• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can my card still get a 9.5 if I dont buy sub grades?

17 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, CardHero said:

The only grade you can't get without subs should just be "10 Perfect".  No reason you couldn't get 9.5

This makes absolutely zero sense to me. A CARD'S GRADE ON THE LABEL SHOULD READ THE EXACT GRADE IT RECEIVED. 

****AT THE VERY LEAST, IF MY CARD QUALIFIES FOR A PERFECT 10, BUT SUBGRADES WEREN'T PURCHASED, CONTACT ME WITH THE OPPORTUNITY TO PAY UP FOR THE GRADE, IF YOU AREN'T JUST GOING TO GIVE IT TO ME ON THE ULTRA RARE OCCASION IT'S MERITED!!!

^ I agree, if your card would be a "10 Perfect", they should definitely contact you and give you that information and choice to add subs...it would be prestigious for them to have a known perfect card in a csg holder, as well as benefit the customer of course.

34 minutes ago, Chris1096 said:

Really? I had no idea you could not get a 10 perfect without buying sub grades. This seems like a loophole for selling and buying and on top of that a cash grab. First thing I have heard about CSG that I am very disappointed in.

You can get the 10 Pristine, just not the Perfect since you don't know if all 4 subs are 10s or not.

21 hours ago, CardHero said:

You can get the 10 Pristine, just not the Perfect since you don't know if all 4 subs are 10s or not.

But they obviously do, it seems like a really dumb move for all concerned not to put the actual grade the card received on the label. I mean it's not like we're paying you for that.... GREEDY AF