• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting information from customer service

11 posts in this topic

Customer service has a new clarification from management: 

The turn times are supposed to be based on day received NOT the day logged. Customer service person said there was a clarification received this week. Supposedly, packages received on specific days are filed away per day. So if USPS says the got package on 3/24 (my date), the turn date should be X business days (depending on service level) from then. 

She also said that this notion that putting one express order in same box with rest will not change the turn time on the non-express cards. The box will indeed be opened earlier, but only the ones that you paid more for will be done more quickly. 

We'll see if any of this turns out to be true...

On 4/30/2021 at 1:25 PM, Philip Golden said:

The turn times are supposed to be based on day received NOT the day logged. Customer service person said there was a clarification received this week. Supposedly, packages received on specific days are filed away per day. So if USPS says the got package on 3/24 (my date), the turn date should be X business days (depending on service level) from then. 

She also said that this notion that putting one express order in same box with rest will not change the turn time on the non-express cards. The box will indeed be opened earlier, but only the ones that you paid more for will be done more quickly. 

You might be right, but I have an Express order that is only Scheduled for Grading after 34 business days.  Delivered on 3/17, Received 4/13.  So, I'm thinking they're just trying to keep their head above water.  Still not impressed with the transparency.  

On 4/30/2021 at 12:25 PM, Philip Golden said:

I can tell you 100% not true. I have 4 bulk orders from 3/25 not entered. I have an order I placed after that with an express. That order is in system. So my express order, with 1 bulk order, jumped my other 4 packages of bulk only. I just sent in a box today that arrived as Unlimited walk through,  will see what happens there.. 

I put a couple of express card submissions in my March 25th bulk submission & I still do not have any "submissions" listed on my account. It still says "no submissions have been sent in the last 3 months". So I would say, no your order does not move faster.

On 4/30/2021 at 1:25 PM, Philip Golden said:

Hope this is true about when the turn around time actually starts. Think people will be a lot happier knowing the clock starts sooner than the "Recieved" in the computer.... Then again people will always find something to moan about.

12 hours ago, Jeremiah Gardner said:

I put a couple of express card submissions in my March 25th bulk submission & I still do not have any "submissions" listed on my account. It still says "no submissions have been sent in the last 3 months". So I would say, no your order does not move faster.

Did you mark Express "EX" on the outside of the box? If not, you kinda screwed yourself. They've clarified that if it is not notated on the outside of the box it's EX or WK, it goes into the black hole of general submissions.

On 5/3/2021 at 9:07 PM, KBost33 said:

I can tell you 100% not true. I have 4 bulk orders from 3/25 not entered. I have an order I placed after that with an express. That order is in system. So my express order, with 1 bulk order, jumped my other 4 packages of bulk only. I just sent in a box today that arrived as Unlimited walk through,  will see what happens there.. 

what they are saying is that you might see the order logged because of that, but they will not grade the standard order cards at same time as the express

I talked to customer rep today, since I have a box that was received on 3/24 and they are opening 3/29 stuff. He said, "Sometimes we make human error and boxes get put on the wrong weeks pallets. But we are trying to catch that. Sometimes the boxes bled into the wrong week".. not 100% per verbatim, but close... so, my box got put on wrong weeks pallet. Sigh. And my UNLIMTED walk through, that arrived on Monday, was overlooked and they went and found it today. Supposedly go right in today... still no update on that.

1 hour ago, KBost33 said:

I talked to customer rep today, since I have a box that was received on 3/24 and they are opening 3/29 stuff. He said, "Sometimes we make human error and boxes get put on the wrong weeks pallets. But we are trying to catch that. Sometimes the boxes bled into the wrong week".. not 100% per verbatim, but close... so, my box got put on wrong weeks pallet. Sigh. And my UNLIMTED walk through, that arrived on Monday, was overlooked and they went and found it today. Supposedly go right in today... still no update on that.

i also have a package they received 3/24 with no sign of life, so i sort of doubt their excuse.

Yeah... the "now opening submissions of X week" is pointless. There is a big difference between "opening week of" and "complete through dates" for each service level. Not sure why CSG is dancing around that. I assume it is because they are terribly backed up, which is understandable. Better to own up to that though, than play it off like everything is fine.