• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ink Stain Help!!

7 posts in this topic

I’ll start by saying that I’ve never looked this close at my cards in the past and I’m starting to notice little things. I have a 1989 topps traded Aikman that I thought was perfect. Crisp corners, pristine edges, good centering, etc. but upon further inspection, it has an ink stain on the bottom border of the card. A small pink, red spot that I’m sure came from the pack that way. How far will it drop the overall grade of the card in your opinion? 

thanks, Danny

ECA7FDDB-9509-415B-90C3-EE16897B933D.jpeg

Each grading company may have their different standards. Thats my issue with PSA though I still send to them. Ive seen PSA 10's that are off centered especially with the earlier cards. It felt like they padded their starts before the boom so more people will send, and now they suddenly become very strict and rumours say controlling the population of tens. People will still send to them because of profits but as far as quality standards I trust BGS more and now starting to like CSG, thus sending my 6th batch this week.

On 4/23/2021 at 11:31 PM, DHoey07 said:

I’ll start by saying that I’ve never looked this close at my cards in the past and I’m starting to notice little things. I have a 1989 topps traded Aikman that I thought was perfect. Crisp corners, pristine edges, good centering, etc. but upon further inspection, it has an ink stain on the bottom border of the card. A small pink, red spot that I’m sure came from the pack that way. How far will it drop the overall grade of the card in your opinion? 

thanks, Danny

ECA7FDDB-9509-415B-90C3-EE16897B933D.jpeg

i got alot of ink stains in late 80s jordans and Montana rookies im hoping it doesnt effect the grade to much goodluck