• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else waiting on Cards to be input from 3/24/2021

172 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, nbuff52 said:

I'm in a very similar situation, 8 card economy order, package opened on 4/23.  Was stuck on scheduled for grading for a few weeks so I sent an email to customer service to make sure it wasn't something on my end holding it up.  The customer service rep noted that I'm still within the 61 day turnaround time, so I guess those of us who sent in their cards before the turnaround time increase are subject to the new TAT.  Also worth noting that a few hours after I received a reply back my status changed to "Grading/Quality Control".  Coincidence? Probably 

I have heard so many different things from different CSG reps from they go by old TATs to new ones, TAT starts when recieved at facility, TAT starts when they open package etc. Honesty is the best policy and the lack of transparency is quite alarming for a new branch of an established company. We chose CSG for price and TAT, if I needed somebody to hold my cards for a year, I would of just sent to PSA and got better ROI.  

On 5/12/2021 at 5:23 AM, Benjamin Brown said:

My expectations are pretty reasonable knowing just how wild grading companies have been this past year but it is impressive it only took a few months for TATs to jump so much and just getting your package received take now what? close to two months? 

With lessons learned across all companies and the CGC TCG backlog (Bulk is solidly 1-year TAT) you would have hoped CSG would over prepare for opening up a new grading division. 

Im not "over" CSG as they are my first and only grading experience. I know TAT would be long wherever I sent my cards. From an outside perspective though its just strange that they weren't more than ready to deal with a huge wave of subs. From the oversized cases being delayed to not having a pop report ready to go....CGC has also been touting having one for a year with nothing materializing.

As much as I see where you are coming from I don't think people are being completely fair to not just CSG but every other grading company outside of PSA right now. 

When PSA shut its doors there isn't a grading company in the world that would have been ready for that sort of volume coming their way instead. Even with several other options right now- BSG, CSG, SGC, HGA - the amount of cars that PSA was doing per day (they're up to grading over 25,000 PER DAY right now - that's a million cards every 40 days) completely overwhelmed the capability of these other companies. 

And there's no way these companies could have known that PSA would be completely shutting their doors (except super express etc), and logic dictates they couldn't have prepared for the overflow without immediately changing thousands of things within their operations. 

I'm not giving CSG or anyone any extra slack, but at the same time, even if it is a 200 day turnaround, at 12/card, and for the types of cards I'm sending in, I don't have a problem with that. They're only going to increase in value while they're waiting anyways ::shrug::

23 hours ago, ne1seenmykeys said:

As much as I see where you are coming from I don't think people are being completely fair to not just CSG but every other grading company outside of PSA right now. 

When PSA shut its doors there isn't a grading company in the world that would have been ready for that sort of volume coming their way instead. Even with several other options right now- BSG, CSG, SGC, HGA - the amount of cars that PSA was doing per day (they're up to grading over 25,000 PER DAY right now - that's a million cards every 40 days) completely overwhelmed the capability of these other companies. 

And there's no way these companies could have known that PSA would be completely shutting their doors (except super express etc), and logic dictates they couldn't have prepared for the overflow without immediately changing thousands of things within their operations. 

I'm not giving CSG or anyone any extra slack, but at the same time, even if it is a 200 day turnaround, at 12/card, and for the types of cards I'm sending in, I don't have a problem with that. They're only going to increase in value while they're waiting anyways ::shrug::

Only blame is the lack of response to the situation. SGC reacted accordingly, BGS dgaf,  CSG got buried. Maybe start limiting bulk orders? eliminate lower tier services till psa reopens? I'm no expert but some kind of reaction was warranted.

Edited by MountainG

On 5/12/2021 at 5:31 PM, ItismeH said:

My first and overall grading experience with any company as well and as a whole, I've been satisfied. I definitely expected the growing pains along with the craziness connected to the hobby market madness these days. I really would choose CSG over any competitor at this point. 

Somehow I missed this. If it's your first experience with any company, what do you have to compare it to. You said you hate SGC and PSA in another thread? 

You think other people complain a lot? It's because grading is a corner stone of reselling cards and some of us have hundreds of cards totalling thousands of dollars. Sending 10 cards in from your PC is way different than trying to move thousands of dollars of merchandise and having it locked down for an unknown time. If you were paying $3k to grade $18k worth of cards it's a totally different scenario than $200 for 10 PC cards.

That's why turnaround times need to be somewhat accurate and people complain about them being all over the place. To some people it's a business, and when you start screwing around with other people's money, and life it really isn't that funny.

Not trying to be a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed by saying this, but for some of us it's a totally different scenario in which were depending on a company to provide a service.

3 hours ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Somehow I missed this. If it's your first experience with any company, what do you have to compare it to. You said you hate SGC and PSA in another thread? 

You think other people complain a lot? It's because grading is a corner stone of reselling cards and some of us have hundreds of cards totalling thousands of dollars. Sending 10 cards in from your PC is way different than trying to move thousands of dollars of merchandise and having it locked down for an unknown time. If you were paying $3k to grade $18k worth of cards it's a totally different scenario than $200 for 10 PC cards.

That's why turnaround times need to be somewhat accurate and people complain about them being all over the place. To some people it's a business, and when you start screwing around with other people's money, and life it really isn't that funny.

Not trying to be a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed by saying this, but for some of us it's a totally different scenario in which were depending on a company to provide a service.

Just ignore him.  He's been shilling for the company from his first post on.  He sent a Jordan rookie in and they returned it as trimmed and instead of being upset, he was glad that they did it.  Since then he's been telling us all how to feel and how not to complain and how great they are and how bad all the other companies (which he has never used) are and how he would never use them.  I sure hope he's just some kind of fanboy and not actually working for them.

17 hours ago, Andy Gardecki said:

Just ignore him.  He's been shilling for the company from his first post on.  He sent a Jordan rookie in and they returned it as trimmed and instead of being upset, he was glad that they did it.  Since then he's been telling us all how to feel and how not to complain and how great they are and how bad all the other companies (which he has never used) are and how he would never use them.  I sure hope he's just some kind of fanboy and not actually working for them.

I'm not trying to 💩 on the man but I know what you're referring to. I've looked at it more in the sense that I don't think some people on here realize how deep others are into the cards. Hard to appreciate someone else's viewpoint without being in the same position. Most of the time it's people just grading a few PC cards, and in their position turnaround probably isn't super important. I know I'm way, way more chill about getting my PC stuff graded when I do, which is rare. If it's not going to be sold, what difference does it make how long it takes.

When it comes to things I'm trying to liquidate I don't have a lot of patience for TAT constantly getting pushed back every time I near the deadline. Been a major issue for me on the TCG grading. The time was like 25 days on my last sub for standard, then moved to 48. Now sitting at 40 business days and the package still isn't opened and estimated time is now 65 days. It's infuriating, stressful, and any plans I had for securing other products has disappeared. It's cost me quite a bit of money on opportunities I've had to pass up. Get the feeling they don't look at it this way.

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

Turnarounds for all the grading companies is a huge issue at this time for the bulk tier.  Beckett TAT is over 11 months, PSA before it shutdown was 8- 12 months, CSG looks like 8-12 months.

What are some possible solutions?  Limiting the number of submission per user, increase the price of submissions, only accept a certain amount of submissions each week similar to HGA, eliminate bulk submissions, hire more people. Any ideas how things can get better for the grading industry in terms of TAT?

54 minutes ago, robotur said:

Turnarounds for all the grading companies is a huge issue at this time for the bulk tier.  Beckett TAT is over 11 months, PSA before it shutdown was 8- 12 months, CSG looks like 8-12 months.

What are some possible solutions?  Limiting the number of submission per user, increase the price of submissions, only accept a certain amount of submissions each week similar to HGA, eliminate bulk submissions, hire more people. Any ideas how things can get better for the grading industry in terms of TAT?

I'd imagine this route but probably a combination of all the above. It's not like they can't ease up if they go to heavy handed on something. You can only get through so many cards in a given day. Why hoard everyone's cards with no cancelations or bumps in tier? Only people that benefit from that is the company by locking in your money regardless of how long it takes to complete.

I saw where someone said they sent in like 3k cards. I can't imagine anyone on the planet has that many cards worth grading in their possession.

On 5/26/2021 at 4:54 PM, MountainG said:

Economy Order 9 Cards

Delivered: 3/22

Opened: 4/30

Sceduled For Grading: 5/10

Hasn't moved since. 13 days(business) past original TAT

Bulk Order Delivered: 3/30 Hasn't been opened

I found the secret. Take your kid to Dave and Buster's, have a hell of a time. Come home and see Status: Grading/Quality Control  6/2

Happy Monday!

Anyone know what "received week" CSG is currently receiving?  I believe April 5 has been posted on their website for quite a while now.  I only shipped mine out a month ago but get a little nervous when sending out my high-end PC cards.  My first order only took less than a month so that's all I have to compare it to.

Thanks in advance for the read and response.

3 hours ago, jwhauser said:

Happy Monday!

Anyone know what "received week" CSG is currently receiving?  I believe April 5 has been posted on their website for quite a while now.  I only shipped mine out a month ago but get a little nervous when sending out my high-end PC cards.  My first order only took less than a month so that's all I have to compare it to.

Thanks in advance for the read and response.

The April 5th date has only been up for a few days. March 29th was the last one, and it was up for weeks.

1 hour ago, iam12fear said:

The April 5th date has only been up for a few days. March 29th was the last one, and it was up for weeks.

Thanks.  I thought the April 5th had been up for a while.  Appreciate the response.

Economy Order 9 Cards

Delivered: 3/22

Received: 4/30

Scheduled For Grading: 5/10

Grading/QC: 6/2

Shipped: 6/7

Bulk Order

Delivered: 3/30

Received: 6/7

Things seem to be moving. Will update when I get my first shipment. I got emails for both the finished order and the bulk order being received. Hope this helps some of you, good luck!

Edited by MountainG
forgot something

That's not too bad.  I have a bulk order that was received on 4/9 that has been scheduled for grading for the past month plus.  At the time, the expected turn-around time was around 60 days.  My credit card was charged a couple weeks ago but the status hasn't changed.  I'm wondering if they just keep backing up the bulk orders to accommodate the higher tiered services.

A lot has happened in the card grading world since submitting my cards.  I get it.  I would just like to see some movement since the order has already been paid for.