• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How long to go from 'Received' to 'Scheduled for Grading'?

18 posts in this topic

It was about 5 weeks from the point CSG physically received the card. Sent 3/24, received 3/29...entered as received in system on 5/4.  Has anyone found an average time it take to get to the next step, scheduling - for standard service? Average time to get to grading from scheduled?  Thanks!

Edit: 5/11/2021 Though I didnt get a notification, we are now scheduled for grading. So, would be a week or less after receiving the card in this case.

Edited by The Break Brothers

Standard tier order of 5 cards and no sub-grades - Fedex delivered March 22, Marked received in CSG system on April 23 - no more updates since then. It has been 11 business days since received and I think the turnaround for standard is 32, so hoping it gets mailed out by end of month.

It's tough to figure out timing. 8+ days ago, was scheduled for grading. I few days later I received an invoice which I paid. Now a week later, the status is still scheduled for grading. I am not sure if the clock starts when they "receive" it in their system. According to their website, the 8 steps are:

1) Receiving
2) Verification
3) Authentication
----> Invoice sent here
4) Grading
5) Encapsulation
6) Imaging
7) Quality Control
8) Packaging and Shipping

Apparently I'm in the status between steps 3 and 4. Which sucks, as Took 6 weeks to be received in the system for 25-day service (received 3/29, 5/4 in system)...looks like will be a while still given FIFO and took 6 weeks to receive.

Official Status Explanations (which aren't as granular as their 8 steps)...

Received

The submitted cards have been counted and entered in CSG’s computer system along with the submitter information, submission date and requested service(s).

In the next step, a detailed description of each card will be entered in CSG’s computer system (a process commonly called “verification”). The cards will be separated from any paperwork that would identify the submitter and the submission will be prepared for grading.

Scheduled for Grading

Each card has now been described in detail in CSG’s computer system and checked against the submitter’s descriptions. A unique identification number has been assigned to each card. These identification numbers are printed on temporary holders and will be used to track each card throughout CSG’s grading process.

Submissions are then arranged by service and received date so that they can be graded on a "first in-first out" basis by service level.

Grading / Quality Control

Cards are authenticated, graded and encapsulated. Once encapsulated, they are re-examined to verify that the grade and accompanying description is correct. The holder is also checked for defects such as scuffs or nicks.

Finalized / Imaged / Shipped

Cards have been inspected and approved in Quality Control, photographed, carefully packaged and returned to the submitter. Grades are now available for viewing online.

Same problem here. They have to improve this. I'm waiting for them to change my account to say they have received the cards. I know they received them on 4/9 and it's 5/21 and nothing is updated. It just makes me so nervous, trying out a new grader and it takes this long just to change status to received. I have tried contacting them and I get nothing back, but a form letter. I just am anxious that they have lost them or they were stolen.

rhsiv - I'm in the same boat.  They rec'd on 4/11, but nothing has been entered into the system yet.  I thought I'd give them one chance with a submission and see how it turned out.  I know it will take awhile now, which is understandable with the changing grading landscape.  But I doubt I will send another sub, at least until I see what PSA comes out with for bulk submissions when they are back on line this summer.  If the lowest PSA price is $40 or $50 per, it's possible I'd give CSG another shot.  But if PSA still has the $20 level again, I'd still probably use PSA.

33 minutes ago, AM Cards said:

rhsiv - I'm in the same boat.  They rec'd on 4/11, but nothing has been entered into the system yet.  I thought I'd give them one chance with a submission and see how it turned out.  I know it will take awhile now, which is understandable with the changing grading landscape.  But I doubt I will send another sub, at least until I see what PSA comes out with for bulk submissions when they are back on line this summer.  If the lowest PSA price is $40 or $50 per, it's possible I'd give CSG another shot.  But if PSA still has the $20 level again, I'd still probably use PSA.

While I agree CSG should show on your "status" page that it has been received (rather than making you inout the tracking number), they do note on their turnaround times page "now opening boxes received 3/29", so technically the way they have it set up, you should not see an update given your dates. Actually, I just got it right now.... since they have not opened your package yet, they cant populate your personal status bar, and that is why they have the input box where you can check the tracking to ensure it has arrived.

Not the best strategy, but it seems like things are technically tracking.

This sucks, another week has gone by, and now almost 3 weeks in "Scheduled for grading". Zero chance this place hits the 25 day turnaround, only months after launch. We submit almost weekly to HGA, and getting them back in 10 days at the same price as CSGs 25-days. HGA is currently eating CSGs lunch.

2 hours ago, The Break Brothers said:

This sucks, another week has gone by, and now almost 3 weeks in "Scheduled for grading". Zero chance this place hits the 25 day turnaround, only months after launch. We submit almost weekly to HGA, and getting them back in 10 days at the same price as CSGs 25-days. HGA is currently eating CSGs lunch.

How do you get in to HGA on a weekly basis? I tried for 2 months, twice weekly before giving up

2 hours ago, nickdrizzle said:

How do you get in to HGA on a weekly basis? I tried for 2 months, twice weekly before giving up

Not sure, I usually bring it up on both phone and desktop, and one of the two always gets a reasonable spot. We put orders in up to twice per week. We haven't experienced any difficulty that we've seen other express. Not sure why, maybe just getting lucky over and over. I'd keep trying though, its usually Tuesdays at 5pm (EST) and Fridays at 9pm (EST).

yup and they will give you the run around , customer serivce is good but everything they say to you is scripted , they have a few excuses they keep using but its really a fu to customers 

Today, my sub went from 'scheduled for grading' to 'grading/quality control'. I wish I had received an email notification; instead of stumbling on that the status had changed. Seems like an easy thing that builds customer service. As a programmer, its a just a trigger. Status changed, trigger an email with the new status. With HGA I get an email at each step, received, scanned, graded, printed label, slabbed, packaging/shipping. Getting emails alleviated stress, and saved me time of having to check all the time on the site, wondering if something changed. Little thing, but transparency goes a long way in customer service. I'm shocked with CSG being in business for 100 years, that this had eluded them.

On 5/21/2021 at 10:25 AM, AM Cards said:

Honestly, not sure if we'll ever see PSA prices hit $20/card or below🙄

21 hours ago, jsrva said:

I had a BULK order that was received in the system 4/24 move to Scheduled For Grading today, June 2.

Good to hear yours is moving. We just got notification that ours is graded and shipped. It had hit grading/Quality Control on Tuesday. Once it is received here (tomorrow) we will update our whole timeline for an standard 25-day order (25 day option at the time it was sent). CSG physically received it 3/29.

On 6/1/2021 at 9:04 PM, ItismeH said:

Honestly, not sure if we'll ever see PSA prices hit $20/card or below🙄

It will be really interesting what happens with the bulk service when PSA comes back.  I think it will be the last thing they put back out there, but I do think they'll still have something, since they want money from people joining the collectors club.  But if it's more than $25 or so, not sure what I'd do.