• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else waiting on Cards to be input from 3/24/2021

172 posts in this topic

On 4/19/2021 at 3:22 PM, ItismeH said:

Which service level did you use?

I just looked again, I spoke too soon, I had mailed it on the 24th and was received (physically, not in their system) by CSG on 3/29. Which means I'm still probably a week out from being entered. I saw a reference to HGA yesterday. By luck, their weekly reset was yesterday also and I snagged a slot for a 10-day turnaround from them for $55. I jumped on it to send a 2010 Bowman Trout Rookie Auto Refractor their way, in hopes to get it back quickly. I had wanted to send it to CSG, but until my Jasson Dominguez refractor auto "canary in a coalmine" turns up as received I am not sending them any more cards.

I’m impressed you were able to get anything into HGA it’s like playing the lottery.   Happy for you.   Grading cards are making a killing for them to only be grading 5 days a week 8 hours a day.   You would think they would run 7 days a week and have shifts so they can run faster turn arounds.   What do I know though.  

58 minutes ago, Nick Mares said:

I’m impressed you were able to get anything into HGA it’s like playing the lottery.   Happy for you.   Grading cards are making a killing for them to only be grading 5 days a week 8 hours a day.   You would think they would run 7 days a week and have shifts so they can run faster turn arounds.   What do I know though.  

I had never heard of them before yesterday. I hate to say it, as it was probably an anomaly, but I signed on my work PC at 5:00pm, when it started handing out slots and got a great slot. But I  also wanted to head home so brought it up on my phone also for the ride home. Both devices got good slots immediately, and after putting in my order there were plenty of slots left.  In total there was only 3,500 card slots, but it was easy, though may have gotten lucky on the low volume that people submitted before me. With a limit of 5 cards submissions, it seemed fair and left slots for a decent amount of people. I'm just excited about a true 10-day turnaround. Also, curious to see the slab. With the Trout rookie auto I went with neutral team colors for the label. They look pretty cool when the slab label matches the team. 

The frustrating part about CSG is that folks found the loophole in their system that you can send 1 Express card in, pay the $40, and your whole bulk order jumps to the front of the line. I have seen in some facebooks groups that people have sent in bulk orders well after mine, and they are already back because they did 1 card at Express. That tells me CSG has no way, or no deserve, or no system to do just the express, and keep bulk cards in same order received. So, if that is system, you have to do same thing if you are sending in bulk. I imagine CSG is going to have to change that part of the process. If not, why would you ever send them a submission without 1 Express of even WalkThrough to speed up process. I have 400+ cards at CSG, and 0 have been entered in. They were signed for on March 25th. 

If they are going by 80 working days, from time the are entered into system, that puts return around August 8th. If entered next few days. By that time, we will know what PSA is planning to do with their submissions.

I have 3500 cards at PSA, 1500 of those were not entered into system before shut down, as of yesterday PSA had entered 1100 of those since they shut down. Granted all are in Stage 3, and we know how long that takes. 

Early take, CSG wasn't ready for the tidal wave that hit them, and their turnaround times mean as much as PSA's turnaround times. 

On 4/18/2021 at 10:01 AM, Juanr said:

You would thing that CSG is picking up on the submissions that have 1 express card and the rest bulk.  They really do need to put the bulk on the backburner just like PSA does.  

Or at least do the 1 Express, and keep bulk in same order as it came in. Right now, they are letting all those bulk orders jump ahead of several that just did bulk grading. 

7 hours ago, The Break Brothers said:

I just looked again, I spoke too soon, I had mailed it on the 24th and was received (physically, not in their system) by CSG on 3/29. Which means I'm still probably a week out from being entered. I saw a reference to HGA yesterday. By luck, their weekly reset was yesterday also and I snagged a slot for a 10-day turnaround from them for $55. I jumped on it to send a 2010 Bowman Trout Rookie Auto Refractor their way, in hopes to get it back quickly. I had wanted to send it to CSG, but until my Jasson Dominguez refractor auto "canary in a coalmine" turns up as received I am not sending them any more cards.

To each their own. Personally I don't care for HGA, their slabs are just too gimmicky for me. Good luck to you. 

Hopefully CSG takes this opportunity to establish a niche or differentiator by treating their customers better than the other graders.  They promoted predicable turn times and transparency.  We are getting neither.  Don't waste this crisis, CSG.  Make it  right with your customers that are waiting.  Maybe vouchers or something.  In 60 days, their will be 10 more companies with the same level of cred and slab value as CSG.  I need a reason to stay with CSG.

Note:  Customer service wins/loses business... ask Time Warner.

Edited by Coyotemags

26 minutes ago, Coyotemags said:

Hopefully CSG takes this opportunity to establish a niche or differentiator by treating their customers better than the other graders.  They promoted predicable turn times and transparency.  We are getting neither.  Don't waste this crisis, CSG.  Make it  right with your customers that are waiting.  Maybe vouchers or something.  In 60 days, their will be 10 more companies with the same level of cred and slab value as CSG.  I need a reason to stay with CSG.

Note:  Customer service wins/loses business... ask Time Warner.

I agree. At this point I wish I would have just put my cards in the safe and held out for PSA.

16 hours ago, ItismeH said:

To each their own. Personally I don't care for HGA, their slabs are just too gimmicky for me. Good luck to you. 

I haven't used them before but I'd like the cards back this year. I am giving them a shot, just like CSG.  I will have a card back in 10 days, with subs and auto authentication though.  From what I've seen they are holding some value too.  Right now I see HGA and CSG getting similar sold prices as both are new card graders. Do you have issue with HGAs grading?  As its about the cards inside, not the slab labels. You can get a plain label, in case you don't want their team color options - and they use AI for portions of the grading, like CSG. To me, right now they are both unproven, but holding similar value - so I'm willing to send a card to both. I'll report back on the HGA and CSG as they move through eachs system. They both cost $55, so curious how HGAs 10-day compares with the CSG who hasn't entered my test card 3 weeks after receiving it, and has just increased both turnarounds and pricing (just today)...

Edited by The Break Brothers

On 4/21/2021 at 9:06 AM, KBost33 said:

Or at least do the 1 Express, and keep bulk in same order as it came in. Right now, they are letting all those bulk orders jump ahead of several that just did bulk grading. 

Did a CSG employee tell you all the incoming bulk orders are jumping ahead of the bulk orders that were already at their facility? Or are you just speculating?

54 minutes ago, M_B said:

I spoke with CSG customer service today and was told they are still working on orders that were received the week of 3/15/2021.

They are in over their heads a bit, judging esp from their news announcement today about more hiring and raising prices already...on the heels of adjusting up turnaround times. Both bad this close after launch.  Given they were in the comic grading business and know the industry they did not plan well for the card launch...unfortunately (for us). They've been on 3/15 for 2 weeks now.  If they are still on 3/15 again next week then its bonafide circus. They need to either get more people, add shifts or improve their workflow or they will never get out of the hole.

This is getting kind of ridiculous. I have an email from 4/9 saying they're working on the week of 3/15, and they expect my cards that were delivered on 3/26 to be in their system within 25 business days, which would be next Friday. I can't see them working on 2 weeks of subs in a week.

As a first time grader I was hoping this would be a good experience and I'd be able to send another bulk order out later this year, but so far they're the same horror stories I hear about other grading companies. I'm not looking for a quick flip, so I'll just keep my raw cards for a while.

I got a message from customer service today that they are currently working on packages received the week of 3/15

I am happy with the responsiveness and transparency of their customer service.  I emailed twice and got responses in under 24 hours and I got real answers to my questions with more detail than I needed and not just some scripted response.  My first shipment was delivered to them 4/15 and I'm going to send another before price increase.  I expect to be waiting anywhere from 90 days to a year to get my stuff back at economy grading price so anything faster will be a bonus.  The posts I've seen from people that have gotten stuff back already have been very pleased with both the holders and the accuracy of the grading.  

I just received my confirmation email that they have recieved my package and it is entered into the system.

It was a 5 card standard tier submission. It was delivered and signed for on March 22. So took a month to be entered.