• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dallas card show, nationals?
1 1

24 posts in this topic

Will you guys be there and if yes will there be on site grading or authentication? Hopefully, you guys will be on more local shows statewide as I really do like your slabs.  I believe as more people see your slabs, it will get more recognition.  I'm from Dallas, went to a small card show sponsored by Dallas Card Show in fort worth this week, couldn't see a single CSG slab. Expecting to see those pop out in the big show 450+ tables this May 20-23. I'll also be in the nationals hunting for more Tim Duncan and hoping some of the slabs I sent to you guys would be back then, some to keep, some to sell/trade :-)

On 5/3/2021 at 8:51 AM, jdmtdcollector said:

Will you guys be there and if yes will there be on site grading or authentication? Hopefully, you guys will be on more local shows statewide as I really do like your slabs.  I believe as more people see your slabs, it will get more recognition.  I'm from Dallas, went to a small card show sponsored by Dallas Card Show in fort worth this week, couldn't see a single CSG slab. Expecting to see those pop out in the big show 450+ tables this May 20-23. I'll also be in the nationals hunting for more Tim Duncan and hoping some of the slabs I sent to you guys would be back then, some to keep, some to sell/trade :-)

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, we will not be there. Our graders are working on grading here in Florida. Here is a link to show all the events we will attend in the future. https://www.csgcards.com/submit/events/

On 5/10/2021 at 12:55 PM, NicholePer said:

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, we will not be there. Our graders are working on grading here in Florida. Here is a link to show all the events we will attend in the future. https://www.csgcards.com/submit/events/

How can you not be attending the National ?? I can understand not doing on site grading, but at least having a booth for folks to drop off packages to get graded. Maybe offer some daily drawings for free grading, some type of marketing 

Edited by Benny Harris

On 5/21/2021 at 3:59 AM, Benny Harris said:

How can you not be attending the National ?? I can understand not doing on site grading, but at least having a booth for folks to drop off packages to get graded. Maybe offer some daily drawings for free grading, some type of marketing 

Way easier said than done. We don't know for sure how backed up they really are and what kind of hoops (logistics) they would have needed to go through especially since CSG only opened for business in February.

Edited by ItismeH
typo

Lets not forget CSG is under the Certified Collectables Group (CCG) umbrella, who have been in business for decades (grading currency, coins, comics, non-sports card). I understand that CSG has to stand on its own, but come on throw a bit more money at your new sister company and get them to shows. The more collectors who use CSG now will help solidify CSG as a legit grading resource before PSA and BGS go back to normal. Think BGS, PSA and CSG as the big 3 (I just don't see SGC as building much value to a collection [maybe vintage]).

No shows...literally just listened to a top podcast raving about how SGC impressed everyone at a big Wisconsin card show. Don't even need to grade, just have a marketing presence. This has got to change. I doubt the marketers/sales teams are grading cards...

This just shows how much they really care about growing their business. I have said elsewhere that I really think CSG was created solely for those people who already submit to CCG for other services. I don't think they really care about obtaining new customers very much. If so, their marketing team needs to be fired. But hey, you can attend their CSG Academy for a "Sports Card Grading Seminar" that is really just a fancy way of saying it's a job fair so they hopefully can hire some more people so they can get the orders that have literally not moved to you one day earlier.

I almost wish I didn't have 50 cards in to be graded.. There are numerous issues that I think they failed on when they opened, & still are.

Pop report, holder size, present at big shows and other known issues that the guys from BGS that they hired should have been aware of and things in place before they opened.

And last but not least.. they'll give you the fluff corporate answer on the message board but when it starts getting a little more involved they stop replying.

Edited by Picklepete

14 minutes ago, Picklepete said:

And last but not least.. they'll give you the fluff corporate answer on the message board but when it starts getting a little more involved they stop replying.

This right here has been one of the most irritating things about it to me. Anytime someone ask something of any substance it's completely ignored.

2 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

This right here has been one of the most irritating things about it to me. Anytime someone ask something of any substance it's completely ignored.

Me too I made a post on here asking if people can get their orders back with the cards waiting for the thicker holders ungraded and it never even got approved 

Gotta say it again...MARKETING COULD ATTEND THE SHOW. Graders would be great, but there is no reason AT ALL that marketing doesn't have a booth at the national. While we're at it, why don't they have a job fair table set up at National? They are hiring substantially right?

On 5/29/2021 at 5:37 PM, Picklepete said:

Another reason they are not currently doing shows..

They wouldn't be able to answer all our tough questions !

But..but.. its coming soon.

I swear.. Lol

I just clicked your name and read all the post you have currently made on these forums... WOW how much is HGA paying you to just talk all day long ? 

On 6/2/2021 at 3:12 PM, Benny Harris said:

I just clicked your name and read all the post you have currently made on these forums... WOW how much is HGA paying you to just talk all day long ? 

You don't know jack.

I work for nobody.. but if I'm spending my hard earned (retired $$) on grading (yes I have 40 cards at csg)..  I sure as hell will point out the issues that need to be addressed !

You should be glad.. what are you a little sheep that keeps quiet all the time ?!

Oh.. Can't say anything, everything will be fixed..... SOON 👍

On 6/2/2021 at 3:12 PM, Benny Harris said:

oh & another thing, like I pointed out.

Check & see if csg has replied to anything I pointed out with a response.. I'll wait....

On 6/3/2021 at 5:25 PM, Picklepete said:

oh & another thing, like I pointed out.

Check & see if csg has replied to anything I pointed out with a response.. I'll wait....

I wouldn't reply to your either lolol Go back to HGA forums oh wait they don't have any lol

On 6/3/2021 at 5:22 PM, Picklepete said:

You don't know jack.

I work for nobody.. but if I'm spending my hard earned (retired $$) on grading (yes I have 40 cards at csg)..  I sure as hell will point out the issues that need to be addressed !

You should be glad.. what are you a little sheep that keeps quiet all the time ?!

Oh.. Can't say anything, everything will be fixed..... SOON 👍

You are missing the whole point.... NOTHING is going to get fixed SOON for any of the grading companies.....