

18 posts in this topic

This is starting to get ridiculous. I have a bulk order that was entered as received on Feb 26. I have been told everything under the sun about it. I've already been invoiced and paid for the grades. I was told 2 or 3 weeks ago it was in encapsulation. Then it went back to scheduled for grading. Then it went to we are waiting for larger cases that should be in next week (that was two weeks ago). Why is it so difficult for these companies to be honest with their customers? I'm sitting at 50 business days for this order. I believe the turnaround time at the time of submission was 60 business days. You have 10 days left to meet your original stated turn around time. The clock is ticking.

I have the exact date received, Feb. 26th. I'm also anxious to get my cards, but they have been 

absolutely swamped. I have no complaints till the 60 days are up. Pretty sure they're doing the best 

they can under difficult circumstances. 

Jim 

Mathews, Eddie 54 Topps.jpg

19 hours ago, tmoore_25 said:

This is starting to get ridiculous. I have a bulk order that was entered as received on Feb 26. I have been told everything under the sun about it. I've already been invoiced and paid for the grades. I was told 2 or 3 weeks ago it was in encapsulation. Then it went back to scheduled for grading. Then it went to we are waiting for larger cases that should be in next week (that was two weeks ago). Why is it so difficult for these companies to be honest with their customers? I'm sitting at 50 business days for this order. I believe the turnaround time at the time of submission was 60 business days. You have 10 days left to meet your original stated turn around time. The clock is ticking.

I'd almost guarantee it doesn't get done in 60 days. On the TCG side our submissions had a 30 day turnaround on bulk when they were submitted. Mine took 85 business days to complete some people went even longer than that. Almost 300% increase of the estimate. It stems from how many submissions they get. Anyone sending in standard or higher submissions pretty much pay their way in front of you and your sub gets pushed onto the back burner. Turnaround was 80 when I submitted the last batch of bulk delivered 4/2 and hasn't been marked through receiving. I'd guess the end of this year or beginning of next for any subs sent in the last month. Turnaround times don't really mean jack for this.

On 5/7/2021 at 10:36 PM, TyeDyeJim said:

I have the exact date received, Feb. 26th. I'm also anxious to get my cards, but they have been 

absolutely swamped. I have no complaints till the 60 days are up. Pretty sure they're doing the best 

they can under difficult circumstances. 

Jim 

Mathews, Eddie 54 Topps.jpg

The 60-days will start once they are marked as received. Were they delivered on the 26th or marked as received in the system?

-Matt

1 hour ago, Matt Macaluso said:

The 60-days will start once they are marked as received. Were they delivered on the 26th or marked as received in the system?

-Matt

They were marked as received on Feb 26. I've actually gotten my economy order submitted at the same time back already at the end of March, beginning of April. This was prior to the PSA shutdown. My issue is that I submitted when there was a 60 day turnaround. Now its 133 days and somehow I'm sure CSG is going to put my order in the same category as those being submitted today. Even though they claim a FIFO system, any card submitted at a higher level is going to get put in front of bulk. So the onslaught of cards they have been receiving since the shutdown is stopping mine from being returned.

Edited by tmoore_25

3 hours ago, Matt Macaluso said:

-Matt

Actually CSG clarified it on their website, turnaround times are based on when marked as delivered to their facility.

As soon as PSA declared that they were not accepting new submissions, I’m sure that companies like CSG were immediately swamped. Not making excuses for them, but they also were severely understaffed at the time the increase occurred. They are doing what they can to increase staffing, but we all want them to hire competent and qualified card graders. That being said, I sent 99 cards for grading which they received on March 23, 2021 and only one of those cards in the Xpress category has been graded so far. We should probably all try to be patient with them as there is a pretty steep learning curve and hiring curve for CSG. I’m trying my very best to follow my own advice!

Edited by MDBLAW
Spelling error

I do have to say that my half dozen or so contacts with customer service have been absolutely delightful. They are trying very hard to accommodate the huge swell in car grading submissions. I’m reserving final judgment on CSG until I have received the rest of my 99 card submission.

With the current state of sportcards grading and the backlogs at all companies, I have decided to wait patiently for my orders at CSG and PSA. Currently I have about 600 cards at CSG all delivered in late March and none entered in the system.  While my 100 cards at PSA were delivered in early April and they have been entered by PSA. Nevertheless, I have accepted the fact turnaround times at both companies will be 8 months are more. So I should get a nice Christmas package from both companies at the end of the year.  

10 hours ago, robotur said:

With the current state of sportcards grading and the backlogs at all companies, I have decided to wait patiently for my orders at CSG and PSA. Currently I have about 600 cards at CSG all delivered in late March and none entered in the system.  While my 100 cards at PSA were delivered in early April and they have been entered by PSA. Nevertheless, I have accepted the fact turnaround times at both companies will be 8 months are more. So I should get a nice Christmas package from both companies at the end of the year.  

Yeah well all we can do is wait. The number of people constantly complaining won't do a thing to help in any positive or constructive way. Like  the old axiom goes "Patience is a virtue. "

On 5/10/2021 at 5:43 PM, tmoore_25 said:

They were marked as received on Feb 26. I've actually gotten my economy order submitted at the same time back already at the end of March, beginning of April. This was prior to the PSA shutdown. My issue is that I submitted when there was a 60 day turnaround. Now its 133 days and somehow I'm sure CSG is going to put my order in the same category as those being submitted today. Even though they claim a FIFO system, any card submitted at a higher level is going to get put in front of bulk. So the onslaught of cards they have been receiving since the shutdown is stopping mine from being returned.

Business days. Weekends don't count. I was in system before you at bulk and the original timeframe (which is no longer valid) hasn't been hit yet for business days. And of this week would be right around my earliest potential time. I'm in Grading/QC after thick-case delay and then their credit card issue. Hopefully orders are still somewhat worked in order of receipt on bulk side. 

On 5/19/2021 at 6:31 PM, CollectorBB said:

Business days. Weekends don't count. I was in system before you at bulk and the original timeframe (which is no longer valid) hasn't been hit yet for business days. And of this week would be right around my earliest potential time. I'm in Grading/QC after thick-case delay and then their credit card issue. Hopefully orders are still somewhat worked in order of receipt on bulk side. 

You said you were in Grading/QC after thick case delay. Did they tell you that they got thicker cases in? I'm being told that is what is holding mine up and they continue to say every week they haven't gotten the cases yet. This past Friday is the 60 day mark for my original order. If the turnaround time was 60 days back then (now that I think about it, I think it was actually 40 back then), how can anything submitted after that have an affect on our timeline? They are supposed to work on a first in/first out system. I understand that currently with PSA shutdown and all that they will be getting many, many more submissions. That SHOULD affect their turnaround time for those cards. Ours on the other hand should not be affected. My Economy order that was submitted in the same box, was received on Feb 26 and shipped back to me with all cards graded on Mar 11.

14 hours ago, tmoore_25 said:

You said you were in Grading/QC after thick case delay. Did they tell you that they got thicker cases in? I'm being told that is what is holding mine up and they continue to say every week they haven't gotten the cases yet. This past Friday is the 60 day mark for my original order. If the turnaround time was 60 days back then (now that I think about it, I think it was actually 40 back then), how can anything submitted after that have an affect on our timeline? They are supposed to work on a first in/first out system. I understand that currently with PSA shutdown and all that they will be getting many, many more submissions. That SHOULD affect their turnaround time for those cards. Ours on the other hand should not be affected. My Economy order that was submitted in the same box, was received on Feb 26 and shipped back to me with all cards graded on Mar 11.

No, I've not asked the customer service crew what deal is since back in Grading/QC a second time. I had to contact them a second time after getting a second invoice for my original order and was immediately referred to financial side -- had to call and give number again to pay for whatever reason. I was charged finally so hopefully that gets me back in the game and shipping soon. None of my cards were obvious thicker ones so ... who knows at this point. I would assume bulk orders are shipping oldest first ... that would make the most sense ... but, maybe that's not the case. I already got an Express card sent with a second bulk batch (before price hike) graded and back ... so hopefully my bulk from Feb. 25 is sometime soon. 

7 minutes ago, CollectorBB said:

No, I've not asked the customer service crew what deal is since back in Grading/QC a second time. I had to contact them a second time after getting a second invoice for my original order and was immediately referred to financial side -- had to call and give number again to pay for whatever reason. I was charged finally so hopefully that gets me back in the game and shipping soon. None of my cards were obvious thicker ones so ... who knows at this point. I would assume bulk orders are shipping oldest first ... that would make the most sense ... but, maybe that's not the case. I already got an Express card sent with a second bulk batch (before price hike) graded and back ... so hopefully my bulk from Feb. 25 is sometime soon. 

Getting charged doesn't make it any closer unfortunately, I paid on I believe April 12th and turnaround time was originally stated on their website as soon as the package got there the time would start not from when it was entered