• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have the same issue ?

4 posts in this topic

I was told my submission is on hold and is waiting lager holders, Problem is I don’t have any oversized or thick cards in this submission. I was aware that they are not accepting those so I was sure not to send any. All modern cards in the sub.. so frustrating :( 

059D9609-A310-4FF7-9A57-E58879521572.jpeg

I have the same issue with an order I placed.  Customer service told me that there were two cards that were too big to be slabbed.  They also told me they did not expect to have the bigger slabs until the end of May.  I hope this is not the case as there are two cards in my order holding up the entire process.  Just to be clear, these were not thick cards I sent in simply slightly larger cut than standard instead of sending back raw with the grade flip saying oversized they are holding my shipment.

I've been seeing this in other posts also. From what I understand, and can verify from looking at my own CSG slabs is that they have very tight tolerances inside from edge to edge. If you notice, a bunch of 89 UD Griffey Jr RC's were getting returned as "Service Unavailable". Those cards that were sent back as Service Unavailable were too large for their current holders. I believe they have ordered some larger holders to accommodate cards that are very slightly oversized. I have heard different delivery dates for those newer slabs, from 2 weeks to 2 months. A lot of those vintage cards are cut at slightly different sizes and tolerances.