• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PSA DISASTER

13 posts in this topic

• Administrator
20 hours ago, Bryguywa said:

Does CSG have steps in place to prevent a monster back log like PSA is currently experiencing?? I think you guys are going to absolutely explode. 

Hi @Bryguywa

Thank you for your post. CSG, has expanded to a new facility and is actively hiring qualified candidates. 

https://www.csgcards.com/news/article/8919/ccg-new-building/

On 3/28/2021 at 8:45 PM, KLWalden said:

they are already weeks behind--hope it not a sign of the things to come

Care to elaborate how you are intimately aware of the backlog?  I'm not seeing consistantly late returns. I mentioned in another post that they will get backed up just SGC did,  but haven't noticed it yet.

20 minutes ago, tmoore_25 said:

Care to elaborate how you are intimately aware of the backlog?  I'm not seeing consistantly late returns. I mentioned in another post that they will get backed up just SGC did,  but haven't noticed it yet.

It's happening already. My 3/11 order I'd still not in the system. They said they are working on 3/8 orders. They've been saying this since I originally called on 3/18. Too many orders right now. Maybe do a lottery system like HGA?

my order delivered 3/8 still not entered yet either,  was told last week they are on 3/8 orders. I will feel better once I know they actually have them the psa tracking by the delivery tracking # is a good feature

that would help put minds at ease. 

Remember, them entering them into the system is the same thing as PSA Research and ID. They are probably getting a lot of orders and it takes time for them to go and make sure that what you put on the sheet is correct. Not to mention the lazy people who cannot even identify their own cards and send in 50 or 100 cards for them to research on their own.

Even then, they are still making turnaround times. PSA can't do anything timely and according to the emails they send out to their club members, they aren't going to address them any time in the near future.

Edited by tmoore_25

So they received my 64 cards on March 24th. I guess Ill just try and forget about it. I sent a submission to SGC and received it back in only 15 days this month. They are completely caught up but I am not willing to pay $25 a card to grade with their current market sales. I cant believe people are still paying top price for PSA with their investigations and scandals. I personally will never touch a PSA card. The integrity of CSG seems very promising with their track record on Coins, Comics, and game cards. I am looking forward to using them exclusively. I am just hoping they can get their return times down around 30 to 40 days for bulk submissions.

Edited by Chris1096

1 hour ago, Chris1096 said:

So they received my 64 cards on March 24th. I guess Ill just try and forget about it. I sent a submission to SGC and received it back in only 15 days this month. They are completely caught up but I am not willing to pay $25 a card to grade with their current market sales. I cant believe people are still paying top price for PSA with their investigations and scandals. I personally will never touch a PSA card. The integrity of CSG seems very promising with their track record on Coins, Comics, and game cards. I am looking forward to using them exclusively. I am just hoping they can get their return times down around 30 to 40 days for bulk submissions.

Well you sort of answered your own question on why/how SGC is caught up. They were only backed up because everyone else was shut down and our greed for grading cards to turn a profit forced many to send to them. They got a bigger facility, hired a ton of people, and even stopped bulk submissions for a while. Once PSA and others opened back up, and considering the lower sales value of SGC, people just went back to PSA. Now they have a lot of room and a whole bunch of people looking for something to do each day. Their turnaround times should be instantaneous. They've even opened up the group subs again.

In many cases people are sending so many cards in that they don't mind paying up for faster service with PSA because they know they will get their money back as soon as they sell the cards. I'm not saying SGC is bad. I have a certain category of card that I will be sending them still even though I was more than disappointed with my last sub with them. I won't send them modern cards again. PSA takes forever, they have 3 of my subs still sitting from October. I enjoy the sales value they offer but am so tired of the wait. HGA for me personally, is nice and the labels are a cool niche, but it just doesn't fit my collection. The younger, basketball and football crowd that grades everything from the last two years is the market they are attracting.  Once the "bubble" bursts, and those people go away, HGA will have to rebrand themselves. CSG is right where I want to be. Most of what I send is PC although I do sell some to help fund my next submission. They are not too expensive, even with subgrades which I think are better additions anyway, their turnaround times are good, and their reputation as an established parent company is stellar. 

I believe CSG is the real deal. I would love to have all my slabs CSG and SGC. you can’t beat SGC in customer service and turnaround time. They also grade well and I love the look of the slab. The jump to $25 stung tho. I still use them for decent PC Cards and I look for SGC slabs when buying secondary market cards. Always a discount. 

6 minutes ago, Bryguywa said:

I believe CSG is the real deal. I would love to have all my slabs CSG and SGC. you can’t beat SGC in customer service and turnaround time. They also grade well and I love the look of the slab. The jump to $25 stung tho. I still use them for decent PC Cards and I look for SGC slabs when buying secondary market cards. Always a discount. 

I have been using SGC for 10 years and have always been happy with them. You saying SGC is a discount is exactly why I am jumping ship. I am counting on CSG to take over the number 1 spot eventually if accountability and integrity have any place in grading cards. 

10 hours ago, tmoore_25 said:

Remember, them entering them into the system is the same thing as PSA Research and ID. They are probably getting a lot of orders and it takes time for them to go and make sure that what you put on the sheet is correct. Not to mention the lazy people who cannot even identify their own cards and send in 50 or 100 cards for them to research on their own.

Even then, they are still making turnaround times. PSA can't do anything timely and according to the emails they send out to their club members, they aren't going to address them any time in the near future.

I’m one of the lazy people.  With 5 kids all at home right now I just don’t have the time to enter all the required info.  Paying the extra two bucks for a quick submit is a great step for those that don’t have the time