• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

55pt and 75pt cards accepted?

20 posts in this topic

On 4/24/2021 at 7:14 PM, Bomba Squad Breaks said:

I know CSG has not started taking "thick" cards yet, but can card slightly thicker than standard be submitted? Like 55pt and 75pt cards? 2020-21 Topps UEFA Champions League Museum Collection base cards and Topps Inception for example? Thanks.

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately not at this time.  

23 hours ago, NicholePer said:

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately not at this time.  

In another thread you stated on 4/7 that CSG was accepting cards with up to 7.5mm thickness. Can you clarify your current statement or correct the other?

Thanks!

I sent in nothing but basic stuff, some Chrome/Prizm and some Ovation/Stadium Club slightly embossed cards from back in the day and am held up in "need thicker case" limbo ... so it's basically basic cards until they get their new cases in. Did seem odd I saw Action Packed cards out on eBay ... you'd think those are thicker. 

9 hours ago, CollectorBB said:

I sent in nothing but basic stuff, some Chrome/Prizm and some Ovation/Stadium Club slightly embossed cards from back in the day and am held up in "need thicker case" limbo ... so it's basically basic cards until they get their new cases in. Did seem odd I saw Action Packed cards out on eBay ... you'd think those are thicker. 

Did any of your cards finish grading and get grades or just in limbo? I'm asking since one card in my latest sub is a Prizm card. 

11 hours ago, ItismeH said:

Did any of your cards finish grading and get grades or just in limbo? I'm asking since one card in my latest sub is a Prizm card. 

I was in grading/QC and then it disappeared more than a week ago. Now I have grading/QC again as of today, so cases may be in hand now. (No grades yet.) 

Edited by ChrisOlds

15 minutes ago, CollectorBB said:

I was in grading/QC and then it disappeared more than a week ago. Now I have grading/QC again as of today, so cases may be in hand now. (No grades yet.) 

Same here for me. Fingers crossed that the new slabs are there....

21 hours ago, jbenn26 said:

My order is held up and has been for awhile over 1 single heritage chrome card needing a bigger holder apparently

Saw representative replying they are not grading F1 chrome refractor (55 point) at the moment, so I assume only 35 pts could be graded by CSG right now 

Just now, BY511 said:

Saw representative replying they are not grading F1 chrome refractor (55 point) at the moment, so I assume only 35 pts could be graded by CSG right now 

Which is fine, I just want my order back then with that card ungraded instead of waiting on holders I paid a month and a half ago 

13 minutes ago, BY511 said:

Wait, for real? They can't even handle regular refractor stock? That's ridiculous. My order is going to be held up for sure then.

27 minutes ago, nickdrizzle said:

I’m wondering if it depends on the service level. Bulk orders are not getting the bigger slabs but rumors say that some of the more expensive service levels are…

My bulk has finally hit the number of service days (at least what the approximate service time was when I subbed) and I'm in grading/QC but was told thicks were the delay. We'll see. I didn't send anything thicker than an embossed card or SPA base card stock.