• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Price chart just dropped- prices going up.

38 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Andy Gardecki said:

I hate to even say this considering how much I hate PSA right now, but CSG should have just raised the prices now... immediately.  Giving people a week's notice is only going to cause another onslaught of submissions (especially bulk and economy) so things will slow down even more.

Agree and I will be one of them. With people treating cardboard as an investment again everything is out of control until the next crash which personally I am looking forward too. As a personal collector i hate the investor groups. When people realize they are still over printing by companies making 20 different sets instead of printing a ton of one set the investor group will bail again and the real collectors can enjoy their hobby once more.

3 minutes ago, Chris1096 said:

Agree and I will be one of them. With people treating cardboard as an investment again everything is out of control until the next crash which personally I am looking forward too. As a personal collector i hate the investor groups. When people realize they are still over printing by companies making 20 different sets instead of printing a ton of one set the investor group will bail again and the real collectors can enjoy their hobby once more.

Why can't you enjoy hobby now without hoping for everyone to lose money on their collections now? Who looks forward to seeing a market crash so everyone can lose money, and they can buy cards cheap? What is a real collector, people who have a limited budget that want the big cards, but can't? I certainly don't have big money, but I don't want to see the market crash at all. I hope it goes up and up, and people who want to make money do. Confused by your post. 

The raise was so fast considering they just opened. Like they have no idea what they're doing. but PSA closed blah blah blah......they need another location on the west coast to absorb the demand and if they were smart at all...one in Texas. It's not like the costs wont cover them selves. Pay if off the first month. I like being able to send in old cards for 8.00... and not care that it grades an 8. I'm keeping it. you know. They need to do junk wax specials, no joke. All things considered junk wax all in all isn't really a large portion of the industry. That being said...I'm going to submit all my cards before the dead lines. ...i hope you're ready CSG. It's going to be a long weekend for me at the computer ;)

Important Reminder: "Please note that the fee updates will apply to CSG Online Submission Forms completed on or after April 28, 2021. The new fees will simply be reflected in the prices listed on the form. Submission forms completed before April 28, 2021, must be delivered to CSG’s facility by May 28, 2021, to qualify for the old pricing."

I think this was supposed to say on or before April 28, 2021

Not surprising at all but I think they should have waited until more people got their first submissions back before jacking the price.  But I am wishing I sent everything I wanted to get graded in on my first order instead of a small test order

1 hour ago, Greg Christiansen said:

Important Reminder: "Please note that the fee updates will apply to CSG Online Submission Forms completed on or after April 28, 2021. The new fees will simply be reflected in the prices listed on the form. Submission forms completed before April 28, 2021, must be delivered to CSG’s facility by May 28, 2021, to qualify for the old pricing."

I think this was supposed to say on or before April 28, 2021

Also curious whether that means RECEIVED IN THEIR SYSTEM by May 28 or just "it gets to their Post Office by then and they sign for it." Especially since we've seen recent 4-6 week lags in boxes physically being collected at their Post Office and orders actually being logged into their system.

14 minutes ago, Brandon Melnick said:

It says "delivered by" and they're giving us a month to get the old priced submissions to them, so really reasonable. Honestly wish they'd gone up a bit more and done it immediately, not in a week. 

From using both services CSG/CGC I can't tell if the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing or they're intentionally getting backlogged to have guaranteed business in case the card market collapses. They should jack prices up, currently CGC Trading cards has turned into a backlogged mess show and CSG is going the same route as though they aren't in the middle of dealing with this disaster in the other department.

5 hours ago, Greg Christiansen said:

The raise was so fast considering they just opened. Like they have no idea what they're doing.

Pretty much. They're literally doing the same thing they did with the trading cards on this side even though it's a mess over there.

4 hours ago, ItismeH said:

Increases were definitely expected and I love their transparency. I'm on board with CSG for the long haul!😁

Must be new here. They'll get you soon enough.

3 hours ago, Utah Dude said:

I understand the increase, the demand is high and they are being overwhelmed.  I'm just glad it was a reasonable increase and not the tripling that drove many away from SGC.

That was the point. High dollar cards only for them at the moment.

3 hours ago, Greg Christiansen said:

If you submit today ....you wont see it for 6-8 months at the earliest... i would bet.

The turnaround was 30 business days in Dec and they charged a lot of us upfront in the other service. Took 85 business to complete the order. A lot of people weren't very happy.

Says 80 for bulk at the moment on sports, so I'd say you're probably right at 6-8 months at least.

19 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Pretty much. They're literally doing the same thing they did with the trading cards on this side even though it's a mess over there.

Must be new here. They'll get you soon enough.

That was the point. High dollar cards only for them at the moment.

The turnaround was 30 business days in Dec and they charged a lot of us upfront in the other service. Took 85 business to complete the order. A lot of people weren't very happy.

Says 80 for bulk at the moment on sports, so I'd say you're probably right at 6-8 months at least.

Definitely not new here dude. I'm just smart and keep up to date with the latest info.🤙

5 hours ago, Greg Christiansen said:

If you submit today ....you wont see it for 6-8 months at the earliest... i would bet.

Their slowest tier or Bulk tier is currently at 80 business days, or 4 months. It was previously 60 business days aka 3 months. So only raised a month. Doesn’t seem to be at the level BGS and PSA were at though with wait times of 8-12 months.

6 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Their slowest tier or Bulk tier is currently at 80 business days, or 4 months. It was previously 60 business days aka 3 months. So only raised a month. Doesn’t seem to be at the level BGS and PSA were at though with wait times of 8-12 months.

Assuming their tiers work the same way, if you sent in at 60 days and it moves up you won't be at 60 days anymore. Every standard, express, and walkthrough that comes in is prioritized over bulk/econ. So if they start to get backlogged on standard it essentially slows the lower tiers to a crawl.