• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is everyone's response to PSA shutdown an increase in prices?

27 posts in this topic

Until demand dies down there's no incentive for them to lower prices back to ordinary levels. If I had to guess, CSG will up their price to $20 a pop for bulk by this summer. 

CSG has about 200 of my cards right now, and are taking their sweet time. Most were submitted with Bulk, but I also have Economy and Express level orders submitted. Pretty annoying to not have the advertised "write Ex on the box so we open it right away" message honored. They won't care until enough pissed off customers contact the BBB, or worse, file a class action suite because they can't honor their turnaround times. And all this crappy service and they still have the gall to up prices. 

I tried CSG because of the PSA issues. I'll be switching back to PSA once they re-open their doors. Hopefully by then CSG will at least acknowledge that they received my EXPRESS orders. 

CSG bit off more than they can chew and customers are the ones who suffer. Change my mind CSG. 

15 hours ago, QueenCityCards said:

$12? Where is it $12? And they want $10 per card for subgrades. It's insane

See services and fees page of CSG web site.  New Bulk rate (50 card minimum) is $12 per card without subgrades.  Card must be under $250 in value.

Subgrades are not worth paying extra to get.  If you already have half-point, 1-10 scales, there are already 19-20 different grades CSG (or PSA) can give a card.  There's not much reason for sub-grades in my opinion at that point.  Beckett also started offering a "no subgrade service" for a lesser pricew about a year and a half ago because most collectors don't really care about subgrades anymore.

10 hours ago, xjdan89 said:

Until demand dies down there's no incentive for them to lower prices back to ordinary levels. If I had to guess, CSG will up their price to $20 a pop for bulk by this summer. 

CSG has about 200 of my cards right now, and are taking their sweet time. Most were submitted with Bulk, but I also have Economy and Express level orders submitted. Pretty annoying to not have the advertised "write Ex on the box so we open it right away" message honored. They won't care until enough pissed off customers contact the BBB, or worse, file a class action suite because they can't honor their turnaround times. And all this crappy service and they still have the gall to up prices. 

I tried CSG because of the PSA issues. I'll be switching back to PSA once they re-open their doors. Hopefully by then CSG will at least acknowledge that they received my EXPRESS orders. 

CSG bit off more than they can chew and customers are the ones who suffer. Change my mind CSG. 

You read my mind about the class action suite, i wonder what cost are to start one but bet you i got it. Last time customer service was very rude, very unbelievable like if you cant handle the pressure your in the wrong business lady, yes it was a lady. After my last submission ill be about $9k into grading with this company and yet i got treated like just for calling and telling them to send me cards back with one particular card not graded due to them not having the thicker slab, and omg lady was so annoyed with me i dont mind price increase even though the market for the cards is very low at the moment seems like not even 50% of PSA worth of equivalent. But when you've invested heavily into the brand and have an experience like that well thats just a slap to the face. And im not one to turn the other cheek. 

3 hours ago, coinstudentdeadeye said:

You read my mind about the class action suite, i wonder what cost are to start one but bet you i got it. Last time customer service was very rude, very unbelievable like if you cant handle the pressure your in the wrong business lady, yes it was a lady. After my last submission ill be about $9k into grading with this company and yet i got treated like just for calling and telling them to send me cards back with one particular card not graded due to them not having the thicker slab, and omg lady was so annoyed with me i dont mind price increase even though the market for the cards is very low at the moment seems like not even 50% of PSA worth of equivalent. But when you've invested heavily into the brand and have an experience like that well thats just a slap to the face. And im not one to turn the other cheek. 

They're smart enough to say the turnaround times are estimates. There is no lawyer who would be willing to take on this lawsuit. This is why I sent in only five cards. You have to test it out before making the big investment. 

4 hours ago, coinstudentdeadeye said:

You read my mind about the class action suite, i wonder what cost are to start one but bet you i got it. Last time customer service was very rude, very unbelievable like if you cant handle the pressure your in the wrong business lady, yes it was a lady. After my last submission ill be about $9k into grading with this company and yet i got treated like just for calling and telling them to send me cards back with one particular card not graded due to them not having the thicker slab, and omg lady was so annoyed with me i dont mind price increase even though the market for the cards is very low at the moment seems like not even 50% of PSA worth of equivalent. But when you've invested heavily into the brand and have an experience like that well thats just a slap to the face. And im not one to turn the other cheek. 

Google Vince McMahon WWE theme song and that will tell you what your odds are with a lawsuit... 

2 hours ago, KBost33 said:

Google Vince McMahon WWE theme song and that will tell you what your odds are with a lawsuit... 

lol Yeah i know its just very unjust the way these company's do business, there should be some committee or regulatory agency that keeps them in check because if a class suite is out of the picture I think that would be a reasonable alternative. They get to charge based off time and artificial value that we hope will kick in soon and yet they can tell you does are just estimates but promoting and profiting off of rates based on specific times and value. Just seems very shady to allow businesses to run a business model like this when there is so much money being poured in. Anyway im not against CSG or trying to wage war lol but i do find it funny they can just do as they please. All my orders have actually been timely delivered or better but that customer service is down right inadmissible, definitely not expected from a company with such prestige. Even if its NGC’s prestige