• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When do you pay? Once CSG gets cards or once they are graded?

4 posts in this topic

I was not able to find this answer anywhere.

If I submit 20 cards, do I pay immediately or do I pay when they are in the finishing stages?

Does the answer also apply if I send my cards in with an approved group submission?

Thank you

On 5/3/2021 at 9:13 PM, QueenCityCards said:

I was not able to find this answer anywhere.

If I submit 20 cards, do I pay immediately or do I pay when they are in the finishing stages?

Does the answer also apply if I send my cards in with an approved group submission?

Thank you

Thank you for your question. CSG processes credit card payments when a submission enters the grading phase of the certification process. This reduces the time between when credit cards are charged and when submissions are returned.

On 5/6/2021 at 11:42 AM, NicholePer said:

Thank you for your question. CSG processes credit card payments when a submission enters the grading phase of the certification process. This reduces the time between when credit cards are charged and when submissions are returned.

But what if someone undervalued certain cards in their submission and there is the need for an upcharge? Thank you. 

Here’s a hypothetical. Say I get in an accident and have to shell out $1000s on a repair just as an order goes to grading. Does CSG have a policy for late payment? Do they grade and just hold cards until payment is made? Is there some kind of deadline? Do they get mailed back ungraded or just kept and sold? Always was interested in that question