• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where are the larger cases that everyone is waiting for?

12 posts in this topic

Since it takes forever for a moderator to approve anything in the "Ask CSG" thread, I figured I would post this here.

As many of us know, our orders are being held back because you are waiting on larger holders because one or more cards in our orders are too large for your regular cases. The problem is that every week, you continuously tell us they will be in next week.  You said that this week. You said that three weeks ago. You tell all of us the same thing. How is it that a company that's clearly spending a significant amount of money with its primary supplier of the one item they need in order to conduct business can't pick up the phone and find out when the cases will be here? I think you might already have the answer but simply don't want to anger your customers by telling them that it is going to be a month or longer before you will actually get them. Give me the number. I'll call them and ask since you clearly won't.

You're starting to cross into the lack of transparency lane and that is going to drive a lot of your customers to your competitors. 

Kobe Bryant 1999-00 Donruss Flair Showcase Elevators #4 of 10 CSG 9 MINT | eBay

Check out this Kobe in a mysteriously larger case. How about this photo posted on Blowout of the larger case comparison.

Larger Case.jpg

Edited by tmoore_25

On 5/7/2021 at 11:20 PM, tmoore_25 said:

Since it takes forever for a moderator to approve anything in the "Ask CSG" thread, I figured I would post this here.

As many of us know, our orders are being held back because you are waiting on larger holders because one or more cards in our orders are too large for your regular cases. The problem is that every week, you continuously tell us they will be in next week.  You said that this week. You said that three weeks ago. You tell all of us the same thing. How is it that a company that's clearly spending a significant amount of money with its primary supplier of the one item they need in order to conduct business can't pick up the phone and find out when the cases will be here? I think you might already have the answer but simply don't want to anger your customers by telling them that it is going to be a month or longer before you will actually get them. Give me the number. I'll call them and ask since you clearly won't.

You're starting to cross into the lack of transparency lane and that is going to drive a lot of your customers to your competitors. 

I didn't realize they were holding orders now. They told me back in March the holders would be available in April but sent the card back to me with an oversized label. Guess that means it's not time to resub that card. That's rough that your entire order is held up over a few cards. That's rough bro, hopefully they actually get it done soon.

This is starting to get ridiculous. I paid $555.00 on April 2 and still have not received a single graded card.  I’m told that its held up waiting on the larger holders so my entire bulk order is held up for just a few cards. I have heard that they have some of the larger holders and you can get one if you pay enough but they are holding bulk orders hostage until they get more. I even offered to pay an extra shipping charge to get the cards already slabbed back but they wouldn’t put in the effort to do that. I wish they would at least post the grades. 

Beckett says they are still working June 28, 2020

PSA just finished an order submitted in September 2020.

I think its' going to be a while. Just talked with customer service. They said that larger cases are not in or being used. I submitted my cards beginning of March in bulk. Was told about a month ago that they were graded and I was charged, but that the cards were being held because a couple/few measure slightly larger and needed the new cases. When I submitted (before PSA shutdown, etc), turnaround time was 60 days. Customer service now says that I should expect to get cards back based on turnaround time currently on the website, which is now 133 days. While they are shipping some regular orders back and not slabbing the ones that are too large, they are just holding bulk orders even if everything is graded. No ETA on when larger cases will be in. So I'm not expecting to get my cards back for a while based on this conversation. And not super excited about submitting another order any time soon - at least until they work things out and I get my first order back.  

6 minutes ago, Mark Schlosberg said:

I think its' going to be a while. Just talked with customer service. They said that larger cases are not in or being used. I submitted my cards beginning of March in bulk. Was told about a month ago that they were graded and I was charged, but that the cards were being held because a couple/few measure slightly larger and needed the new cases. When I submitted (before PSA shutdown, etc), turnaround time was 60 days. Customer service now says that I should expect to get cards back based on turnaround time currently on the website, which is now 133 days. While they are shipping some regular orders back and not slabbing the ones that are too large, they are just holding bulk orders even if everything is graded. No ETA on when larger cases will be in. So I'm not expecting to get my cards back for a while based on this conversation. And not super excited about submitting another order any time soon - at least until they work things out and I get my first order back.  

At this point it's all nonsense I am having the same issue people need to start reporting to the better business bureau

Responses by CSG stopped on forums, they give generic answers on Twitter, and the have been silent about increases in turnaround time and checking in packages. Silence is very telling, CSG is sinking and they still want our money upfront in membership fees. They really need someone to say something. They said they would quickly catch up on receiving packages. 

I’m in the same boat, sent order in February, paid over $1k in April and they said I’m waiting for larger cases and that it would be end of May.. the problem is, you can’t charge the bulk submitters April 1 and then joe blow pays for express services on April 15th and you give him the new cases that were in order for the bulk submitters.. pretty pissed that I was charged and not notified that my order would be delayed by 2 months..

Before the past 3 weeks they always responded quickly , now silence that people are mad and saying how they paid a month or more ago. It's a ponzi scheme taking money from bulk to pay for bigger holders that are being used for quicker turnaround orders. Then eventually they will take the money from more bulk order people who will be in our situation now to pay for our overdue orders holders and so on and so forth 

Any news on the larger cases? At this point, once CSG gets the larger cases and returns all the bulk orders that are waiting, their market share should go through the roof and hopefully the value of the slabs will follow.

56 minutes ago, Ddunn1010 said:

Any news on the larger cases? At this point, once CSG gets the larger cases and returns all the bulk orders that are waiting, their market share should go through the roof and hopefully the value of the slabs will follow.

CSG currently has two holder sizes: the standard CSG holder and a slightly thicker version for odd sizes. CSG will soon introduce the CSG Thick Holder, available in a range of thicknesses, for cards that are thicker than the standard size. An announcement will be made as soon as the CSG Thick Holder ready.

That is the response I got, my thickest card is a select silver i figured that would fall under slightly thicker?