• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please Provide a specific explanation why a card was returned ungraded

7 posts in this topic

A few of my cards from my submission were returned ungraded, with no explanation as to why this action was taken. The grader knew why, please give some consideration to your customer and provide this information. It would be appreciated. 
Thank You

• Administrator
20 hours ago, DKP1694433746 said:

A few of my cards from my submission were returned ungraded, with no explanation as to why this action was taken. The grader knew why, please give some consideration to your customer and provide this information. It would be appreciated. 
Thank You

Hello @DKP1694433746,

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear that a few cards were not graded. The "Raw" cards should have included a CSG label with a code referenced below. If you still have submission specific questions please contact our customer service team as they would be happy to help!

(+1) 888 CSG 4723

https://www.csgcards.com/card-grading/cards-we-grade/

image.png

Regarding what Matt G posted, that doesn't seem to true in all instances.  I received a card back that simply had an "OVERSIZED" sticker on the penny sleeve.  No other comments and charged me the full grading fee.  So if there are any other grading notes available (and there must be something since it was given a ID number) I'd like to see them since I paid for them. 

5 hours ago, PunsRTonsOfFun said:

I’ll be honest, with all the discussion I’m seeing on cards returned ungraded yet charged a fee, I’m having second thoughts about submitting to CSG.

Yeah well they do have all of their regulations and requirements in place... My thing is with the many grading companies to choose from, competition and options are always a plus. 

On 3/27/2021 at 6:15 PM, ItismeH said:

Yeah well they do have all of their regulations and requirements in place... My thing is with the many grading companies to choose from, competition and options are always a plus. 

Unfortunately, even though CGC (their comics grading business) has been around for years and they made some hires from BGS, this group is still a start up and seems to have missed leveraging off the lessons learned and processes used in the more mature businesses.

Case in point #1: Sent in books to CGC at the same time as cards to CSG.  The comic book side has links to the shipping tracking info when I click on the link of "shipped".  My cards were just listed as "shipped" and showed up in my mailbox 5 business days after marked as "shipped".  The comic side allows me to see the grader's notes as why a book got the grade.  Nothing like that on the card side.

Case in point #2:  Conflicts within their own policies their "Legal Terms and Conditions"

https://www.csgcards.com/legal/terms-and-conditions/

#13. 

1. A Company has the right in its sole discretion to reject any collectibles submitted for Services in cases where the submitted collectibles do not comply with a Company’s then-current standards and procedures set forth on its website. Because even collectibles that are ultimately rejected must still be received, tracked and examined, fees for Services shall not be refunded for such rejected collectibles.

This statement clearly conflicts with what Matt G posted above regarding "SU"

image.png.e90a569beafab92e9a88118c3842c779.png