• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sub-grade price?

6 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, newbielover said:

I wonder if $10 for sub-grades is really the right price point.  Doesn't the grader essentially determine the four sub-grades anyway?  Why not make it a reasonable $2 or 3 bucks... I would've added it to each card in my 125 card bulk order.  Curious if others feel the same...

I'm not sure what a fair price would be, but I almost feel like if they wanted to use this as a positive instead of how people perceive it right now, they should have set their grading prices with the $10 already included and then offered a $10 discount to anyone who doesn't want the sub-grades.  Same money in the end, but people do love to see the word discount (and definitely hate the word upcharge) :D

11 hours ago, newbielover said:

I wonder if $10 for sub-grades is really the right price point.  Doesn't the grader essentially determine the four sub-grades anyway?  Why not make it a reasonable $2 or 3 bucks... I would've added it to each card in my 125 card bulk order.  Curious if others feel the same...

I feel $3-5 would have been a good price point... but personally I always get the subgrades, especially with how the label looks without them.