• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else waiting on Cards to be input from 3/24/2021

172 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jwhauser said:

That's not too bad.  I have a bulk order that was received on 4/9 that has been scheduled for grading for the past month plus.  At the time, the expected turn-around time was around 60 days.  My credit card was charged a couple weeks ago but the status hasn't changed.  I'm wondering if they just keep backing up the bulk orders to accommodate the higher tiered services.

A lot has happened in the card grading world since submitting my cards.  I get it.  I would just like to see some movement since the order has already been paid for.

lol... your order is moving faster than the pokemon guys that paid for orders back in dec/jan. i know this because i'm one of them

So my ..........5903 order is logged into the CSG system which was sent around 4/23.   However, and I am worried

my .......0009 was sent around 3/14 but is not in the system.    All three of these shipments below have confirmed 

tracking numbers that have delivered on them.

My account is c5187191

Order Confirmation #: CSG5495395903 shipped around 4/23

Order Confirmation #: CSG9049583141 shipped around 4/1

Order Confirmation #: CSG0062920009 shipped around 3/14

I might go with SGC also, wish I could get mine sent back. Pretty ridiculous how there have been so many examples on how to correct your backlog and no corrective actions have taken place. Who wants to wait as long as PSA for cards valued at what, half?

On 5/12/2021 at 9:28 PM, KBost33 said:

Dear CSG,

Why has my package, that was mailed on the 10th, went back and forth to Tampa and Sarasota, and now is waiting to be received again at SARASOTA facility?? Beyond ridiculous. So many screw ups so far with CSG- lost a package or "was put on wrong" pallet- UNLIMTED WALK THROUGH none the less that sat there for a week on "wrong pallet", not having credit card activated even though I used it ever time for every submit, and then this jacked up deal with this package. Should have been to me already. My packages from Kansas to them get there in 2 days. Not impressed so far. Let's go PSA, open back up.. I'd better be blown away with these slabs. 

Screenshot (498).png

lmao what an ignorant comment. If you knew anything about shipping and the USPS tracking system you'd know this is a tracking issue and nothing to do with CSG. 

Some of these posts in this thread are just pathetic in their understanding of how the real world works. 

On 5/30/2021 at 6:00 PM, MountainG said:

Only blame is the lack of response to the situation. SGC reacted accordingly, BGS dgaf,  CSG got buried. Maybe start limiting bulk orders? eliminate lower tier services till psa reopens? I'm no expert but some kind of reaction was warranted.

I completely agree with you. They should absolutely cut off Bulk submissions right now, if not all their lower tiered submissions. 

But yes, I 100% agree. 

I have 13 different orders I sent CSG from April 10 - May 20. All have been delivered and the first was delivered on 4/15. A mix of bulk and faster tiers. None have been marked as received or are in the system at all yet. Some of the upper tiered submissions and the first few bulk orders are already at or past their then stated turnaround times. Realistically didn't know if they could live up to those, and obviously they couldn't. But I'm 2 months in on some of these submissions and have seen ZERO PROGRESS, NOT EVEN RECOGNITION THAT THEY HAVE THEM. Watching this all progress since April would have been comical if I wasn't directly affected by their incompetence. It's a bit disturbing. Won't be sending these guys any more cards, that's for sure... HEY GUYS HOW ABOUT A BAR CODE OR QR CODE SYSTEM? insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. 

Edited by Brandon Melnick

It took three+ weeks to acknowledge that my bulk (54 card) order had been received.

Received: 5/4

No status change as of 6/11, still marked as "received."

And now I see that the bulk turnaround time is estimated at 199 days.

When I sent in the cards it was 30 days... then 60... then 80... now 199. In what service industry is that even remotely acceptable?

I am resigned to the fact that I sent in cards from my personal collection and may never see them again. *poof* They are gone. It's incredibly frustrating and to be honest, emotional.

I agree, we are all in the same boat and the turn-around times are completely unrealistic now with PSA and BGS not taking submissions.  I have four orders currently sitting at CSG.  One just moved to "Grading/Quality Control" yesterday, one still sitting in "Scheduled for Grading", and two higher-tiered submissions that haven't been checked in yet after a month and a half (tracking # confirmation states it's sitting safely at the facility).  Last Monday was the due date on my first two orders based on the turn around time posted at the time it was delivered.  It's frustrating that we have to wait but I currently have a large order (my last) sitting at PSA that's been there since last year.

My cards are safe and I know I will get them back, just not as quickly as I want them.  We are still dealing with one of the most reputable authentication companies out there when you consider CGC has been in business for over 20 years.

I'm not trying to minimize everyone's frustration but it's completely out of our control.  Our cards are safe and we will be happy once we get them back. 

8 hours ago, jwhauser said:

I agree, we are all in the same boat and the turn-around times are completely unrealistic now with PSA and BGS not taking submissions.  I have four orders currently sitting at CSG.  One just moved to "Grading/Quality Control" yesterday, one still sitting in "Scheduled for Grading", and two higher-tiered submissions that haven't been checked in yet after a month and a half (tracking # confirmation states it's sitting safely at the facility).  Last Monday was the due date on my first two orders based on the turn around time posted at the time it was delivered.  It's frustrating that we have to wait but I currently have a large order (my last) sitting at PSA that's been there since last year.

My cards are safe and I know I will get them back, just not as quickly as I want them.  We are still dealing with one of the most reputable authentication companies out there when you consider CGC has been in business for over 20 years.

I'm not trying to minimize everyone's frustration but it's completely out of our control.  Our cards are safe and we will be happy once we get them back. 

I completely agree. I now find it comical that all the people posting on here thinking they're the only ones who submitted cards. They act like they submitted their cards yesterday and expect them back tomorrow. I feel CSG should start giving out complementary pacifiers to these people who act like babies.

People need to realize the state of the hobby right now. Every grading company received a massive amount of shipments and have so few people working. No one could've prepared for that.  Even companies that have been around for decades like PSA, Beckett and SGC weren't ready.

I'm also tired of people complaining about the shortage of slabs. Supplies are hard to get now too. Send an order to BCW and get back up with me about how long it takes for you to get your order. 

In short, these crybabies need to grow up. If you don't like how long everything is taking, then start your own grading company.

On 6/11/2021 at 8:53 PM, Shockmaster said:

People need to realize the state of the hobby right now. Every grading company received a massive amount of shipments and have so few people working. No one could've prepared for that.  Even companies that have been around for decades like PSA, Beckett and SGC weren't ready.

SGC got theirs under control, Beckett and PSA said they couldn't deal with it at stopped subs to try to get through the backlog. CSG and CGC are just getting longer and longer, with no drastic action to control turnaround on their end. It took them a month to get through a week's worth of deliveries. Instead of capping subs, jacking the price way up they increased by a tiny margin, probably so they could make more without deterring subs. They've shown time and time again through lack of communication that they don't give two f*cks about the customers.

I've been calling CS asking for my sub to be sent back, considering they haven't opened it in two calendar months.They won't even send back unopened orders, when it finally comes time for it to be opened. There's absolutely no reason that shouldn't be possible other than they can force you to continue the process and bill you even though it's not even remotely close to the estimate. It took 50 business days to open a package when turnaround was 25 when sent. 30? 40 to complete? Sure. 50 f*cking days just to get to the order and not think there might be a problem?

Management is a joke at this place. Yeah, we all get the hobby is up, look at the turnaround thread on CGC forum. The second or third comment is a dude that asked one of the Admins what they were going to do to deal with PSA shutting down the day after that announcement. The response was something to the effect of "We don't care what they do, we focus on improving our system". So you're telling me every customer with two brain cells could figure out things were about to go fubar but the people paid to figure it out as their job couldn't?  I can't fathom a world in which the man can be that dumb so the political answer was to answer the question without actually answering the question. I don't think they're insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. So it boils down to trying to do what's right for customers vs $$$$ and they chose the $. They came into this game far far after PSA and Beckett were already brought to their knees. At every turn they've mess on the consumer to get more money. Think people are completely justified in complaining about this mess show when 90% of it could've been avoided.

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

2 minutes ago, Garza Collection said:

My cards were delivered 3-22 and shows they are there by way of tracking number and not yet entered into their system but they are opening packages delivered 4-6?!?!? Super confused. 

its called the bait n switch 

35 minutes ago, Philip Golden said:

Mine just shipped today (June 16th). Looks like they didn't grade one of the 4 and they KILLED me on 2 of the 3. Putting it mildly, not going to be returning as a customer. 

So you got worse grades than you expected.... so you want to use a grader with lower standards?  OK. but you should realize that between you and CSG, one party is more unbiased than the other.

2 hours ago, RKgant said:

So you got worse grades than you expected.... so you want to use a grader with lower standards?  OK. but you should realize that between you and CSG, one party is more unbiased than the other.

I think that CSG will eventually prove to be the best grading company. They are tough but they are fair.

3 hours ago, Philip Golden said:

Mine just shipped today (June 16th). Looks like they didn't grade one of the 4 and they KILLED me on 2 of the 3. Putting it mildly, not going to be returning as a customer. 

Give this man a complimentary pacifier!!!!!!